Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
โ€Ž
Stating for the record that I am Kikoruโ€™s Loyal Slave Boy, but I am only a begrudging fan of her fatherโ€ฆhe directly benefits from Kaiju #2โ€™s abilities, but wants to be all self-righteous about Kafkaโ€™s existence? I know he comes to his senses, but this bottom-line shit is a tired trope for a character that actually seems like he could be cool. Canโ€™t believe my beautiful master has such a hardass for a dad, but I guess between her and Yamato, Iโ€™m developing a typeโ€ฆ

Also, itโ€™s kinda concerning that Kafka canโ€™t control himself while facing the remnants of #2, right? That seems like itโ€™ll become a problem in the future, especially if Ashiroโ€™s around when it happens and decides not to hold back while trying to subdue him :neesama:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Oh, word? Good looking out, thatโ€™ll make my monthly binges a little easier but I hate having to wait longer for this shit :pepehands:
Yup.

Kaiju No. 8's author Naoya Matsumoto announced on Twitter that the series will now be published once every two weeks, as opposed to its previous release schedule of releasing a new chapter every Friday. This change comes after the publication of the series' 38th chapter on June 25. Matsumoto did not confirm exactly how long this schedule change will last but did acknowledge that Kaiju No. 8 will be released biweekly "for a while."

In the same tweet, Matsumoto also apologized to fans, promising that the shift is only due to "schedule adjustments," indicating the series will likely resume its weekly release schedule at some point in the future.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
โ€Ž
Yup.

Kaiju No. 8's author Naoya Matsumoto announced on Twitter that the series will now be published once every two weeks, as opposed to its previous release schedule of releasing a new chapter every Friday. This change comes after the publication of the series' 38th chapter on June 25. Matsumoto did not confirm exactly how long this schedule change will last but did acknowledge that Kaiju No. 8 will be released biweekly "for a while."

In the same tweet, Matsumoto also apologized to fans, promising that the shift is only due to "schedule adjustments," indicating the series will likely resume its weekly release schedule at some point in the future.
Honestly, I respect him for this decisionโ€ฆwish Oda would man up and do this instead of giving us one chapter every two or three weeks anyway while remaining under the guise of โ€œregularโ€ releases :kriwhat:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Honestly, I respect him for this decisionโ€ฆwish Oda would man up and do this instead of giving us one chapter every two or three weeks anyway while remaining under the guise of โ€œregularโ€ releases :kriwhat:
Yeah same here. I'd rather wait for a while but get good stuff. Like ROR. It's a monthly manga, but every chapter is fire.

It was the WSJ's decision to give oda a break, not oda himself. WSJ is a weekly magazine with a tight schedule, so he and other authors can't ask for biweekly release as they want.

While Kaiju 8 is in a different magazine, which is jump+ online magazine, which has a looser schedule and can adapt to the needs of the author.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Am i the only one who don't really like this new leader guy ?
Probably Layan. I am digging his design. His behaviour as well, at least after he slicks his hair lmao :goyea: