Speculations Kaido is a ... ???

Currently, I rewatch thriller bark arc and i might discover something about Kaido.

First of all, we know that Kaido is the huge strongest creature, right. I think he is similar to oars. They both have horns. But oars is bigger than Kaido.

Here's my theory
Kaido is a half oars, half human. Wait what? How can that be? It's not make sense if a human marry an oars. But what if Kaido is born with an in vitro fertilization technology? Maybe Big Mom do so with her minks husband.

We know Moria and Kaido know each other because of they fought each other 23 years ago. But what if Moria knew Kaido knew each other before that? Moria also has horns though

Here's another theory
Maybe Moria is an imperfect half human half oars unlike Kaido the success experiment. They might born in the same lab. The one who make them maybe a mad scientist. Maybe young Vegapunk or the teacher of Vegapunk, Judge, or Caesar.

Gecko moria's age is 50 and god valley accident is 38 years ago. If we assume Kaido is 2 years younger than moria then we get 10 years old Kaido as a cabin boy. Boom

So what do you think?

Last edited:
Currently, I rewatch thriller bark arc and i might discover something about Kaido.

First of all, we know that Kaido is the huge strongest creature, right. I think he is similar to oars. They both have horns. But oars is bigger than Kaido.

Here's my theory
Kaido is a half oars, half human. Wait what? How can that be? It's not make sense if a human marry an oars. But what if Kaido is born with an in vitro fertilization technology? Maybe Big Mom do so with her minks husband.

We know Moria and Kaido know each other because of they fought each other 23 years ago. But what if Moria knew Kaido knew each other before that? Moria also has horns though

Here's another theory
Maybe Moria is an imperfect half human half oars unlike Kaido the success experiment. They might born in the same lab. The one who make them maybe a mad scientist. Maybe young Vegapunk or the teacher of Vegapunk, Judge, or Caesar.

Gecko moria's age is 50 and god valley accident is 38 years ago. If we assume Kaido is 2 years younger than moria then we get 10 years old Kaido as a cabin boy. Boom

So what do you think?
Oh and because of the experimet, Kaido and Moria know where to find Oars race. If it's true, then Number in onigashima is an Oars. I don't know japanese but I guess Onigashima is demon (oni) island (shima). Correct me if im wrong

Oars isn't his own race, he is just a giant. Similar to how there are big humans, like Big Mom, WB, and katakuri, there are big giants like Oars.

Kaido doesn't need to be related to Oars, frankly I don't think it makes too much sense given how Oars jr was kinda portrayed as kind of an idiot.

Kaido could just be half giant half human. Also we don't know what the numbers are. I think its much more likely that Kaido is of the same race as the numbers rather than anything we have seen so far.

We know that there are 3 races big mom doesn't have in totland. One of them is obviously giants, the other, as mentioned by big mom herself, is King's race. The last one is likely Kaido's race.

I'm pretty sure he has been stated to belong to a susbrace called "ancient giants". In no way he's simply a bigger giant.
D: Oda-sensei, hello!! Here's my question. Oars might be very big, but is he a giant?? If he IS a giant, does that mean he's from Elbaf? Explain the background, here! P.N. Nara Nara

O: You know how there's always one REALLY BIG guy in your class? Oars is a giant, but he's even huger than normal, among them. He's not a warrior of Elbaf. There are multiple islands around the world with giants living on them. He's just a big huge, evil giant from one of those islands. That's Oars!

D: Oda-sensei, hello!! Here's my question. Oars might be very big, but is he a giant?? If he IS a giant, does that mean he's from Elbaf? Explain the background, here! P.N. Nara Nara

O: You know how there's always one REALLY BIG guy in your class? Oars is a giant, but he's even huger than normal, among them. He's not a warrior of Elbaf. There are multiple islands around the world with giants living on them. He's just a big huge, evil giant from one of those islands. That's Oars!
Still, those types of giants are "special" in their own way.

Punk Hazard/Vegapunk tried to create those types of giants specifically it seems:

Kaido and the Numbers specifically share these horned features with the "Oni"-Giants, like the exact same type of horns. It seems others like Jack and some headliners, replicate the horned trait to support their captain.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
I think there's almost certainly a link between Kaido, the Numbers, the shape of Onigashima, the Punk Hazard sign, the guys frozen there, the gigantification and dragon experiments and so on. What that link is I don't know.

What I'm curious about is why the Numbers are called Numbers. Were they experiments? Attempts to make some sort of dragon/giant/oni hybrid?

I think there's almost certainly a link between Kaido, the Numbers, the shape of Onigashima, the Punk Hazard sign, the guys frozen there, the gigantification and dragon experiments and so on. What that link is I don't know.

What I'm curious about is why the Numbers are called Numbers. Were they experiments? Attempts to make some sort of dragon/giant/oni hybrid?
I think its going to be yet ANOTHER hint at Vegapunk. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rocks flashback starts with Kaido as a child being either experimented on by Vegapunk and Linlin breaking him out or something like that (either because he is related to those Giants (being half Giant) or he was resistant to Vegapunk's experiments and didn't die. Considering the Punk Hazard sign and the apparent failure to recreate the process (ie., dead prisoners?), I wouldn't be shocked if Oda started the Kaido plot with Punk Hazard as a means to hint at his lineage. I mean, Kinemon, Momo and Dragons all started being introduced there too.

Here's my theory

Here's another theory

So what do you think?
I've been defending for quite a while that Kaido matches the trope of the artificial and/or super-strong character that looks for a reason to live, which is kind of popular in mainstream works, and that he was somehow created instead of just born. What I'm really curious about is the link that seems to exist between Kaido, Vegapunk and Oars race. Law stated that the Government has been trying for centuries to artificially create giants and the shadows of such giants were exactly like that of Oars; Punk Hazard itself has the skull of an Oars-like head as its symbol.

The whole issue with winter islands is there too. There seemed to be ice in Punk Hazard before Kuzan fought in it because Nami and company found giant bodies frozen. Karakuri island, where Vegapunk was born, was a technological, winter place. One of Kaido's favourite islands which was guarded by Scotch was a technological winter place too, and Kaido himself lives in a winter island. On top of this, Oars was said to die in the Land of Ice.

If we add how Kaido is into the business of artificial fruits, that his devil fruit is that of a dragon, and that Vegapunk was obsessed with dragons himself and who created Momonosuke's artificial fruit...

I don't know, maybe Oars's race was artificially created during the Void Century, Kaido was created or altered as a kid by Vegapunk, he became a failure of a experiment and this is why Vegapunk won't try gigantification with children anymore because of it?

The reason why Kaido wanted to have Onigashima and Wano could be related to this too, since I proposed a long time ago that Oars was based on a Japanese deity that created the province of Izumo (which would be Wano) by putting pieces of land together. If Oars created Wano and he ruled it from Onigashima, then Kaido could be seeking to reclaim what belonged to his people.

So? This doesn't contradict my point.

The race of Oars is explicitly stated to be "ancient giant" in the Vivre Cards.

Last edited:
I think its going to be yet ANOTHER hint at Vegapunk. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rocks flashback starts with Kaido as a child being either experimented on by Vegapunk and Linlin breaking him out or something like that. Considering the Punk Hazard sign and the apparent failure to recreate the process (ie., dead prisoners?), I wouldn't be shocked if Oda started the Kaido plot with Punk Hazard as a means to hint at his lineage. I mean, Kinemon, Momo and Dragons all started being introduced there too.
Yes and because of their background. They lok for the solution with technology approach

Big mom - Giantification - caesar
Big mom - germa - Judge
Kaido - smile fruit - caesar
Orochi - ? - Vegapunk

Yes and because of their background. They lok for the solution with technology approach

Big mom - Giantification - caesar
Big mom - germa - Judge
Kaido - smile fruit - caesar
Orochi - ? - Vegapunk
I don't think Orochi has anything to do with Vegapunk personally. He just simply wanted him as a trade for Wano's weapons (I assume Kairoseki bullets etc) and thinks so highly of himself that he believes he'll get it. I personally think it was just another jab at Vegpunk's character, but we won't see him until after this arc specifically.

Theres too much going on in this arc to introduce Vegapunk and too much setup for after this arc to include him specifically here (Kuma, Bonney, Sabo, etc)

Here's my theory

Here's another theory

So what do you think?
wait, what :kawak:
does that Silhouette in rocks flashback 38 years ago look like a 10 year old to you ? :denzimote: