Questions & Mysteries Is Mihawk still a pirate technically?

I'm adding the word "technically" because of course Mihawk probably did things in the past that were pirate like but the key difference back then was HE WAS GOING AFTER HIS DREAM. Now that he isn't doing that anymore, he basically has less reason to do the things that led to him being called a pirate.

But to the government, like with rayleigh, we know that there's no such thing as "retired" pirates and the sins of the past remain until he you either get caught or die.

That's why I'm asking whether Mihawk is technically still a pirate in what he does anymore. Like does he atually do pirate things from now on. I mean except resisting arrest like Rayleigh would do, is Mihawk actually like killing civilians or looting or getting involved in politics.

None of this shit matches his character at all, even to the point that when he literally had immunity to do evil shit when he was a warlord, he still didn't do that shit. Basically all of Mihawk's infamy was from stuff he did a very long time ago it seems or at the very least from resisting arrest now.

I think technically Mihawk is no longer a pirate like how I don't count Rayleigh as currently big a pirate and the only thing both guys really do against the government is resisting arrest.

Well, he did things in the past that put him in the pirate list, that is not hard to imagine for me. Mihawk has never done any harm to civilians or marines on panel but now he is confortably sitting at the top of the food chain waiting for a worthy opponent, slashing pirate fleets or MF stuff to kill time, yet to arrive where it is he had for sure dirtied his hands.

Moreover it could very well be that a lot of civilians and or marined died or were endangered by his fights even from just the side effects. Just think at Marineford and how the frozen giant wave kms away from him was slashed down "for mistake", and he was just derping with Luffy. Now imagine him battling with 2 arms Shanks and what he (they) could have provoked.

And anyway now the mistake was done by the marines. He is a wantrd man, they will send after him marines and ships he will destroy so that he keeps his pirate portrait.

We don't know much about him but i believe he did some insane stuff we saw how in to the chase he was. Something inside him had awaken when he saw the marines were going to chase him

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
His fanboys don't wanna him being a pirate since that would put him under the statement Garp made about the yonko being the 4 strongest pirates that reign like kings in the second half of the grand line.

Anyways yes he is a pirate. The warlords are all pirates (including Kuma).
Post automatically merged:
Garp called them the 4 most powerful pirates, with their political influence playing a factor.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
We don't know much about him but i believe he did some insane stuff we saw how in to the chase he was. Something inside him had awaken when he saw the marines were going to chase him
And he refused to fight them because he probably didn't even feel threatened. This is how much of a monster he is.

He generally fights strong opponents but he even refused a new duel with Shanks.

1. So they are not the strongest cause Garp never said that right?

2. Garp did talk about influence.
They are the strongest. Powerful and strongest are used interchangeably quite often. Plus we already know for a fact that two of the emperors at the time were indeed the strongest beings alive. The rest is just deductive reasoning.

The translation about political influence and stuff was done by a certain Mihawk/Zoro fanboy with a known bias against Shanks :kayneshrug: