Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 149 Spoilers Thread Discussion

I want to talk about this here, because Twitter is an absolute shitshow right now. People are flaming Gege for killing Mai because she lacked "development" as a character blah blah. I feel like people are misusing this word. Mai is pretty well developed imo. We knew more about her (her strengths, weaknesses, histories, relationships, we knew why she was the way she is) than most other characters in the series. Just because she didn't have a "likable" personality doesn't mean that she was completely devoid of character.

The thing people are upset about seems to be that she didn't progress as a character, which I completely understand. But I also feel like the stuff people wanted from Mai was never really gonna happen anyway. Like anyone who expected Mai to become some super badass who can take on high grade curses was gonna be disappointed. Anyone with any writing comprehension should have really known that this was gonna be the fate of Mai.

Again I'm gonna wait for the full chapter, because some people are just insane. Like imagine if a OP spoiler said that Kinemon or Momo just died. Just reading that line wouldn't be enough you need to actually see it.

People overrate Toji wayyy too much imo so this isn’t that surprising
Post automatically merged:

I'm mainly worried about how this is going to be going forward. Cause if she's actually got Toji strength, then there's very few people that will actually be able to stand up to her (unless they have truly broken Curse Techniques). I don't know how I feel about that, but again I need context.
Toji would lose to Mahito or Jogo. If Megumi hadn’t disrupted Dagon’s domain expansion and his guaranteed hit, Toji would have been fucked since he’s literally confirmed to be about Naobito level w/o his tools. So there’s plenty of people who can beat Maki.

I want to talk about this here, because Twitter is an absolute shitshow right now. People are flaming Gege for killing Mai because she lacked "development" as a character blah blah. I feel like people are misusing this word. Mai is pretty well developed imo. We knew more about her (her strengths, weaknesses, histories, relationships, we knew why she was the way she is) than most other characters in the series. Just because she didn't have a "likable" personality doesn't mean that she was completely devoid of character.

The thing people are upset about seems to be that she didn't progress as a character, which I completely understand. But I also feel like the stuff people wanted from Mai was never really gonna happen anyway. Like anyone who expected Mai to become some super badass who can take on high grade curses was gonna be disappointed. Anyone with any writing comprehension should have really known that this was gonna be the fate of Mai.

Again I'm gonna wait for the full chapter, because some people are just insane. Like imagine if a OP spoiler said that Kinemon or Momo just died. Just reading that line wouldn't be enough you need to actually see it.
JJK's character writing has never been THAT good to be fair. I read it for the cool fights and abilities, if you're reading it for the character writing that's kind of dumb.

Last edited:
Gege kind of speedrunning with his side characters (and with their deaths), with little time to let the story breathe. But that’s not anything new. I just wished we actually got to see some development in the twins relationship before killing her off but oh well.

Mai’s life was pretty tragic: treated like shit by her family, forced to be a sorcerer when she didn’t want to, and then killed over a power struggle that really had nothing to do with her.

Lol, the mangaka and actual characters wank Toji more than the fanbase
go back and read the author's statement
and stop quoting every single person with your dumb takes.
The author literally said in a data book that Toji without his tools is equal to Naobito. And I'm being generous with the w/o tools interpretation.

Literally all of Toji's best feats are deflationary.
-> Killed Gojo
If Gojo had had red, purple, RCT, unconscious infinity, and domain expansion this would have been impressive.
In fact, the moment he learned RCT he two-shot Toji.

-> Defeated Dagon
Megumi literally disrupted his domain expansion, so his guaranteed hit wasn't working. Remember, before Dagon used his guaranteed hit, NAOBITO WAS FUCKING HIM UP.

Now let's look at Toji's more realistic feats/statements:
-> Couldn't KO Megumi with multiple clean hits (LMAOOOOOO)
-> Is LITERALLY stated to be equal to Naobito without his tools by Gege
-> Maki gets to his level easily

The author literally said in a data book that Toji without his tools is equal to Naobito. And I'm being generous with the w/o tools interpretation.

-> Killed Gojo
If Gojo had had red, purple, RCT, unconscious infinity, and domain expansion this would have been impressive.

-> Defeated Dagon
Megumi literally disrupted his domain expansion, so his guaranteed hit wasn't working. Remember, before Dagon used his guaranteed hit, NAOBITO WAS FUCKING HIM UP.

