Controversial Is there any Shounen with a better World Building than One Piece?

Lol OP is so terrible at world building. It tries to establish the world but got destroyed by inconsistency & plot convenience. I will name a few

- The emperors are portrayed as the most powerful pirate. However, one of them got wrecked by just half of strawhats
- The strongest creature who is hungry for fight and death, keep talking about killing. In the end, he cant kill anyone, and crying why he threw luffy to the sea instead of pop his brain off as he initially said
- Inconsistent power system. Haki is just branched into many random stuff
- Too many plot conveniences from MC sides.
- Toon force stupid shit.

In HxH everythings are well explained. The power system is top notched. Most importantly, character likes Hisoka, irumi, Phantom troup, Chimera ants, etc wont get watered down by stupid MC plot convenience. They are still as scary and powerful from start to finish. Unlike Oda who turned Kaido & BM into a joke & meme and turns emperor system into a clown.
Wow, so close yet, so far

:nicagesmile::lawsigh:

You have confused plot writing with world building.
Here is a text from wikipedia. It will help you understand what wb is:
"Worldbuilding is the process of constructing a world, originally an imaginary one, sometimes associated with a fictional universe. Developing an imaginary setting with coherent qualities such as a history, geography, and ecology is a key task for many science fiction or fantasy writers."
By that definition than almost every manga has great world building. Every manga I have read has a "constructed world with an imaginary setting with history, geography, etc".

Post automatically merged:

Dude... If anything Reverie would be the least world building arc because we already know everything there already exists.

All islands Oda made an adventure of Strawhats perfectly connects the setting and the plot. Skype being about angels and gods. How is that not world building? The missing piece of Jaya, the watersprout (forget that name) and the city of gold being at Skypea. That's crazy level of world building. Everything well connected. Also the whole plot of Noland.

Nami being a thief and only later we finding out why she is like that. That's world building.

Thriller Bark is another terrific example of Wirld Building. Is not random islands.

Dressrosa another example. A simple normal island that got that way because of Sugar power.
"Reverie is the least world bulding arc"? Like I said you guys don't know what world building is.

Nami being a thief is not world building because it is a backstory which literally almost every manga has. With that definition of world building than that means Naruto has better world building than One Piece as almost every central character in Naruto has backstories.

Thriller Bark is not world building because it is just a random island that the straw hats encountered. With that defintion of world building than that means Naruto has better world building than One Piece because of the chunin exams or the land of waves, etc.

Like I said, creating settings is the BARE MINIMUM you can do for world building as literally almost every manga has different settings.

Last edited:
most of them are better than one piece.

For some reason people think that whacky, generic islands = world building. It's not.
Naruto's world building is far better because we know the relationship between countries and how geography of those villages affected a small village like hidden in the rain for their wars.

Meanwhile in one piece islands are randomly spread throughout the world, once you visit them, go to any direction for any amount of time to the other island

Also, the stupid shit how nobody in the blue seas know about haki nor devil fruits. That's so cheap. Even though they literally were watching and reading newspapers where a eartqake man fought a magma man during the biggest war.
Or how visiting pirates don't just show them magic powers like haki, they just obey the law of not showing haki to east blue fuckers.
One Piece locations are far more explored than Naruto ones we don’t know shit about the lore of the world bar Kaguya and the Hashirama Masada backstory. The feudal lords are never explained, The currency is never explained, There were motor boats in the land of waves arc and the technological level jumps from place to place without explanation. We know there were wars but those wars aren’t fully explained nor explored. Just mentioning a war doesn’t make good world building.

The thing about the East blue is that there aren’t any powerful pirates there. It’s a symbol of peace for the Marines and reading a newspaper which runs fictional stories along with real ones is different from actually certainty of something’s existence

C

Cruxroux

This is one of the dumbest things you've ever said, and you've said plenty.
I have told you a lot of time already , put me on ignore if my opinion bothers you this much.

Or am I supposed to ask for a self ban and get away from this website , so that you can surf in peace?

Yea opinion on me. Not on the subject thread is about.
Given your reply you must be bothered right?
That you specifically had to go to length replying how dumb my takes are for the n'th time.
Bothered? More like baffled, cause it's a dumb take. It ain't that deep kid, I just find you to be mildly cringey. (and kinda sensitive)

Take it on the chin champ, you'll live.

C

Cruxroux

Bothered? More like baffled, cause it's a dumb take. It ain't that deep kid, I just find you to be mildly cringey.

Take it on the chin champ, you'll live.
Then simply don't care.
Have already told you multiple times to put me on ignore if my " Dumb" take bothers you or Baffles you.
Yet you have to cross the line every fuckin time , to just feel baffled about my comments and reply to it no matter what 🤷‍♂️.
" it ain't that deep " bruh , I see you nothing more than wanna be woke culturist and that's why I put you on ignore.
I ain't even bothering you , it's been month.
Tf is your problem?
Your reply wasn't even an opinion , neither it was funny or made sense anyhow. Nothing apart from an insult directed towards me.

Then simply don't care.
Have already told you multiple times to put me on ignore if my " Dumb" take bothers you or Baffles you.
Yet you have to cross the line every fuckin time , to just feel baffled about my comments and reply to it no matter what 🤷‍♂️.
" it ain't that deep " bruh , I see you nothing more than wanna be woke culturist and that's why I put you on ignore.
I ain't even bothering you , it's been month.
Tf is your problem?
Your reply wasn't even an opinion , neither it was funny or made sense anyhow. Nothing apart from an insult directed towards me.
Woke culturist?

And then you ask me why I make fun of you? 90% of what you say is dumb, and now you're crying over the tiniest push-back. I don't even know what happened a month ago or whatever.

Do you even know what an "opinion" is? My opinion was that your take was dumb because apart from a handful of examples, Isekai is one of the laziest genres out there, uninspired and over-bloated.

Just take it on the chin, stop crying.

Last edited:
C

Cruxroux

And then you ask me why I make fun of you?
Which are ain't even funny to begin with.

90% of what you say is dumb
And I have already told you to put me on ignore , if 90% of the time you feel that way.
I would rather stay away from such person instead of making fun of them lmao. "Adults"

now you're crying over the tiniest push-back
Yea thanks for ruining my morning.
Dōmo arigatōgozaimasu

Just take it on the chin, stop crying.
Just get a life already lol. And stop being bothered about people you don't even know.
:wellwell::wellwell:

Just get a life already lol. And stop being bothered about people you don't even know.
My man, after the numerous times you've complained about being lonely, you should be the last one to say such things. If you're letting what I post here ruin your morning irl, you're the one that needs to get a life.