Speculations Is Queen down for good?

Is the fight over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Same results"

Bro, 1022 is where the F6 confirmed were down. Not before. Me maintaining the argument UNTIL 1022 is literally 1 event. I thought the fights MIGHT continue. I was wrong ONCE, not FIVE times.

Oda never confirmed, narratively, that the F6 fights were over until the last one finished.

The F6 are also not the Calamities, they aren't even the same as each other. Sanji's fight is not the same as Franky's, just as Robin's wasn't to Jinbe. Just as Nami's weird ass fight wasn't to any of them. Jack's is NOT the same as Queen or King's.

I have @sanjikun jumping down my throat on this too, yet he was the one saying that all the F6 and Calamity fights would be done by 1025. Yet here we are over a volume later arguing about this still.

I've literally never changed my arguments here. I FOLLOW narration. When 1022 happened, I never suggested the F6 would get up again. When Jack was defeated in 1026, same thing. I've supported other people's ideas, I've never actually made those claims myself.

Stop acting like this is something I need to "learn" my lesson on. I know what im talking about here. 1035 will either show Queen up or not up. Narration is king here, fight paneling and double spreads are not.
Your issue is thinking because narrator didn't state anything yet then the battle isn't over
The reason why F6 were confirmed defeated in 1022 was because oda was waiting for every flyer to lose to make narrator announcement

There's nothing left for sanji to prove again this battle or accept.

You don't need narrator announcement always to accept someone ie defeated,
Read the narratives on how Oda wrote the chapter.
This chapter is the end of Queen
Next chapter or 1036/37 when King loses , Oda will write it "Calamities are down"

I believe Sanji actually hit Osome. 1st off Queen's dialogue is a bit confusing. He sees her at first and says that he thought she had a migraine, but she is walking perfectly fine. Suggesting that he hasn't seen Osome today. And then he says that he will give her more divine punishment. So maybe queen is referencing hitting her in the past. Again, Queen said he thought she was bedridden if queen saw her before he would have already known that she wasn't. I think Oda might be trying to make the readers believe that Queen hit Osome. The fact that he went over to hit her again would reinforce that he probably did it. However, I think Oda deliberately did this to bring attention away from Sanji. This will lead to Sanji going through an alter ego an evil side. Sanji told Zoro that he wanted Zoro to kill him after their fights if sanji wasn't the same person. I can't see absolutely nothing coming out of that, for that just to build some fake tension would make that moment a lot less impactful.

I believe Sanji actually hit Osome. 1st off Queen's dialogue is a bit confusing. He sees her at first and says that he thought she had a migraine, but she is walking perfectly fine. Suggesting that he hasn't seen Osome today. And then he says that he will give her more divine punishment. So maybe queen is referencing hitting her in the past. Again, Queen said he thought she was bedridden if queen saw her before he would have already known that she wasn't. I think Oda might be trying to make the readers believe that Queen hit Osome. The fact that he went over to hit her again would reinforce that he probably did it. However, I think Oda deliberately did this to bring attention away from Sanji. This will lead to Sanji going through an alter ego an evil side. Sanji told Zoro that he wanted Zoro to kill him after their fights if sanji wasn't the same person. I can't see absolutely nothing coming out of that, for that just to build some fake tension would make that moment a lot less impactful.
I had similar thoughts but this is too complex for Oda. He likes it to keep it PG

I hope his not done and think about it queen hasnt been that serious with sanji would be a bit underwelming for as a character, he took down a yonko commander after a fight that the YC was more interested in seeing germa tech and attacking a women than trying to kill sanji.

I could see queen do 3 actions:
  • he effects sanji with a viruse too weaken him and then go full body CoA.
  • he effects himseld with viruse but it has positive effect like he becomes buff queen,
  • he become super mecha queen something like mecha godzilla

@Paperchampion23 Cracker didn't have an "ultimate attack"
Cracker was a completely unorthodox fight. It turned into an eating gag half way through.

