Character Discussion Kaido does not have Oden PTSD weakness

Ryou is not a technique, its a power statement.

Penetration Haki is a technique, it is manipulating Ryou in a certain way but not every form of Ryou would hurt Kaido.

You need certain level of Ryou to overpower Kaidos skin durability and wound them.

Luffy would never be able to do that hence why he needs a shortcut of just skipping that durability and targeting internal organs that are not very durable
Ryou is haki yet in the instance Kaido referred to it it was in relation to Oden's, ie Oden type of haki ( the penetrative one which ignores dura) is penetrative haki mate. Skipping durability is Ryou, its not overpowering them.

Ryou is haki yet in the instance Kaido referred to it it was in relation to Oden's, ie Oden type of haki ( the penetrative one which ignores dura) is penetrative haki mate. Skipping durability is Ryou, its not overpowering them.
But that's not true though
Penetration Haki is meant to skip Kaido's skin and do internal damage (to internal organs)

Scabbards like Oden are doing skin level damage. Where is internal damage?

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
I think I will make a full thread about this later but basically the reason why the Scabbards manage to hurt Kaido is because Kaido's mental state is not in the right mind, not because the Scabbards's Haki is better than him. Similar to Big Mom screaming after seeing Mother Carmel picture breaks and then she suddenly start to bleed on her knee. And also, Ryou = Haki, Flowing Haki is the advanced form of CoA.

So its Rank 2 ? Irc luffy was going for that before unlocking the even more advanced version. Im so confused rn.
In a way it is rank 2.

Ryou is described as Flow of Haki as Hyogoro said "Focus on the word FLOW"

So it is above Koka which is just keeping Haki in your own body and not flowing it.

Level 2 is FLOWING it out, now after flowing it out, you can make a shockwave or pour it into weapons.

Level 3 is not just flowing it out but pouring it into opponents body.

So yeah it would be level 2 I'd say but again Ryou gives swordsmen different ability than brawlers. Swordsmen with Ryou can cut everything they please and nothing they don't please (obviously it would also depend on mastery of Ryou).

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Dont bother cause that is a nonsense take. It has nothing to do with his mental state
his defence is his dragon power big moms defence is not her soul fruit
mental state doesnt effect fruit power
luffy doesnt stop being rubber when hes sad
this was proven last chapter when kinemon cut kaido who was mentally fine

I think I will make a full thread about this later but basically the reason why the Scabbards manage to hurt Kaido is because Kaido's mental state is not in the right mind, not because the Scabbards's Haki is better than him. Similar to Big Mom screaming after seeing Mother Carmel picture breaks and then she suddenly start to bleed on her knee. And also, Ryou = Haki, Flowing Haki is the advanced form of CoA.

In a way it is rank 2.

Ryou is described as Flow of Haki as Hyogoro said "Focus on the word FLOW"

So it is above Koka which is just keeping Haki in your own body and not flowing it.

Level 2 is FLOWING it out, now after flowing it out, you can make a shockwave or pour it into weapons.

Level 3 is not just flowing it out but pouring it into opponents body.

So yeah it would be level 2 I'd say but again Ryou gives swordsmen different ability than brawlers. Swordsmen with Ryou can cut everything they please and nothing they don't please (obviously it would also depend on mastery of Ryou).
Hmm, so rank 2 Coa is the breath of all things. Hope zoro masters it, i am one of those that thinks the time he displayed it against Mr1 was a fluke(like when luffy would somtimes use CoC) and he hasnt mastered it yet, no doubt mihawk told him about it and maybe he trained some. But i think this would be the thing hee has to master above all else. Im still hoping for a king vs zoro fight but at this points my hopes for one piece are abyssmal.
Post automatically merged:

Yes thats all thats needed hyou cannot do level 3
luffy only wanted level 2 to hurt kaido
Ryou 3 should be far deadlier because its basically Gamma knife, spammable version. But yes, it does seem to be Ryou 2 after considering your posts, thanks mate.

Dont bother cause that is a nonsense take. It has nothing to do with his mental state
his defence is his dragon power big moms defence is not her soul fruit
mental state doesnt effect fruit power
luffy doesnt stop being rubber when hes sad
this was proven last chapter when kinemon cut kaido who was mentally fine
I thought it was obvious, man was surprised they were using the same haki as Oden, dunno who wanted to make it a mental thing in the first place.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Hmm, so rank 2 Coa is the breath of all things. Hope zoro masters it, i am one of those that thinks the time he displayed it against Mr1 was a fluke(like when luffy would somtimes use CoC) and he hasnt mastered it yet, no doubt mihawk told him about it and maybe he trained some. But i think this would be the thing hee has to master above all else. Im still hoping for a king vs zoro fight but at this points my hopes for one piece are abyssmal.

Ryou 3 should be far deadlier because its basically Gamma knife, spammable version. But yes, it does seem to be Ryou 2 after considering your posts, thanks mate.
Imo zoro is past that and has also been training level 3 the swordsman version

You know what ive never really looked into this scene but i think youre right.
Because only haki ripped through the cliff not like zoros normal slashes he can do with his physical strength.

As you can see the sword was leaking ryou at the time too.
This had 0 physical strength behind it and was pure haki unlike some of zoros slashes say from dressrosa.

And thinking back to how this fits into what hyou said about haki

What happened with enma there fits more with the second explanation than the first (as does what wb and roger did)
Even the gag one with sanji
Hes sat down yet still manages to do that big a slice. Once again likely with flowing haki.
As you can see what happens with enma is the same as what rogerbeard did.

And when you match that up to the level 2 and 3 example it matches 3
i e the haki is flown out of the sword and shot out
not staying just outside the sword like level 2

We know that emotions and willpower are a big part of the One Piece story, even in the fights, and this seem to be how the scabbards are able to cut Kaido, for them this is the moment they have been waiting, and are ready sacrifice everything for this revenge, their willpower is what make their Haki so strong. And for Kaido, of course he have some trauma with Oden, and see his samurais being able to cut him its kind of like the ghost of Oden comming back for him. Kaido have this suicidal thing just because he know he wont die, but when the possibility of really dying happen he become become frigtend.

Oda put a lot of devopment in the emotional build up of the characters, and when they are fighting we should look more to this than to pure powerscaling, OP is not some WWE thing ahahahaha.