Speculations Is Yamato a DF user or shapeshifting dragon/oni?

Is Yamato and by extension Kaido a DF or a non DF user

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I could see her having a DF, I would vouch for a pure dragon/oni shapeshifting breed and naturally Kaido would follow with that assumption. Three reasons why I think this to be the case-
  • This would open up possibilities of us getting whatever was going on with Vegapunk's experimentation with dragons, research on ancient giants of which Kaido and Yamato look miniature versions. Momo's artificial devil fruit being a part of Kaido's lineage factor etc.
  • Kaido being called the strongest creature in land, sea and air
  • The fact that Yamato had the same handcuffs for 20 years which Luffy broke without even slightly getting weakened means that they weren't made of seastone. Seastone originates in Wano and if Kaido had to restrain a DF user he would obviously use sea prism cuffs.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
The sea stone stuff could be explained by Luffy‘s training on Udon giving him some resistance to it.

I don’t really know where Oda’s going to go with this. There’s clearly a lot of groundwork there for some sort of failed ancient giant experimentation, and when you tie that in to Wano’s history with dragons and Oda not yet confirming what exactly Kaido’s DF is...

If Kaido is a dragon by birth, given an Oni DF, experimented on by the government then has a child in human form, well, it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if that child was a bit messed up genetically. I’m not sure Oda would go that route though.

Hell, we don’t even know for sure that Yamato is Kaido’s birth daughter, that could be another twist to the tale.

The fact that Yamato had the same handcuffs for 20 years which Luffy broke without even slightly getting weakened means that they weren't made of seastone. Seastone originates in Wano and if Kaido had to restrain a DF user he would obviously use sea prism cuffs.
This isn't a valid point, Kaido didn't want to restrain a devil fruit user but prevent Yamato from leaving Wano. It's like saying that Queen should have used seastone collars on Luffy even though he didn't intend to weaken him but simply kill him if he left a certain area.
Post automatically merged:

Why are people thinking she is transforming or something
She's growing fangs while preparing to fight Sasaki.

This isn't a valid point, Kaido didn't want to restrain a devil fruit user but prevent Yamato from leaving Wano. It's like saying that Queen should have used seastone collars on Luffy even though he didn't intend to weaken him but simply kill him if he left a certain area.
Post automatically merged:

She's growing fangs while preparing to fight Sasaki.
Fine, he's not specifically restraining her for being a DF user. But you're still risking her to break the cuffs and even potentially tank the explosion in a case where she has a DF and no sea prism cuffs, which doesn't really make sense.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Oda left it rather ambiguous, but I’m leaning on they being a shapeshifting dragon. Sasaki looked spook when Yamato appeared to start transforming. Why would he be on an island full of zoans? Even if he thought they didn’t have a fruit, it’s second nature to have one here.

It could be related to none of the Beast Pirates having seen Momo’s Dragon form. They might think Kaido has the one and only dragon mythical zoan, and they would start wondering why there are two of the same devil fruit if Momo transformed.

That could reasonably spook Sasaki, if he noticed Yamato changing into a similar creature as Kaido.

While I could see her having a DF, I would vouch for a pure dragon/oni shapeshifting breed and naturally Kaido would follow with that assumption. Three reasons why I think this to be the case-
  • This would open up possibilities of us getting whatever was going on with Vegapunk's experimentation with dragons, research on ancient giants of which Kaido and Yamato look miniature versions. Momo's artificial devil fruit being a part of Kaido's lineage factor etc.
  • Kaido being called the strongest creature in land, sea and air
  • The fact that Yamato had the same handcuffs for 20 years which Luffy broke without even slightly getting weakened means that they weren't made of seastone. Seastone originates in Wano and if Kaido had to restrain a DF user he would obviously use sea prism cuffs.
Considering Sasaki seemed surprised at her transforming, its possible none of them know she has a devil fruit power

There is no way to know.

We have yet to have a concrete grasp on her origins so we can't assert something so far out from reach. Also most important, we don't know if Kaido did too.

If she is likely an Oni then she might have eaten a devil fruit indeed, I don't see many other options.