Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
G

Gran D. Master

You can choose to interpret it how you want but that's what we know is the end goal of the arc.
So why didn't they do it yet? What's stopping them? Because you really seem to think that "opening the borders" isn't just a symbolic aspect, but it's literally a physical task they'll have to perform at some point

:hihihi:

What is it? Tell me. What is this entire arc worth if they don't beat Kaido? What will they accomplish?
The point of the arc is why the characters want to beat Kaido and Orochi. That's the heart of it, and it's why Kid and Law aren't as important as people are saying.

Why is Luffy fighting Kaido? Because Luffy's been fighting him since he punched Caesar in the face. Kaido's left a trail of human misery that we've been seeing for years now. Children experimented on, tontattas enslaved, an attempted holocaust on Zou, destroying Momo's family, starving and polluting the people of Wano. That's why Luffy's going to beat Kaido, because Oda's built some actual narrative weight towards it. And we've had Orochi's crimes laid out in a similar fashion with Zoro, who travelled through Wano, saw the Leftover towns, befriended Yasu, Hiyori and the people of Wano.

Kid? Kid got beat up by him offscreen and then had his mate force-fed a SMILE. Wow. Some story there. Real invested in that grudge match. Very important to the arc, that is. Him punching Kaido will be really cathartic after all the effort Oda's put in to showing that relationship.

J

Jo_Ndule

You seem under the impression I'm saying Zoro is more important in Wano, and it's more his arc, because he's fighting Kaido.

Let's be clear, that is the furthest thing from what I'm saying.

Zoro, even if he never even sees Kaido, is more important to the arc than Kid and Law. There is far more to the story than being Luffy's backup in a fight.

It just so happens that, given Zoro's carrying around Oden's sword and used to carry around Ryuma sword, yes, there's reason to think that like them he's going to have a fight with a dragon on Wano.

Comparing Wano to Dressrosa is pointless. There, the situations were reversed. Law clearly had more build up with Doflamingo than Zoro did. Zoro was a comparatively bit part player in that arc, he got his usual fight with the strongest subordinate, and he got some setup for the future by hanging around with the Red Scabbards (another big Wano alert) and Fujitora. Whereas Law was at the heart of the fight with Doflamingo- his history with him was the catalyst for the arc.

Since then, though, Law's importance has waned. He's here because the story needs him still to be kicking around, but the heart of his plot was the conflict with Doflamingo, and that's done now.

Kid's importance in on the rise, but his grudge with Kaido is seriously lacking. He's angry with him cause... Kaido beat him up and gave Killer a SMILE. That's it. He's a side player to the main conflict of Luffy, Zoro and the Scabbards vs Kaido and Orochi. We expect him to have a decent enough role in the finale because he hasn't actually done anything yet, but that's about it for him. I'd actually argue that we should be expecting more from Kid if we ever get to see him in an arc with Shanks, because there's more narrative set up for that to be important to Kid. It was the Red Hairs that cut off his arm, it was Shanks he was aiming to defeat. Plus they're from the same sea. There's an actual story there that's very lacking with Kid's involvement in the Wano arc.
His grudge against Kaido isnt missing
You are forgetting that Killer is his best buddy, their bond is way deeper.
Kaido ruined his buddy life and also Kidd dream of taking down Shanks by having Apoo as traitor.

It's a matter of pride for luffy and Kidd, it's not just about Wano borders only, they didnt just lose to Kaido, they got completely trashed and trash talked, they feel the need to payback.

I expect kidd taking part in Shanks downdall later on.
But Kidd has the more reasons to take down Kaido than even Law has.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
False equivalence
Lol no. Dont just use try use big words for no reason.

Countless people have aimed for revenge and none have done anything.

Kidd has minimal build up with kaido in fact about as much as he has with orochi who pissed him off feeding killer a smile. You know killer his childhood friend and partner.
Thats a major reason to go for orochi.

Every one and their dog wants kaido even kinemon says this chapter hes gonna cut kaidos head off.

Since we're already balls-deep into Wano, here's something I want to address just before we hit the climax of this arc. Has Oda ever actually promised that Wano will be Zoro's arc? The sole arguments used by the fans are that Zoro is a swordsman and Wano is a country of swordsmen, plus the fact that Zoro has previously showed interest in Wano on multiple occasions, which again does not serve as any sort of evidence for Wano being his arc; it's nothing more than personal speculation. Oda never promised us anything. Whatever happens with Zoro, you can only be disappointed with your own headcanon.
Zoro has the 2nd most panel time in Wano bro. It is a zoro arc. Luffy always has the most

Lemme remind you Capone and crew did as much as strawhats
Capone himself had similar feats vs Oven as Sanji did.
Chiffon was with Sanji to make the cake
Big Father tanked more than Queen vs sane BM.

just coz Morgans Morgans Capone, doesnt mean Capone and crew didnt contribute much in baking the ake or Tea Party.

Kidd :
CoC
Supernova underling
Main Villain of WG, (the supernova Oda always had as Most important.)
Had fleets which got destroyed by Kaido fall and had a base too.
Survivor Yonko & army with no allies

He and luffy have been talking about who takes Kaido down.

The Main big boss is Kaido,
Beating Orochi wont do a thing as long as Kaido is standing

show me luffy thinking less of Kidd as Teach did with luffy? You have none.

