Questions & Mysteries Is Luffy lucky that he doesn't need to fight Prime WB?

Is Luffy lucky that he doesn't need to fight Prime WB?

• Total voters
Blackbeard has his quake fruit and Weevil is stated to be as physically strong as him. He need only beat Weevil to prove he's physically stronger (mint writing btw, Oda) and fight Blackbeard to prove that he can handle the quake fruit -- which should be irrelevant anyway since he's rubber.

No, Because Luffy's gonna beat someone worse than Prime WB in Blackbeard. BB is gonna be > WB/Roger. If Oda doesn't pull off some Kaguya tier BS then BB will be the strongest character EOS.

Yeah no.
It's not Kaguya tier BS, it's been hinted at for a large portion of the manga at this point.
Gorosei have existed since Doflamingo, and they shit talk Akainu
Imu has been stated as the king of the world with the Gorosei bowing to him
Imu knows the strawhat mystery/joyboy
Immortality surgery has been hinted at
Whitebeard's speech at Marineford laid out that after finding the One Piece Luffy would need to challenge the WG.

FA Sakazuki > Prime Garp imo. He has been built up as an EoS fight for Luffy.
Yes I can see that as quite feasible.

After all Oda may want to portray the final Marine villain as peculiarly strong and I can totally see FW Luffy + Sabo having a very hard time against him. I'm not fond of Kizaru or someone else as final Marine hypotheses. By that point I can see Luffy himself possibly standing close or on the level of Prime Garp.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It's not Kaguya tier BS, it's been hinted at for a large portion of the manga at this point.
Gorosei have existed since Doflamingo, and they shit talk Akainu
Imu has been stated as the king of the world with the Gorosei bowing to him
Imu knows the strawhat mystery/joyboy
Immortality surgery has been hinted at
Whitebeard's speech at Marineford laid out that after finding the One Piece Luffy would need to challenge the WG.
And which of these hint at Kaguya level power inflation?

FA Sakazuki > Prime Garp imo. He has been built up as an EoS fight for Luffy.
Luffy will definitely be the one to take down Akainu but he's never implied to be an EOS opponent for Luffy. FA Akainu is no different admiral Akainu btw.

Luffy will definitely be the one to take down Akainu but he's never implied to be an EOS opponent for Luffy. FA Akainu is no different admiral Akainu btw.
I think he will be one of the three last opponents Luffy faces, with BB and Imu. Though I have yet to picture Imu and what he will actually bring to the table. It seems possible that Luffy will face Akainu in the final war.

I think that Akainu got stronger from the Aokiji fight.

I used to believe that Whitebeard was the strongest in the world, including stronger than Roger, but after the recent flashback I'm now sure Roger was in fact stronger than Whitebeard. I thought their relationship was something akin to Lucci or Katakuri (WB), opponents that were de facto stronger than Luffy (Roger) but got beat/drew due to sheer willpower.

Now I believe it was more like Luffy (Roger) and Law (WB). Roger was indeed stronger than Whitebeard by a decent margin but due to their great relationship Roger held back/didn't tap into overdrive during their clash.

My head canon is that Whitebeard wanted to leave/take down Rocks but couldn't do anything about Xebec, kind of how Law couldn't take down Doffy. In stepped Luffy (Roger) who have "overdrive"-abilities when their comrades are hurt "could turn into a demon" like Garp explained. In other words base Luffy/Roger are equal to WB/Law but have access to another gear when they get mad/need to protect their nakama.

In a way Luffy is lucky to not fight Whitebeard because he was a true monster and if Luffy couldn't tap into overdrive because WB did something horrific to his friends/a population Luffy would not be able to topple WB. But if WB did something to irritate Luffy then Luffy would be able to take WB out. Does that make sense?

Yes I can see that as quite feasible.

After all Oda may want to portray the final Marine villain as peculiarly strong and I can totally see FW Luffy + Sabo having a very hard time against him. I'm not fond of Kizaru or someone else as final Marine hypotheses. By that point I can see Luffy himself possibly standing close or on the level of Prime Garp.
I think that Kizaru is fighting Zoro.

Well Prime Blackbeard will probably manage to mess with Luffy's DF powers so I don't know if he shall legitimately become as powerful as Primebeard if let's say he fought a devil fruit less user... his Yami would turn out to be way less proficient in that case.