General & Others Is this the same man who wrote Fishman Island?

That is why Otohime was a saint, Toki was a pirate
Which is why Shirahoshi is grew up to be a princess, while Hiyori grew up as a thot and a con-artist
You can just suddenly make Hiyori a saint, well you can but it will be a lot more cringier than the one we currently have, Oda did the right thing on this one

It is because they were evil in Wano the whole family.
Didn't know children were born evil.

Man, Orochi surely was born evil as fuck that he harbored vengeance and hatred for Kozuki after Wano people hunted down his family and chased him for years, treating him like shit over a sin of being born
People have the strange idea manga stories only exist to give good messages.
It's more akin to our protagonists taking such action after being portrayed as goody goody two shoes the entire time. It's like Oda is narratively writing it as "Good shit happened! Burn the Kurozumi!"

Or are you telling me that Oda wants to narratively paint Hiyori, Momo and our Wano heroes as twisted fucks who'd commit genocide? Lol

Yeah like people with different ideologies don't exist in the manga....lol...it is same as saying that Akainu and Fujitora are from different manga given both have entirely different ideologies....
Akainu is painted as the rigid, cruel marine who is willing to kill innocents for his vision of "potential of greater good", there's a reason why he's painted as antagonist.

Fujitora is painted and portrayed as the "good guy marine", who while serves justice, has a moral sense and realizes that not everything is black and white. He's not willing to let innocents die over potential agendas. Nor is he cruel like Akainu.

So, are you trying to tell me Oda wants to paint Hiyori and our Wano protags as a hypocritical fuck (given that she suffered as a child due to actions of her family and people of Wano), who is willing to cause a genocide of innocents just for vengeance and a vague idea of "Well, won't be upset over mistreatment if we just burn them"?

Because that sure as fuck doesn't sound right.

It's more akin to our protagonists taking such action after being portrayed as goody goody two shoes the entire time. It's like Oda is narratively writing it as "Good shit happened! Burn the Kurozumi!"

Or are you telling me that Oda wants to narratively paint Hiyori, Momo and our Wano heroes as twisted fucks who'd commit genocide? Lol
Who knows, maybe this will serve for later development regarding Hiyori.

She has her reasons to think that way, and we don't know if Momo supports that point of view.

Who knows, maybe this will serve for later development regarding Hiyori.

She has her reasons to think that way, and we don't know if Momo supports that point of view.
I don't think the intention is to paint our protagonists of Wano and Hiyori as hypocritical, borderline-evil individual who commits genocide over vengeance for sins of others lol.

If he does, then that's fucked up. He's giving one hell of a message. Considering these are our "victorious heroes" who defeated "evil tyrant Orochi"

Akainu is painted as the rigid, cruel marine who is willing to kill innocents for his vision of "potential of greater good", there's a reason why he's painted as antagonist.

Fujitora is painted and portrayed as the "good guy marine", who while serves justice, has a moral sense and realizes that not everything is black and white. He's not willing to let innocents die over potential agendas. Nor is he cruel like Akainu.

So, are you trying to tell me Oda wants to paint Hiyori and our Wano protags as a hypocritical fuck (given that she suffered as a child due to actions of her family and people of Wano), who is willing to cause a genocide of innocents just for vengeance and a vague idea of "Well, won't be upset over mistreatment if we just burn them"?

You know there is a reason wano is still closed...besides, Hiyori didn't say that time..it was the teacher that spreading propoganda...they didn't see any good kurozumi for them to change opinion...good people are not necessarly idealistic..it is the most realistic thought you can get from them given the circumstances...same as a feud between fisherman and humans....Nami absoluely hated fisherman until SA and FI...Fishertiger absolutely hated humans until he sailed across the sea....we don't even know what further development left for wano until it opens the borders....

Hiyori didn't suffer as a child due to the actions of her family. The Kurozumi are the ones who plotted and assassinated former Damiyos of the ruling families in a vy for the throne. It was because of that, that the people of Wano persecuted the Kurozumi family.

