Joker (2019)

Great movie but not the best of the year imo

One of the best performances tho that's 4sure.

But my criticism of the movie is more so with cinematography (which wasn't bad) and plot (twist with the girl was really bad, the whole movement behind jJoker seemed so out of place)

And morally it depicts a psychopath murderer as someone we should treat instead of straight up send them to a desert island

H

Homelander

Great movie but not the best of the year imo

One of the best performances tho that's 4sure.

But my criticism of the movie is more so with cinematography (which wasn't bad) and plot (twist with the girl was really bad, the whole movement behind jJoker seemed so out of place)

And morally it depicts a psychopath murderer as someone we should treat instead of straight up send them to a desert island
Would give it to 1917 . Sam Mendes was brilliant .

Few of my other fav

Parasite - Could win 2 categories screenplay and best foreign category.

Irishmen

Lighthouse - Pattison was amazin.

Would give it to 1917 . Sam Mendes was brilliant .

Few of my other fav

Parasite - Could win 2 categories screenplay and best foreign category.

Irishmen

Lighthouse - Pattison was amazin.
I didn't see neither parasite nor 1917, but Irishman and Parasite are certainly top5

I also liked Ford VS Ferrari and QT movie

S

stealthblack

I think irishman or 1917 will win Best picture. But would be happy If joker takes Best actor and 2-3 of the smaller ones Like Best Score. Lol at Marvel movies only getting special effects.

This movie is hella overrated. Im sorry but I only found the last quater entertaining.

This film is about the Joker....yet he was only the Joker for like 10 mins. It was pure clickbait....or watchbait I guess.

People saying its a new take and what not. Yall are acting like we havent seen tons of psychological thrillers where the MC goes insane. This isnt something groundbreaking and amazing.

However, like I said Pheonix's acting was really good. The story was still very boring. Watchable...but didnt have me nowhere near the edge of my seat. I was just waiting for him to become the Joker the entire movie and was ultimately disappointed.

I also think Ledger was the better Joker. Probably because he got to be him the entire time. He was still more entertaining and more cunning.

I also feel like he shouldve killed Thomas Wayne. I dont like how some random fodder took him out. The whole point of the plot is that society, especially the one created by Thomas Wayne, are the villain. Thus killing him on national television wouldve been more exciting and poetic. Not Murray's irrelvant ass. It wouldve given the people more excuse to have hope

I guess they are staying true to the Batman story. But then again Joe Chill wasnt wearing a clown mask when he murdered the Waynes.

Overall 7/10. Overhyped. Too much set up not enough execution. Be prepared for dissapointment.

This movie is hella overrated. Im sorry but I only found the last quater entertaining.

This film is about the Joker....yet he was only the Joker for like 10 mins. It was pure clickbait....or watchbait I guess.

People saying its a new take and what not. Yall are acting like we havent seen tons of psychological thrillers where the MC goes insane. This isnt something groundbreaking and amazing.

However, like I said Pheonix's acting was really good. The story was still very boring. Watchable...but didnt have me nowhere near the edge of my seat. I was just waiting for him to become the Joker the entire movie and was ultimately disappointed.

I also think Ledger was the better Joker. Probably because he got to be him the entire time. He was still more entertaining and more cunning.

I also feel like he shouldve killed Thomas Wayne. I dont like how some random fodder took him out. The whole point of the plot is that society, especially the one created by Thomas Wayne, are the villain. Thus killing him on national television wouldve been more exciting and poetic. Not Murray's irrelvant ass. It wouldve given the people more excuse to have hope

I guess they are staying true to the Batman story. But then again Joe Chill wasnt wearing a clown mask when he murdered the Waynes.

Overall 7/10. Overhyped. Too much set up not enough execution. Be prepared for dissapointment.
People have a hard time differentiating the different aspects of a movie, the scale only works onedimensionally.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I also think Ledger was the better Joker.
This is your problem. You are comparing them at different stages in life. Both were amazing but cannot be compared.
You went to see the movie with the wrong expectations. The movie is about Arthur Fleck and it was great, imo.

This is your problem. You are comparing them at different stages in life. Both were amazing but cannot be compared.
You went to see the movie with the wrong expectations. The movie is about Arthur Fleck and it was great, imo.
Like I said, I understand Pheonix didnt get enough screentime as the Joker. And I still enjoyed his performance. And his performance as the Joker isnt what soiled the movie for me. It is the lack of screentime as Joker. Not enough. It is Watchbait. It shouldve been called Arthur Fleck so I dont waste my money on it. I expected Joker and I didnt get my moneys worth.
Post automatically merged:

People have a hard time differentiating the different aspects of a movie, the scale only works onedimensionally.
Erm...what are you getting at ? Is this a dig towards me ?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Like I said, I understand Pheonix didnt get enough screentime as the Joker. And I still enjoyed his performance. And his performance as the Joker isnt what soiled the movie for me. It is the lack of screentime as Joker. Not enough. It is Watchbait. It shouldve been called Arthur Fleck so I dont waste my money on it. I expected Joker and I didnt get my moneys worth.
Should have watched the trailer first, could have anticipated that it is not what you expected from the movie.

Post automatically merged:

Erm...what are you getting at ? Is this a dig towards me ?
What do you think?