General & Others Is Shanks really the strongest Yonko and character in One Piece or has he been overhyped?

Is Shanks the strongest Yonko and character in One Piece?

• Yes he is

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • No he is overhyped

Votes: 79 79.8%

• Total voters
The man is Luffy and Roger of the Middle Generation. This by Oda himself so, he is extremely powerful.

The fact that he became a Yonko 6 years ago with 1 Arm, makes Mihawk look like Garbage.

The last time he fought Mihawk was 12+years ago. Mihawk could not injure him like DFless Teach.

Not only that but Blackbeard injuring him 12 + years ago, makes Mihawk look like Garbage.

He even treats Mihawk like Garbage, but treats devil fruitless teach like a massive threat.

2 Arms Current Yonko Shanks would be Prime Roger and Prime Whitebeard level.

Seeing as 1 Arm drops him to Yonko level.
The loss of his arm didn’t affect his theoretical strength at all since oda never planned for him to lose it. So stop with this narrative.

Primebeard lvl is just the strongest top tier, doesn’t mean you’re in a another tier. Other top tiers next to you will still give you an extreme diff fight.

On topic: we don’t know, though since oda has him in a deadlock with other emperors while also having better crew quality leads me to believe that individually he may be slightly weaker than the others. But we don’t know, he could be the strongest for all I care.
Post automatically merged:

Shanks is above Meme.

Shanks was probably a Low Top Tier with 33, when he entered the Yonkou class, and after 6 years he probably has surpassed at least Meme who's entering her decline in strength.

Kaidou, by feats, portrayal and hype is the strongest current Yonkou, until Blackbeard surpasses him.

I say Shanks loses Extreme diff to Kaidou, and well, Mihawk is just something else.
Mihawk and kaido for me would be a cool battle to see, tho I think kaido wins by hype/feats but idk. Kaido would probably be severely injured/missing a limb once all things are done.

Fear, yes. Portrayal, maybe. But when it comes to hype, almost no one is above him except for Imu maybe. There is a reason why people say he is overhyped. :endthis:
I feel like kaido is the most hyped character in the series rn bar dragon/IM. Heck oda be giving him head non stop in interviews and shit. The latest being the ace novel where people outright think he was stronger than whitebeard.

Damn, you're far to nice, don't let us wankers corrupt you :catsweat:
Big mom is used to fisting, she can take whatever akainu can dish out 👀

As ever, question of perspective.

Nothing in the series has ever implied he's the strongest character. So if people are saying that- which I don't think is actually a very popular opinion at all, certainly not here at any rate- then yeah, he's overhyped.

Howerver, I would say on the whole (again, based on this site, I don't really care about what anywhere else says) he's actually started to become quite underrated. Something I never thought would happen to him, tbh. Mostly due to the strange political machinations of the various factions of fanboys.

The case of Shanks vs Mihawk is a particularly curious and self defeating one where both fanboys spemd all their time trying to make the other seem like fodder trash. Which is incredibly self-defeating considering the links between the two. It would actually make more sense to wank both to high heavens as a super rivalry like Roger and Whitebeard.
I honestly never understood why swordbois do that

Last edited:
I think the thread is toxic

so Shanks is either strongest or overhyped ....

that's stupid ...

Kaido have a claim for being strongest
Dragon have a claim for being strongest
Big Mom have a claim to be above Shanks
Mihawk have a claim to be above Shanks
Akainu have a claim to be above Shanks

Shanks is like rest of them

he have a perfectly reasonable claim to be strongest Yonko and Strongest man ....
but him having claim won't make the other people claim go away ....

any one who think Shanks can't be strongest is wrong
any one who think Shanks is strongest and have the best claim for it is wrong simply cause Kaido and Big Mom officially out claim him until he shows more feats

No one said Shanks was the strongest, except for one dude. Was it really necessary to make a thread that shits on Shanks?
1 dude?

20% of votes of THIS VERY POLL are saying people consider him as strongest ....

if you think the number of people who consider Shanks as strongest man is low , you are not living in fandom

Last edited:
Apart from Roger and Prime WB, who could able to damage a ship by using CoC Haki? And they did that with CoA Haki + CoC Haki clash, not purely because of CoC Haki.

Imagine if Shanks gets serious. :finally:

the fun part is WBP ... they KNOW they are no match ... they clear the way and stay in the safe zone

Shanks is a man of many wars as he said himself and he never lost a war

he is been part of every single legendary events in last 37 years (or maybe even 38 years)

and he is one of 2 people alive who is famous for his legendary fighting

his skills and Haki are off chart