General & Others Is Luffy a top 5 manga MC/protagonist?

Is Luffy a top 5 manga (Shonen/Seinen/etc included) MC/protagonist?

• Total voters
Gon has normal behavior for a child. And he's not stupid all the time and he's very smart after all that's what it takes to be a Hunter. Luffy could never learn to hunt using intelligence without needing strength. Luffy is so dumb that for example, Roger had the intelligence to realize that the Poneglyfis can indicate the location of Raftelf, take an interest in what the D. are, Luffy in Roger's time would never be King of the Pirates.

Luffy has never shown interest in any mysteries or learning anything and he has Robin in the crew.
Luffy is dumb because instead of doing shit that he doesn't enjoy like cooking or reading ancient languages, he hires people. K.

Last edited:
1. Giorno
2. Johnny
3. Josuke (Jojolion)
4. Joseph
5. Jolyne

Saying Luffy is better than any of these is just wrong.
:kobeha:
Not even want to argue this braindead take but Giorno is bland as hell just like rest of them, Josuke’s whole personality is his hair, Joseph is somewhat quirky. They don’t whole a candle to Luffy in terms of personality, quirks, cool and hype moments. Their fights maybe better but then again Luffy vs Kata clears

I like the franchise but aside from maybe Joseph most people don't know who the fuck they are. Araki himself could not carry any of them for a whole 60 volumes even if you believe OP went to shit post timeskip
Being an MC for longer doesn’t mean you’re better.

Most of these Jojos have longer runs than light and Lelouch who are two of the best MCs in manga.

Luffy may not be perfect but his spontaneous nature is what is appealing to me, He is unpredictably predictable, when he asked Momo to bite Kaido so that he is not afraid anymore, kidnapped Shirahosi, left Rebecca to his fathers home, punched Vivi, asked Robin to tell him that she wants to live and shot the world flag, or decided to not fight the pirates ( just to prove a point and keep his promise to Nami intact), or fought with Koby in shells town so that he grows a spine and stand up for his morals. I mean these moments are what make Luffy as Luffy. These are the moments enjoyable to me. Either way it is subjective.

S

ShinzoAbeReturns

I like the franchise but aside from maybe Joseph most people don't know who the fuck they are. Araki himself could not carry any of them for a whole 60 volumes even if you believe OP went to shit post timeskip
Jotaro is the most popular Jojo. Don’t talk out of your ass next time you stupid fucking dork.

And yeah, Luffy is garbage. Not that Gon etc. are better though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jotaro is the most popular Jojo. Don’t talk out of your ass next time you stupid fucking dork.

And yeah, Luffy is garbage. Not that Gon etc. are better though.
Whoa we got a badass over here.

Jotaro and Josuke have been two of my favorite characters for a pretty long time; I was one of those Americans who became a JoJo fan back when they brought the Dreamcast game here. I still like them more because Araki kept their stories short enough not to really get into a bad spot with them.

But that does nothing to change the fact that Luffy commands a more successful and influential story than all of JoJo combined.