Manga Discussion Kaiju No. 8

Who is your favorite character ?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Kafka still looks very goofy and unlike his self in the manga. Also Leno is really weird to me. But at least they've tried to fix it I think, so by the time it's out we might get an even better adaptation.

At least Kafka does not look half as bratty as we thought he was gonna look. This is actually a decent first look into the first episode, and now it makes me wonder if they gonna make the first episode 45 minutes by combining the first two chapters.
Kafka still looks off and Leno looks off to me too. I'll have to rewatch this trailer later, but it doesn't seem too good to me.

Kafka still looks very goofy and unlike his self in the manga. Also Leno is really weird to me. But at least they've tried to fix it I think, so by the time it's out we might get an even better adaptation.

Kafka still looks off and Leno looks off to me too. I'll have to rewatch this trailer later, but it doesn't seem too good to me.
Kafka is a little more polished, yes, but I don't think it detracts too much from his character. And part of his persona is his age, anyway, so even Anime viewers will see that they're looking at someone twice the age of the usual MC in Kafka.

Leno is probably made that way to appeal a bit more to the casual Shounen viewers.

The trailer, like I said, is decent. Not good, but not too bad either.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Leno is probably made that way to appeal a bit more to the casual Shounen viewers.
Yeah but it's a big downgrade.

Just compare this
to this

Kafka is a little more polished, yes, but I don't think it detracts too much from his character. And part of his persona is his age, anyway, so even Anime viewers will see that they're looking at someone twice the age of the usual MC in Kafka.
Same as above. It's a downgrade and makes him look goofy. Even the Kaiju form looks goofy from the looks of it instead of cool and badass. It detracts from the show and the characters because the designs are a big part.

The trailer, like I said, is decent. Not good, but not too bad either.
Yeah seems like they tried to fix some things and so, so it might be even better, but it's nothing special or anything like that so far.

Yeah but it's a big downgrade.

Just compare this
to this

Same as above. It's a downgrade and makes him look goofy. Even the Kaiju form looks goofy from the looks of it instead of cool and badass. It detracts from the show and the characters because the designs are a big part.

Yeah seems like they tried to fix some things and so, so it might be even better, but it's nothing special or anything like that so far.
We can't really compare action Leno to casual Leno.

Kaiju form doesn't look Goofy to me unless he starts looking like a fat balloon with a tribal tattoo,

And, yes, so far it's nothing special.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
We can't really compare action Leno to casual Leno.
I am comparing their appearance. His hair is different, his eyes are different, his face is different. He looks like a Walmart version of himself lol.

Kaiju form doesn't look Goofy to me unless he starts looking like a fat balloon with a tribal tattoo,
I am talking about the face and the eyes.
Look how large they are and unlike the ones in the manga

No way you look at the first and second spoiler and think the same lol. The first one is very goofy and off to me. The second one exudes coolness, badassery, great design. In the first one he looks like some shark lol.

It just doesn't seem like a faithful adaptation thus far. Yeah I am going off of the screenshots and the first video, so it might be better in the future but so far this isn't it for me.

I am comparing their appearance. His hair is different, his eyes are different, his face is different. He looks like a Walmart version of himself lol.

I am talking about the face and the eyes.
Look how large they are and unlike the ones in the manga

No way you look at the first and second spoiler and think the same lol. The first one is very goofy and off to me. The second one exudes coolness, badassery, great design. In the first one he looks like some shark lol.

It just doesn't seem like a faithful adaptation thus far. Yeah I am going off of the screenshots and the first video, so it might be better in the future but so far this isn't it for me.
I mean no offense, so I'll apologize in advance if what I say next offends you, mate, but this sounds a little like nitpicking.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I mean no offense, so I'll apologize in advance if what I say next offends you, mate, but this sounds a little like nitpicking.
None taken br0, no worries. Best agree to disagree then. For me the kaiju form looks goofy in that pic and that's off putting.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
No new chapter. Just some illustrations that can be found <HERE>