Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
To be fair it's kind of hard to judge when the arc is only half over, but I'm going to say the sum total of Wano isn't going to be focused on Zoro. I can understand people making that connection because of the samurai theme. With Cake Island, Sanji was the emotional core for about half it. The only reason Luffy went there was to save Sanji. Of course Oda shifted the focus midway through that arc, but it's still understandable if people think of Sanji when Cake Island is brought up.

Wano is about the Kozuki clan and Kaido's tyranny primarily, and I don't think that focus will shift in the second half. Sure Zoro will get great moments no doubt, but Wano is not centered on him. Personally, what I hope for is Zoro gets a backstory tie-in with the arc. That would much be great, but Oda's got the arc packed with stuff; so I'm not holding my breath.

Luffy was with the group as they entered the town. What just because Luffy wasnt directly on the cart it doesnt count? Law was also on the cart so he gets credit too I guess?

:holdthisl:
You dont remember what was happening do you?

Law was fighting hawkins and luffy was fighting Holdem. Speed arrived with her men and the Food cart then Zoro speed blitzed all of them and took the cart, then Kiku jumped on, then Law jumped on.

Thats how the events of the scene played out

You dont remember what was happening do you?

Law was fighting hawkins and luffy was fighting Holdem. Speed arrived with her men and the Food cart then Zoro speed blitzed all of them and took the cart, then Kiku jumped on, then Law jumped on.

Thats how the events of the scene played out

"This is MY repayment for the food they gave me" -Luffy

Lol stop, this was Luffy... which is why they thanks him and not Zoro or Law.

The name of the chapter is literally "Luffytaro repays the favour"

Because we know Luffy likes to take credit for things he didnt do. :suresure:
Expect he's directly giving them the provisions and getting thanked plus the chapter is named after the act of kindness. Luffy gave out the order for Zoro to act lol

Chapter isn't "Zoro bring provisions", it's "Luffy returns the favour"

Lol, anyone who sets their favorite character to be 'their' arc, are only setting themselves up for disappointment. Unlike fanboys, Oda isn't obliged to give x amount of spotlight to a straw hat. He does as he see how the story fits. The only person who we can expect to have spotlight for every arc is Luffy, cause he is the main character. In Wano right now, we already have the Supernovas, with people like Kidd and Law. So that only means less screen time for the other straw hats, including sanji and zoro.

A lot of people took the 'Year of Sanji' bait back in WCI, promising he'd 1v1 Katakuri. Yet, we didn't get much more than a flashback and a cake baking. I'd probably expect more or less the same for zoro. Probably even less for Zoro since I still don't think Oda's gonna have Wano to be 'Zoro's arc.' Yes Wano is the country of samurai and swordsman, but its also much than that. The only things I expect from zoro are a good fight, and MAYBE, zoro recreating the feats of Ryruma by using his new sword Enma to be able to scar and cut Kaido, just like how Oden did. That would be a pretty big feat for Zoro alone, to be able to scar a yonko, and Kaido the beast no less.

As for 1v1 fights, of course I want zoro to get a good fight and opponent, cause out of the Monster Trio, Zoro still hasn't really gone all out yet. The fights he had in the new world up till now have all been either skirmishes or one shots and low diffs. Because of that we still haven't seen zoro's true strength post time skip. As for his opponents, previously Kiroshiro was my choice, but now he's an ally so that's too bad. My next choice would be King since he also wields a katana. However, given how few strong fighters we have seen from Kaido's crew so far, the 3 calamities might be reserved for other more important characters like Luffy and the other supernovas for example, that's IF Oda doesn't have all 3 of them team up on kaido.

We really need to see more prominent members of kaido's crew before we can come up with better matchups. Cause right now other than the 3 calamities, the rest of kaido's crew don't offer much for 1v1 ones, so much of the crew is filled with fodder and mooks. Headliners like and Hawkins is also no longer an option, since he joined kaido with no choice, its almost certain he will switch sides to the alliance. Drake is an undercover marine. That just leaves us with the likes of Apoo and Page One etc. We really need to see more veteran and high tier fighters from Kaido's crew ( the 'Numbers' maybe?), and hopefully soon too.

There is also the option that maybe zoro can 1v1 Smoothie, now that Big Mon and Kaido are in an alliance. The Big Mom pirates who aren't already defeated (Katakuri, Cracker, Snack etc.) are still up for grabs and available for fights. I'd also like to see more of Daifuku and his genie too. But it's still early to tell if it will happen.
Except Zoro is getting highlighted in his Arc.
Luffy

Zoro

Kikunojo

O-Tama

Sanji

Hyogoro

Hiyori

Nami

Law

Kin'emon

Robin

Linlin

Hawkins

Kaidou

Queen

O-Toko

Orochi

Chopper

Usopp

Yasuie

Franky

Komachiyo

Momonosuke

Shinobu

Ashura Douji

Napoleon

Raizo

Brook

Killer

Urashima

Kawamatsu

Babanuki

Kidd

Gyukimaru

Holdem

Except Zoro is getting highlighted in his Arc.
Luffy

Zoro

Kikunojo

O-Tama

Sanji

Hyogoro

Hiyori

Nami

Law

Kin'emon

Robin

Linlin

Hawkins

Kaidou

Queen

O-Toko

Orochi

Chopper

Usopp

Yasuie

Franky

Komachiyo

Momonosuke

Shinobu

Ashura Douji

Napoleon

Raizo

Brook

Killer

Urashima

Kawamatsu

Babanuki

Kidd

Gyukimaru

Holdem
What are those numbers?

not really. sanji arc was wci to develop his character and highlight his past/family background.
doesnt seem like oda intends to go that route with zoro.
number of panels doesnt necessarily translate to it being your arc. luffy had more than sanji in wci. zoro has had more in wano once luffy got imprisoned which makes a lot of sense. he is the strawhat that receives focus right after the captain and that hasnt changed. The exception being wci where he wasnt present. doesnt make it his arc.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Expect he's directly giving them the provisions and getting thanked plus the chapter is named after the act of kindness. Luffy gave out the order for Zoro to act lol

Chapter isn't "Zoro bring provisions", it's "Luffy returns the favour"

Giving out provisions after Zoro brought it into the town lol but you are right, it is on Luffy's order which is why the town was destroyed moments later by Kaido.
You should rename into the "L store" you have too many L's in stock. :myman:

Giving out provisions after Zoro brought it into the town lol but you are right, it is on Luffy's order which is why the town was destroyed moments later by Kaido.
You should rename into the "L store" you have too many L's in stock. :myman:
Only L's I have are the ones I'm giving out...

So like I said, Zoro has done far less than Luffy despite being their far longer than Luffy...

Panel time for Wano til chapter 952. Even after that chapter tho its just Luffy and Zoto montage of training and getting Enma. So Zoro got plenty of attention
Oh, but why is that significant? I'm just trying to understand. Not trying to argue.

I mean Luffy is the MC of course he's getting more panel time. Zoro and the other SH's are secondary characters so it only makes sense they get far less panel time.

Oh, but why is that significant? I'm just trying to understand. Not trying to argue.

I mean Luffy is the MC of course he's getting more panel time. Zoro and the other SH's are secondary characters so it only makes sense they get far less panel time.
I am saying that Zoro is getting attention because this is his arc. Yea Luffy always gets the most thats not new. Even in Sanji year. Sanji was just second

I think Zoro ranks consistently behind Luffy in popularity polls so editors and Oda gotta push Zoro to push more in the sales department. I bet other Arcs that have both Luffy and Zoro are like that with Zoro being the second most used characters.

Badass character sale more manga lol