And Cracker was at least paying attention to Luffy. Queen wasn't
Post automatically merged:

Your issue is thinking because narrator didn't state anything yet then the battle isn't over
The reason why F6 were confirmed defeated in 1022 was because oda was waiting for every flyer to lose to make narrator announcement

There's nothing left for sanji to prove again this battle or accept.

You don't need narrator announcement always to accept someone ie defeated,
Read the narratives on how Oda wrote the chapter.
This chapter is the end of Queen
Next chapter or 1036/37 when King loses , Oda will write it "Calamities are down"
No shit? And yes you do, that's how it works.

And no, Jack already was narrated as defeated, like I said stop using the first ever example of how he batched the F6 to claim how Queen and King will be defeated.

The stupidest thing is I and many others can be wrong about our observations but people here will use hindsight bias against us to act like they were always going to be right lol. I know this because this was what exactly happened with the F6.

I'm not even making hard claims Queen will get up. I said we can't make hard claims about ANYTHING until we see Queen's state next chapter. That's it.

And it's funny, because some of the same people here acting like they are surefire winners of this whole argument were the same people claiming Sanji's fight would be over after 1028 or 1031, 2 chapters also names after Queen and Sanji. And yet, the for the first time ever, Oda didn't end those fights then, but extended them.

Like I've said a hundred times already, if he's he's next chapter and it's confirmed, I will NOT be making arguments about him getting up. I never did for the F6/Jack after they went down (I supported others opinions but made open claims about doubting it happening)

Queen isn't the F6. The chapter ends without seeing Queen's state of being, unlike Sasaki/BM/Ulti where you did see the aftermath, or unlike Jack/Peros/Hawkins where the narrator actually ended those fights. If anything, it can sort of be compared to WsW, but in that way, we at least got a closeup of WsW getting his face punched in. WsW at least paid attention to Jinbe and was scared of him.

Queen getting back up with Ice Oni Boost has Sanji officially beating MADS in their specialties:
Vegapunks Cybernetics
Judges Germa Power
Queens Plagues
"WSw will get up to show his own version of Lucci finisher move "
"We haven't seen his face yet"
"WsW will show awakening "
Copy and paste it on any character Oda ends in wano except Yonko

Oda's Post Timeskip Fights in general are bad. I remember people insisting that Vergo wasn't done the chapter he was cut up, because no way Oda would hype him up so much only to have him lose so easily.

Doflamingo and Katakuri are the only ones who got fights that live up to pre Timeskip standards, and even then Oda fucked up a lot of aspects of those fights

Complete and utter hindsight bias

WsW was the first official fight of this arc and people expected more of the character. That's it. Then Oda didn't show the aftermath of the fight prompting the increased discussion on the topic.

Queen isn't WsW and once again Oda is pulling a cliffhanger again with the fight. Like WsW, we don't know what Queen can tank vs what defeats him. For WsW, Jinbe's punch was enough. For Queen, we have no idea if Sanji needs to do more or not.
Post automatically merged:

Oda's Post Timeskip Fights in general are bad. I remember people insisting that Vergo wasn't done the chapter he was cut up, because no way Oda would hype him up so much only to have him lose so easily.

Doflamingo and Katakuri are the only ones who got fights that live up to pre Timeskip standards, and even then Oda fucked up a lot of aspects of those fights
Law vs Smoker was great, as was Law/Smoker vs Vergo. Law vs Doflamingo was pretty good too.

Things did change when too many characters got involved. He didn't want to spend multiple chapters on a Fleet member's particular fight, so he finished them in a chapter.

Then WCI omitted any reasonable fight for the crew outside of Luffy. Could have been good growth moments for Chopper/Brook/Nami but they never happened.

Wano honestly has been surprising to me, he's given "more" to the fights that have occurred vs what I've expected, but yeah the choreography hasn't been all that great imo outside of Jinbe vs WsW (for as short as it was), the end of Franky vs Sasaki, and Zoro vs King. Sanji vs Queen has had its moments, but it's nothing like Sanji vs Jabra. The Yonko fights are too early to judge.

Last edited: