Speculations Is Law going to betray everyone.

Is Law going to betray everyone

• Yes, he's going to betray everyone.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • He's going to betray everyone, except the Straw Hats.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • He's Not going to betray anyone!

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters
Law is one of my absolute favorite characters, but I cannot shake the feeling that he's up to something.

Why does he keep his crew distant from his activates + distance himself from the alliance?
Why did he tell his crew not to tell Luffy of his capture?
What was his original plan to defeat Kaido, he had his own plan before ever meeting the Minks & Samurai and is being secretive about it.
Could he be the traitor and have his own agenda? Remember when Law said that it was best to wait and let the other pirates take each other out? Could that be his plan all along, to set up a war that will destroy most of his competition for One Piece.

I hope not because I'm a big fan, but then it would also be kind of epic.

I doubt he is going to betrya the Alliance, more like he is scheming that will eventually end up helping the Alliance in the end.

Tho i wouldn't mind Pre ts Law, the type we saw at Saboady was Savage. Given that Law believed in thinking more Logically than emotionally and setting up a war that could destroy the competition sounds better and also more epic.

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
Seeing how Law knows so much about the SHs right now, was even listening to the conversation of how Robin was a key to poneglyphs and explanation around Road Poneglyphs, it could certainly be a heavy twist if he somehow used those informations to his advantage while turning against the SHs. However the way Law has been portrayed thus far suggest he is more like the ally, so i don't expect it to happen. I can only see someone like Kid doing it after partnering with him in the fight against Kaido.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
This is not all. Law still doesn't know that big mom is also here. That would sure give him a heartache.. Lol

Well answer to op is yes.

Law will betray Luffy now. But only at superficial level. It will look like he backstabbed Luffy but he will turn out to be alliance savior.

Infact, I won't be surprised if law and Hawkins already made a plan or come out with a plan on such note

I wish, but I have doubts!
But I would love at the very least the thought of betraying comes to his mind!
At the very least, a thought!

Hell, it would give his character some development rather than just to continue to be in the supporting role!

His character is at stalemate, it's not going anywhere!

So, at the very least if Oda doesn't have the guts for a 180 switch! then he should at least makes him have internal struggle and thoughts of betraying, before Luffy as always wins him over haha.

Otherwise, that dialog between him and Hawkins is pointless

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
β€Ž
I doubt Law would betray luffy. Remember how much trust Law had in Luffy, how much he knew Doffy cant win against Luffy.

Law has much trust and law already saw what Kind of man luffy is, i cant imagine a Scenario he would betray him.

But for answering your question about why Luffy shouldnt know about him getting caught, there are just 2 good possibilities:
1. he already knew he wont be imprisoned for Long/real.
2. He knew, when Luffy gets to know, he will go rampage on the "prison" (or whatever it is where Law is) and gets all the Focus of Kaido on him.

However, if he wants to do a betrayel, I want him to commit to the action! And not turn into another Squard weeping and crying during the war hahaha, he should do it with a DON as Tom san used to say
Post automatically merged:

I doubt Law would betray luffy. Remember how much trust Law had in Luffy, how much he knew Doffy cant win against Luffy.

Law has much trust and law already saw what Kind of man luffy is, i cant imagine a Scenario he would betray him.

But for answering your question about why Luffy shouldnt know about him getting caught, there are just 2 good possibilities:
1. he already knew he wont be imprisoned for Long/real.
2. He knew, when Luffy gets to know, he will go rampage on the "prison" (or whatever it is where Law is) and gets all the Focus of Kaido on him.
OR he didn't want to be indebted to the alliance by saving him, a matter of pride, specially after the recent conflict where they accused his crew of spilling the plans

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
β€Ž
But a question, why would you like to see how law is going to betray luffy? What do you think we get out of that Situation or do you hope for?

But a question, why would you like to see how law is going to betray luffy? What do you think we get out of that Situation or do you hope for?
Law's character ever since Doffy has fallen, his character is not moving anywhere. This can build up one of the best storylines between him and Luffy to where both characters can have great charactarization.

1- With Luffy, he will for the FIRST TIME, get a huge betray by someone he considers a close friend. It doesn't matter if Law tries to act cool and act like they are no friends, it's the reality, Luffy for the first time will receive a betray from a friend. And that's freaking Luffy, who has luck always on his side, who turns people into allies on his way, so for an ally to turn to enemy, that's a new thing to witness, and would create an awesome drama

2- For Law, the guy as I mentioned, after Doffy has fallen, his character did not move to anything new. He just feels like "Nothing". Nothing to offer except his presence as an ally for the war. That is a great shame. That's why I said that Oda has to at least provide the thought of betrayel to cross Law's mind.
I really don't mind it if Law completely betrayed the alliance and ended the war on the bad side. For me, that would be such a great development in events which could potentially means that Oda's intention is to make not only Kidd, but also Law to go his own separate journey and ulyimately, they all fight for One Piece, like how some fans wanted when Supernova came around

BUT if Oda wants Law to be a cheerleader for the rest of his life for Luffy, I also do not mind it, BUT I prefer it after Law having a thought of betraying Luffy, but he ends up saving the day and comes in clutch because of some characterization Law got from Luffy who won his heart again! So, what I mean, is that if Oda wants Law to throw away the wole going after One Piece and bet on Luffy and be a cheerleader, I want Oda to build for that moment, and build for event where Law completely announces that One Piece is not a goal he has and he's betting on Luffy for it.