Then Orochi came through, succeeded where his Grandfather failed, and made up lies about the Kozuki, which in turn is what caused her to suffer as a child.

She has ever right to hate that entire bloodline, as they not only tried to wipe out her bloodline not once, but twice, and almost succeeded the second time.

And the biggest cherry on top is that she was forced into a life of prostitution, where she had to do unspeakable things, and entertain the man who was directly responsible for her father's death and the downfall of her own family, just to survive.

Last edited:
Hiyori didn't suffer as a child due to the actions of her family. The Kurozumi are the ones who plotted and assassinated former Damiyos of the ruling families in a vy for the throne. It was because of that, that the people of Wano persecuted the Kurozumi family.

Then Orochi came through, succeeded where his Grandfather failed, and made up lies about the Kozuki, which in turn is what caused her to suffer as a child.

She has ever right to hate that entire bloodline, as they not only tried to wipe out her bloodline not once, but twice, and almost succeeded the second time.
Kurozumi plotted assassination of Damiyos. So Wano people treated an innocent lad like Orochi akin to shit. Then Orochi out of vengeance decided to fuck up Oden and his family and tell lies on them despite them being innocent. Now Hiyori wants to genocide any Kurozumi she can find, and list goes on. Pun or no pun, sentiments are same.

She has about as much right to hate entire bloodline as Orochi had right to hate all the Damiyos and people of Wano.

Hell, maybe even moreso. Hiyori didn't live in poverty- despite her sorrows, she was at least fortunate enough to get a life of luxury growing up. Orochi was always on the run, hunted, and treated like shit for sins of his predecessors. Just because he's ugly doesn't make it any less fucked up.

Yeah like people with different ideologies don't exist in the manga....lol...it is same as saying that Akainu and Fujitora are from different manga given both have entirely different ideologies....
Thats not what i meant. It was a little more complex. The FI is very deep,everytime i read it or watch it i realize this. Then in Wano we have
:seriously: yeah..thats not what i meant at all. My comment had a deeper meaning than the one you got from it. Like deeper was the style with which was written FI compared to Wano,especially the flashback. Lets make an example: if you wrote the ending of Wano in the "style" of Fishman Island,you would have probably touched some aspects of the story that werent touched at all. Wano lived under a dictatorship for years,a dictatorship where a city (the capital) had all the privileges,while the other cities were destroyed and left to die of hunger. Now,after Kaido and Orochi falls,there is probably some people of the capital city nostalgic of Kaido,that dont want to lose their privileges,and some other people from the other cities that just want revenge against some people that discriminated them in the past.These are just some examples,but if we think about it,Momo and the Scabbards will have an hard job to do,because this country lived as "divided" for 20 years,and now its not easy to riunify it. But we got nothing this complex in the story,we just saw all the people celebrating,period. And thats even ok for me,because honestly,i wrote many times that i was tired of Wano,so i'm just glad Oda went straight to the point and finally ended this arc. But,like i said in my comment,altough i'm ok with it,Oda didnt tell the story of Wano with the same depth in the themes that he used in FI. Thats why it feels like a different manga.

Last edited:
People have the strange idea manga stories only exist to give good messages.
This one does.

Oda has been deconstructing Wano's culture since Punk Hazard; pretty much every bad trait of it has been challenged at some point. For him to close this arc with propaganda that embodies the opposite to the core messages of his story is weird at least. As of now, a country with Luffy's flag is spreading hate to its people; just doesn't sound right.

The very arc in which they say you shouldn't push your hatred onto the children.

The same arc in which they show what discrimination could do to a race

Now it's suddenly ok for the wano citizens to do it.
Isn't it the same discrimination that lead to Orochi and Kanjuro taking over wano

Guess when it's the good guys doing it everything's fine
:milaugh:
Honestly Otohime and Tiger were some of the best characters in the series despite their limited screentime. Really loved how their story played out

But anyway I don’t think the Kurozumi’s persecution is supposed to be seen as good. Oden was visibly disturbed when Orochi told him about his past. While the pun in 1057 was in poor taste it’s still just that: a pun. It’s not meant to be taken super literally