Character Discussion Is Yamato a male or female?

Is Yamato a male or female?

• Total voters
Those are anomalies and imperfections like extra toes and fingers. It does not mean that there's sex identifications for every difference. Sex biology is as basic as the birds and the bees and has existed since the dawn of humans.

Transvestite studies was researched in the 1800s, early 1900s. Transgender field is fairly new, created in the 1960s by social scientists, and the definitions keep changing.
Someone with male chromosomes and a ding dong who can reproduce.

And don't come up again with ''there are millions who are not XX or XY'' - they are the minority and not the average or ''norm'' if you wanna call it like that.
There are exceptions to everything.
There are alot of anomalies, but that doesn't mean every single difference changes sex or gender.

You can be a woman with high testosterone, that doesn't mean you are a man.
Look, as a scientist myself I have to stop you here.

You're vastly overstating the overall importance of the topic.

About 0,2% of the overall population don't fit into the very basic biological male-female classification (which we call intersexual people).

99,8% of the overall population can be biologically identified simply by looking under their pants (phrasing it drastically).

Even if you look at the percentage that defines itself as "man" or "woman", while being the opposite biologically (trans-people), we're still at a rate below 1% that doesn't fit the standard biological factors to their preferred gender.

So "basic biology", which you somehow seem to dislike, perfectly describes more than 99% of all cases, which is actually a sensational number for us scientists.
I'm addressing the three of you at the same time because you all went for a probability argument that I find to be pointless. It's irrelevant whether something is a minority and doesn't represent the norm —it still exists and therefore we must take it into account in order to paint a full picture of an issue. If we do the contrary and rule out the cases which won't fit the male-female dichotomy and/or show sex-gender incongruity, then we will be staying at a surface understanding of this issue, which is utterly antiscientific.

Trans population hardly reaches the 0,5%, if I recall correctly. It's minoritarian by definition, but it doesn't mean their condition is less legitimate, less real, less important; which is why it's still researched by a wide range of fields from neuroanatomy to endocrinology, not just social sciences as one of you insists on stating. Anything other than fully understanding why these people exist and what defines gender and sex beyond what's "under their pants" is indeed basic biology, which I repeat, is bullshit because no scientific field is basic but filled with nuances, exceptions, rarities... that aren't less meaningful than the norm just because they are less.

So, to put it simple, I'm not overstating the importance of anything. I'm stating the fact that people beyond XX and XY exist; the fact that other factors apart from what's under your pants must be and are in fact being studied in order to understand sex and gender; the fact that people exist who experience an incongruity between their sex and gender which is defining their lives in a very obstaculizing way yet can't simply choose not to be like that. And I couldn't care less whether it's 50% or 0,5% of the population because reality isn't about porcentages but phenomena.

And as long as one piece of phenomena contradicts what was previously established about a construct, then science must address it to redefine such construct. Just like we won't defend that swans are white birds just because black swans are a negligible oddity.

Last edited:
Biologically female but identifies as a male and raised as a man. Doesn’t matter at the end of the day. I just want her to join the crew because she is strong and quirky.
She identfies herself as Oden which casually happened to be a man. It doesn't matter, she wants to be like another person because of his actions and thoughts (Oden's), she doesn't want to be a man, just Oden.

B

Ballel

for example, why do you make a distinction between "biology" and "mental thing"? Why do you assume that being "a woman/man at heart" doesn't have a biological correlate? How do you address the fact that our body is plastic and therefore can be altered by our environment?
People like him are the same guys who claim that mental health does not exist and that mental illness is the persons own "fault". More often than not, people with this mindset have repressed mental issues themselves and think they can simply make them go away by refusing to acknowledge the issues are there in the first place.
Exactly! I mean, just imagine it: "Yeah, I truly want to belong to a collective with some of the highest suicide rates, twice the chance of being unemployed, four times more likely of suffering violence, and so on". Freaking absurd.

The "it's just a choice" argument is common when discussing these issues because it frees people from taking action and reduces the moral discomfort they experience. "They just chose it, it's up to them to solve it, therefore has nothing to do with me and I don't have to get involved". It's the exact same attribution bias that helps people to deal with cognitive dissonance regarding drug addiction, homelessness and pretty much any "uncomfortable" social issue.

In other words: when you believe it's their choice it's easy for you to look away.
There is a choice that LGBT people can make to avoid all these: they can put on an act, lie to themselves about who they are and deny their very being.
This is what those "anti-gay therapies" are aiming at.
A gay/lesbian/transgender person who outwardly puts on the act of being a straight/cis individual may seem "cured" or "normal" to unperceptive people, who then believe their "cure" or "talking sense into them" worked.
This is a very common misconception especially but not exclusively among older people in western countries.

She knows she is a girl, when she met Ace, she just wanted to live as Oden, yet not be a boy.

So she bathing with the boys, is because she wants to see them naked.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
She knows she is a girl, when she met Ace, she just wanted to live as Oden, yet not be a boy.

So she bathing with the boys, is because she wants to see them naked.
She horny af after living in isolated island for 28 years
She had heart shape eyes when talking about Momo's body she thirsty af