Now let's look at Toji's more realistic feats/statements:
-> Couldn't KO Megumi with multiple clean hits (LMAOOOOOO)
-> Is LITERALLY stated to be equal to Naobito without his tools by Gege
A perfected maki
deal with that .

@AdmiralKinyagi You know, all I said was that the mangaka and characters wank Toji to shit (which is FACTUAL).... I never made any reference to his feats against Gojo/Dagon/Megumi but pop off Queen :milaugh:

But seeing as I just finished finals, I guess I have the time to humor some of your horrendous takes.

-> Killed Gojo
Wtf kind of logic is this? Pre RCT Gojo was a special grade sorcerer already near the pinnacle of the jujutsu world, and yet killing him wasn't impressive? Because he wasn't at his peak yet? So the bare minimum for a feat to be impressive in your eyes is something on the level of killing peak Gojo? Are you trolling? Also you said "all of Toji's best feats", yet I don't see him washing Suguru Geto, another special grade at the pinnacle of jujutsu, as a listed feat.:choppawhat:

Oh, so you already have seen the scans? Shit homie, hurry up and drop them in the thread already. I guess the part in the summary where it says that her sister had to sacrifice her life to create a special weapon for her wasn't accurate...

Toji is the only character who's beaten special grade sorcerers multiple times on panel. Even after his death, Gege finds a way to continue to wank him through narration and character statements. Not sure who you're trying to convince that he's not that impressive lol.

@AdmiralKinyagi You know, all I said was that the mangaka and characters wank Toji to shit (which is FACTUAL).... I never made any reference to his feats against Gojo/Dagon/Megumi but pop off Queen :milaugh:

But seeing as I just finished finals, I guess I have the time to humor some of your horrendous takes.

Wtf kind of logic is this? Pre RCT Gojo was a special grade sorcerer already near the pinnacle of the jujutsu world, and yet killing him wasn't impressive? Because he wasn't at his peak yet? So the bare minimum for a feat to be impressive in your eyes is something on the level of killing peak Gojo? Are you trolling? Also you said "all of Toji's best feats", yet I don't see him washing Suguru Geto, another special grade at the pinnacle of jujutsu, as a listed feat.:choppawhat:
Geto literally says he’s not a physical fighter at the beginning of the arc. Anyone with speed like Jogo or Naobito would probably wash him back then. That’s why I didn’t include it, because I felt like that was obvious.

Also, way to just ignore the author’s statement and the current leaks.

The thing with Gojo is that people use Toji defeating him to scale Toji above the disaster curses, but honestly, without domain expansion that version of Gojo probably loses to Mahito or Jogo. I didn’t say it wasn’t a good feat, just that it doesn’t warrant some of the placements people have.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It is when Naobito got blitzed and one shot by Jogo
after losing an arm and engaging Dagon in a drawn-out fight but ok. Also, Naobito was 71 during Shibuya. Also, let's not pretend like Toji gonna have a hard time dealing with the guaranteed hit lol. He literally cut open the Rainbow Dragon. Really don't think even the guaranteed hit using the hardest shikigami Dagon had would be troublesome if he had his tools.

Also didnt he literally pulverize those shikigami with the playful cloud iirc lmaoo

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Megumi literally disrupted his domain expansion, so his guaranteed hit wasn't working.
Even if Megumi wasn't around to disrupt the guaranteed hit factor, do you really think it would make a difference lmao? Toji literally tanked a Red blast straight up from an awakened Gojo and had zero broken bones.

Do you really think he would struggle against Jogo (the manga literally said that Jogo would die from 5 Yuji black flashes and a hit from Todo using Playful Cloud) and the other disaster spirits?

Even if Megumi wasn't around to disrupt the guaranteed hit factor, do you really think it would make a difference lmao? Toji literally tanked a Red blast straight up from an awakened Gojo and had zero broken bones.
So did Jogo. And Gege literally stated that Jogo would die if he got hit by Ittadori's black flash rush.

Do you really think he would struggle against Jogo (the manga literally said that Jogo would die from 5 Yuji black flashes and a hit from Todo using Playful Cloud) and the other disaster spirits?
Oh look. you brought up the same point I did, but seem to have forgotten that a stronger Gojo hit Jogo with red too. Hmmm, really makes me think.

Yes. I do think Jogo would beat Toji, instantly if he uses Domain Expansion.