So, either way, both direction would give Law the opportunity for his character to move on from the Doflamingo Saga which imo he still did not.
Oda can either:
1- Build him as an enemy to make him a rival once again for the throne
2- Or he can give closure for Law's character by making him have doubts, then resolve it at the end with Luffy and entrusting everything on him

However, one thing I would be afraid of, and that Oda makes him another Squard. Him thinking about betrayel is NOT the same as actually making a move and betraying. So, if he is about to betray, he better do it until the very end, cause I will not stand or swallow the idea of him making a betrayel, then immediately in short span of time, he regrets it and starts crying like Squard. Ugh, shoot me please if that ever happens!

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
β€Ž
Actually... it wouldnt be the first time.
First and strongest at all, we had Usopp changing against Luffy. Sure it is no direct betrayal, but includes what you mentioned, having a Close friend against you.
Next one, we would have the whole CP9-Storyline, where we thought some of them would be Kind of friends or at least neutral.
The third one, we would have here Bellamy, which Luffy saw as friend, but still needed to fight against him, while he is an underling of Doffy.
And the fourth one, when Luffy needed to go against Garp, even when Garp downplayed it and let Luffy won, Luffy didnt knew this and needed to go against his grandfather.

Your second Point, the character-development... you Need to Keep in mind to have this whole Story in his Frame. We know the backstory of Law, we know what it means for him to have his ally which is about giving everything to him to save him. He knows that Kind of ally and he sees exactly that in Luffy. The character-development you are looking for, will be giving through his Crew, by getting to know how his Crew got build and stuff, i guess we will see this in the war.

Probably not betray or backstab but i can see him taking lots of advantage of thd situation to get what he wants

The most "evil" thing i see him doin is pretending to betray the alliance without their knowledge
I can also see him sayin at the end of wano that luffy and him arent friends anymore and are rivals

Actually... it wouldnt be the first time.
First and strongest at all, we had Usopp changing against Luffy. Sure it is no direct betrayal, but includes what you mentioned, having a Close friend against you.
Next one, we would have the whole CP9-Storyline, where we thought some of them would be Kind of friends or at least neutral.
The third one, we would have here Bellamy, which Luffy saw as friend, but still needed to fight against him, while he is an underling of Doffy.
And the fourth one, when Luffy needed to go against Garp, even when Garp downplayed it and let Luffy won, Luffy didnt knew this and needed to go against his grandfather.

Your second Point, the character-development... you Need to Keep in mind to have this whole Story in his Frame. We know the backstory of Law, we know what it means for him to have his ally which is about giving everything to him to save him. He knows that Kind of ally and he sees exactly that in Luffy. The character-development you are looking for, will be giving through his Crew, by getting to know how his Crew got build and stuff, i guess we will see this in the war.
With all due respect sir, all four examples you mentioned are not really a betrayel from a close friend from Luffy!
- Usopp case was no betrayel

- CP9, the SHs barely got to know them

- Bellamy never betrayed Luffy, he simply stayed on Mingo side, in order to not be considered as someone who betrayed Doffy who he used to idolize, and Luffy understood that very well

- Garp never betrayed Luffy

hell, even moments like Robin leaving the crew or Sanji leaving, from inside their heart, they thought they were helping the SHs and wanted all the best for SHs and their survival, it's not really a betrayel unless a person deliberately does it from his own accordance. It's when something like Law being a close friend to Luffy, and he basically turns on Luffy and everyone in alliance while HE IS CONVINCED AND WANTS TO DO IT

In fact, the closest thing to betrayel I would say is Pudding, BUT the problem with that is that Luffy barely knew pudding, sure he liked her in their first meet up, but she wouldn't be called a very close friend of his.
Post automatically merged:

Probably not betray or backstab but i can see him taking lots of advantage of thd situation to get what he wants

The most "evil" thing i see him doin is pretending to betray the alliance without their knowledge
I can also see him sayin at the end of wano that luffy and him arent friends anymore and are rivals
Law: From here on out, we are rivals, Mugiwara-ya
Luffy: That's not for you to decide, cause you will join my crew

Last edited: