Future Events Kaido Must Die

Will Kaido Die

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Disclaimer
This is an extract of a section from another of my essays, but it's an important enough — and controversial enough — topic that it deserves its own thread.

This is NOT a ZKK thread. It exists solely to discuss if Kaido will die. How Kaido might die is tangential at best.

I'm on mobile, so pardon any mechanical blunders.

As usual, let me know your preferences regarding tags.

Acknowledgements
@Garp the Fist: deserves all credit. This is essentially plagiarism of his excellent thread (The Grand Kaido and Wano Death Compilation).

The Necessity of Kaido's Death
I'd like to briefly recap the evidence in favour of Kaido's death. If you've not read it yet, I recommend reading @Garp the Fist's "The Grand Kaido and Wano Death Compilation. It makes this argument at a much greater length.

Shimotsuki Yasuie
At his execution, Yasuie's final words suggested that Wano would never truly be free until Kaido dies:
For 20 long years,​
No one has been able...​
...To take Kaido's Head!!
These words have yet to be vindicated.

Scabbards
The Scabbards expressed their desire to "take Kaido's head":
Just let us die!!! As Lord Oden's Samurai!!!​
Once we've taken your head that is!!!​
They stressed the need to "sever his windpipe":
Sever his windpipe!!
Stop his breathing!!
They reiterated that the battle with Kaido is not over until he has been slain:
This fight ain't over...​
...Until his head is severed!!!

Oden
Oden himself has spoken of the need to kill Kaido.

He said that he came to cut off Kaido's head in his sleep:
I was on my way to cut off your head as you sat on that empty island drinking yourself to sleep.​
He reiterated that he intends to behead Kaido:
The only thing I want to cut is your scaly neck!!

Yamato
Yamato consented to Kaido's death:
Well, I'm not on your side anymore.​
Let my father die.​

Ace
Yamato said that Ace came to kill Kaido:
A man who came here years ago...​
To kill my father...
Ace himself stated that he's here to take Kaido's head:
I'm Ace!!​
I've come here to take Kaido's head!!!

Kaido
Finally, Kaido himself has repeatedly expressed his desire for (a glorious) death.

His introduction chapter is titled "Suicide":

He's searching for a place to die:
The man claimed...​
...That he was searching for a place to die.
His hobby is suicide, and he laments that he survived his latest attempt:
I just don't die...
...​
His hobby is "suicide".
I survived again...
He stated that because the Scabbards remind him of Oden, he could have let them kill him:
I could have let you kill me
He believes that "death is what completes a person":
It may not be the way of the times anymore...​
...But death is what completes a person!!
He declared that the world doesn't need two dragons:

Considering that Momonosuke is definitely not dying, the dragon that needs to be removed from the world is Kaido himself.

Conclusions
The necessity — you could even say the inevitability — of Kaido's death has been mentioned by at least SIX(!) separate (groups of) characters:
  1. Shimotsuki Yasuie
  2. The Nine Scabbards
  3. Oden
  4. Yamato
  5. Ace
  6. Kaido himself
And even the Narrator!

If there's any character in One Piece that is destined for death, then it is without a doubt Hundred Beasts Kaido.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
One more time.

Villains don't get what they deserved.
What bearing does this have on the thread?
:choppawhat:

Kaido not getting what he desires would be Kaido not going out in a blaze of glory. It would be Kaido's death not being as legendary as Oden's, Rogers's or Whitebeard's.

Oden's death has been spoken of for ages to come. It's known as "the Hour of Legends":

Roger's death marked the Dawn of the Great Age of Piracy:

Whitebeard's death reinvigorated said age and marked the end of an era, the era of Whitebeard:

The above are the kinds of death Kaido wants. Kaido being thwarted just means he won't get that glorious death, it doesn't mean he won't die.

Last edited:
One more time.

Villains don't get what they deserved.
There’s no real reason why a villain’s dream can’t happen, if that villains dream doesn’t oppose the Strawhats or harm anyone. Big Mom will probably get her dream of a happy family all sitting around a table together in peace.

It’ll just come at a cost, namely not being Big Mom, but Olin.

So Kaido can’t get his New Onigashima dream. That kills loads of people and defeats the Strawhats. He can’t get to fight in his glorious, grand war to end all wars. Instead he gets defeated in the prelude to it.

But the thing about wanting to kill himself, now, that’s entirely different. There’s room there for Kaido‘s life to be shown as a tragedy. What exactly has happened to him that makes him so suicidal? Does it tie into his insistence that pirates will betray people? Does he really understand what it was that made Roger, Whitebeard and Oden so great?

There’s a story to be told there. Oda can, perhaps, make us feel sorry for Kaido, before he’s killed.

And in addition to Enel on the moon, I’d like to remind everyone that Wapol, who very much tried to arrange the death of Chopper’s father, is currently extremely rich, a king and married to a supermodel. And most of BW is currently running a cafe where they are quite literally living their dreams.

What people are missing to see is that Oda didn't create Kaido this way & then thought whether to Kill him or not.
It's obvious that Oda thought about Kaido's Death first & then decided to make him Suicidal & Glorify Death & make most Characters speak about his Death to justify Killing him.

So Correct Statement isn't ---> Kaido is gonna Die because he Wants to
The Correct Statement is ---> Oda made Kaido want Death because he Planned to Kill him

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Kaido not getting what he desires would be Kaido not going out in a blaze of glory. It would be Kaido's death not being as legendary as Oden's, Rogers's or Whitebeard's.
To address what I said above.

Oden's death has been spoken of for ages to come. It's known as "the Hour of Legends".

Roger's death marked the Dawn of the Great Age of Piracy.

Whitebeard's death reinvigorated said age and marked the end of an era, the era of Whitebeard.

The above are the kinds of death Kaido wants. Kaido being thwarted just means he won't get that glorious death, it doesn't mean he won't die.
Kaido dying in Wano denies him his dream of a glorious death.