General & Others Is One Piece Overrated or Underrated?

Is One Piece Overrated or Underrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only place I read/heard about OP is here. Honestly it doesn't seem this site is a bad indicator: few people still love this manga to the death, some like it (maybe people who joined the community not long ago, but also some old readers as well), some, like me, don't like it so much any longer, liked it in the past, and another small small minority actually hate it.

Hella overrated. Pre ts was good but post ts is mediocre overall. If wano's war is considered peak then imagine an actual good war in kingdom. Two things oda does really well : build up hype and offscreen. Even some reveals now are like eh imo.
Also the anime is medioce asf. Its dragging, the recaps, repeated shots, scenes lasting longer than they should, running. I was shocked to see Dressrosa was 110+ episodes while it was 100 chapters. The shittiest pacing Ive ever seen.

Last edited:
There are people that gush over everything and there are people who criticise even the most insignificant aspects of the story. It's rating is fine relative to how most manga are rated by their fanbases. I think the subreddit can get over-the-top with the worship but I don't think that means it's overrated. Plenty of people, for instance, criticise Wano and post-timeskip plenty. A good chunk of fans see the quality of the series and it's low-points, plus I don't care much for terms like over/underrated cause it pretends that most people liking/disliking something a lot or praising/critiquing something a lot shouldn't happen as much but I think people are free to enjoy or hate whatever.