Wano : Supernova trio alliance vs Rocks
Kidd and Luffy with law will take down Kaido (Navy or BM will weaken kaido)
WCI : Supernovas (Capone & Luffy) + Germa alliance surviving BMP. Luffy surpassing Kata
DR & PH : Supernova Duo (Law & Luffy) alliance vs Doffy family, luffy taking down Doffy (law weakened doffy, took down Vergo & Trebol)

Zoro was secondary behind Law and Luffy in PH DR and he is behind SN trio at Wano
, He didn't fight or beat Vergo/Ceasar/doffy who were Law/Luffy opponents, Neither will He beat or do a thing vs Kaido.
Sanji/Jinbei didnt help Luffy vs Kata finale , zoro didnt help luffy taking down Doffy.

where did Luffy ever won with strawhats help vs Main Opponent/finale ? Can't remember.
(The only times was Vs Cracker/Oars who weren't luffy Finale/main fight of the arc.)
Luffy doesn't think nothing of Kid you still don't get it.

Kid the Supernova Oda had as most important?

You reading two piece again .

The most important SNs are Luffy and Zoro in this story.
Are following Kid story?

:yasu:

Fleets ? You have a panel of them or at least someone mentioning them .
I don't recall seeing them when Kaido fall .

Didn't his ship intact lol

Survivor Yonko?
:pepeke:

Like Momo or Tama?

No allies well that's clear indication that his CoC is weak unlike other CoC users who effectively did alliances and friends.

" He and luffy have talked on who takes Kaido down"

Like Vivi or Rebbeca discussing with Luffy who beats Croco or Doffy
:myman:

Last edited:

HA001

His grudge against Kaido isnt missing
You are forgetting that Killer is his best buddy, their bond is at deeper.
Kaido ruined his buddy life and also Kidd dream of taking down Shanks by having Apoo as traitor.

It's a matter of pride for luffy and Kidd, it's not just about Wano borders only, they didnt just lose to Kaido, they got completely trashed and trash talked, they feel the need to payback.

I expect kidd taking part in Shanks downdall later on.
But Kidd has the more reasons to take down Kaido than even Law has.
Orochi gave killer the smile

Lol no. Dont just use try use big words for no reason.

Countless people have aimed for revenge and none have done anything.

Kidd has minimal build up with kaido in fact about as much as he has with orochi who pissed him off feeding killer a smile. You know killer his childhood friend and partner.
Thats a major reason to go for orochi.

Every one and their dog wants kaido even kinemon says this chapter hes gonna cut kaidos head off.
Do you even know what a false equivalence is? Not a big word its a fallacy.

Both those characters have totally different roles. Its a false equivalence.

So why didn't they do it yet? What's stopping them? Because you really seem to think that "opening the borders" isn't just a symbolic aspect, but it's literally a physical task they'll have to perform at some point

:hihihi:
I can choose to explain this but this argument ended already remember

You literally said relevance is measured on how much HP on Kaido's health bar will be removed per attack. Then I told you good luck.

I fully believe you actually don't care about any meaning in this arc outside this and I'm fine with that.

I'm not gonna argue with you for the sake. It's all fine

G

Gran D. Master

I can choose to explain this but this argument ended already remember

You literally said relevance is measured on how much HP on Kaido's health bar will be removed per attack. Then I told you good luck.

I fully believe you actually don't care about any meaning in this arc outside this and I'm fine with that.

I'm not gonna argue with you for the sake. It's all fine
Luffy isn't strong enough to open the borders yet. His fight with Kaido is only there for him to power-up so he will finally be strong enough to push push those damn borders open

:smithnie:

J

Jo_Ndule

Luffy doesn't think nothing of Kid you still don't get it.

Kid the Supernova Oda had as most important?

You reading two piece again .

The most important ones are Luffy and Zoro in this story.

Fleets ? You have a panel of them or at least someone mentioning them .
I don't recall seeing them when Kaido fall .

Didn't his ship intact lol

Survivor Yonko?
:pepeke:

Like Momo or Tama?

No allies well that's clear indication that his CoC is weak u like other CoC users who effectively did alliances .
Oda thought Kidd will be the onlh important one when making Supernova...never thought law will become one too.

So since luffy never viewed Kidd below him as Teach did with luffy
So your argument is flawed .

:gokulaugh: Roger didnt have allies yet survived and had Yonko level CoC,
he teamed up with Garp at last minute at God valley
But go on and downplay Kidd for not having allies or not trusting them.

Once again, your arguments aren't working

Zoro will remain behind Law Kidd luffy as he was in PH/DR, his portrayal and feats will be below the top 3 SN

Show me luffy beating the main opponent with Strawhat help? None

HA001

It's not "Kidd's Revenge", it's what Oda said and portrayed multiple times. Oda never portrayed Rebecca as somebody who will do something against Doflamingo.

And, as i said, your explanation was based on a wrong argument.
And how is kidd gonna hurt kaido ?

Hes failed once already.
Even g4 level hits do nothing to kaidos scales
So what has oda shown to hurt kaido

Luffy got hyou to train him a specific way.
Oda aint a hack of a writer to have kidd magically have it too.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
And how is kidd gonna hurt kaido ?

Hes failed once already.
Even g4 level hits do nothing to kaidos scales
So what has oda shown to hurt kaido

Luffy got hyou to train him a specific way.
Oda aint a hack of a writer to have kidd magically have it too.
It's too bad Enma isn't a magic sword that can hurt Kaido. That would mean Kid could use the metal Enma is made of to hurt Kaido. But alas, Haki is the answer.