Character Discussion Katakuri is more a Marco/King or a Yamato/Ace ?

What is Katakuri ?

• Total voters
People really salty about katakuri lol
  1. Not only is he a 1 in a million conqueror
  2. Not only does he have future sight an ability rayleigh hyped that only the mightiest have
  3. Not only does he have the 1 and only special paramecia that acts like a logia
  4. Not only has he achieved awakening
  5. Not only is he a good markman
  6. Not only does he have a lethality with his spear
  7. Not only can the man box
  8. Not only did oda give him hella attention and focus by making him luffy's main obstacle in wci
  9. Not only did oda actually care about his and luffy's fight
  10. Not only will he get even stronger
  11. Not only will he lead the big mom pirates
  12. There's probably other shit i cant remember
People really thought marco and even king and somehow queen will receive the same amount of love and hype. So i kinda get the salt

He's close to grandpa's age now
A man who couldn't surpass yc1 level for 50 years is expected to be a top tier now 🀣🀣🀣
Urouge 47, a 1 year younger then Katakuri. 2 years earlier he can't beat 1 PX, now he defeating Sweet Commander.
Garp was 48, when he trained to become stronger and beat Chinjao(also 48).
Crocodile and Jinbei 46, and they become a lot of stronger then they was is Shichibukai period.
T-bone was 51 and he was Capitan without Haki. Now he 53 and he is Vice-Admiral(which mean he got stronger and awakened CoA and CoO). He jumped in 3 position.
And there is more...
Age meant nothing in OP.

Until they hit 70+ years. :crocusuh:

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
People really salty about katakuri lol
  1. Not only is he a 1 in a million conqueror
  2. Not only does he have future sight an ability rayleigh hyped that only the mightiest have
  3. Not only does he have the 1 and only special paramecia that acts like a logia
  4. Not only has he achieved awakening
  5. Not only is he a good markman
  6. Not only does he have a lethality with his spear
  7. Not only can the man box
  8. Not only did oda give him hella attention and focus by making him luffy's main obstacle in wci
  9. Not only did oda actually care about his and luffy's fight
  10. Not only will he get even stronger
  11. Not only will he lead the big mom pirates
  12. There's probably other shit i cant remember
People really thought marco and even king and somehow queen will receive the same amount of love and hype. So i kinda get the salt
My GOAT :steef:

I know i keep saying it but the more lunarians there are the worse it it for king. There being a whole wiped out civilization of lunarians is bad enough. With the introduction of the seraphim its even worse because them having the same gimmick means even more people are gonna figure out how to deal with it.
If king wasn't a lunarian mans just another tobiroppo
:kayneshrug:

Feel bad for bullying marco but man is the definition of not that guy which in a way kinda makes him that guy that he tries his best. At the end of the day hes never gonna be him tho

Just to add on to my katakuri list
  • Has insane speed hyped by oda
  • Pretty sure he has some advanced armament on top of him being a future sight user and conqueror

I forgot that King isn't even awakened.
So we have King on the one hand who can owe a lot of his prowess to his race, as a Lunarian, and is pretty good with this devil fruit. But not awakened, hasn't been shown to have particular mastery over any type of haki.

Then you have Katakuri:

Conquerors haki
Awakened devil fruit
Stronger than normal armament haki

And I'm pretty sure if it weren't for his sense of honour (call it plot armour or whatever) he could have killed Luffy but chose to stab himself.

Sometimes I feel like the battle/debate is about who looks "cooler" because the evidence of who has more potential is staggeringly in Katakuri's favour.

ZenZu

β€Ž
Katakuri's attack power is insanely strong.

He was making Luffy cry in mere clashes where Luffy is protecting himself further with hardening, take that in. Katakuri hits so hard that Luffy attacking Katakuri does damage to himself...jeez. He just doesn't have OHKO power to end Nika Luffy with unlimited rubber endurance who has high resistance to blunt attacks.

Kaidou was cheating since he was using advCoC he was bypassing that rubber durability.

What can't this man do, he has no weaknesses :finally:

ZenZu

β€Ž
I forgot that King isn't even awakened.
So we have King on the one hand who can owe a lot of his prowess to his race, as a Lunarian, and is pretty good with this devil fruit. But not awakened, hasn't been shown to have particular mastery over any type of haki.

Then you have Katakuri:

Conquerors haki
Awakened devil fruit
Stronger than normal armament haki

And I'm pretty sure if it weren't for his sense of honour (call it plot armour or whatever) he could have killed Luffy but chose to stab himself.

Sometimes I feel like the battle/debate is about who looks "cooler" because the evidence of who has more potential is staggeringly in Katakuri's favour.
Don't forget he is the one and only special paramecia in the entire manga.

His paramecia so unique it's in a category of its own. Oda stop it....we know you love this man but could you please spare something for the other commanders plz??

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
β€Ž
Kaidou was cheating since he was using advCoC he was bypassing that rubber durability.
Nah bro Kaidou is too clean on that too.
Same reaction as Katakuri, without CoC and on a stronger Luffy (in terms of CoA).

Kaidou's too clean to the point where anything Kata can do, Kaidou can do it better - though thats expected.

On topic, Kata's definitely more like Ace/Yamato.
Starting to think he's the strongest out of the Commander lot except the Vice Captains.

Same reaction as Katakuri, without CoC and on a stronger Luffy (in terms of CoA).

Kaidou's too clean to the point where anything Kata can do, Kaidou can do it better - though thats expected.

Starting to think he's the strongest out of the Commander lot except the Vice Captains.
no

I know i keep saying it but the more lunarians there are the worse it it for king. There being a whole wiped out civilization of lunarians is bad enough. With the introduction of the seraphim its even worse because them having the same gimmick means even more people are gonna figure out how to deal with it.
If king wasn't a lunarian mans just another tobiroppo
:kayneshrug:

Feel bad for bullying marco but man is the definition of not that guy which in a way kinda makes him that guy that he tries his best. At the end of the day hes never gonna be him tho

Just to add on to my katakuri list
  • Has insane speed hyped by oda
  • Pretty sure he has some advanced armament on top of him being a future sight user and conqueror
This isn't Advanced Armament, he just has better Armament than Luffy.
Anyway, I see him being stronger than Doflamingo and Cracker, but not stronger than people like Marco, King, Sabo, or even Sanji.
If he comes back and starts popping off then I'll put him on their level though.

Katakuri's attack power is insanely strong.

He was making Luffy cry in mere clashes where Luffy is protecting himself further with hardening, take that in. Katakuri hits so hard that Luffy attacking Katakuri does damage to himself...jeez. He just doesn't have OHKO power to end Nika Luffy with unlimited rubber endurance who has high resistance to blunt attacks.

What can't this man do, he has no weaknesses :finally:
One of mans most basic attack was red hawk. Downplaying katakuri attack power for not taking out luffy is like saying daz was weak because he couldn't take down zoro

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Katakuri and Yamato are pretty similar when you think about it:myman:

Katakuri and Oven's boxing match to the death was pretty similar to the epic extreme diff fight between Yamato and Ulti. Two sets of equals fighting to the death:christnally:

By Vice Captains, i mean Rayleigh, Beckmann & Zoro types.
not the strongest amongst 1st commanders either
Post automatically merged:

Don't forget he is the one and only special paramecia in the entire manga.

His paramecia so unique it's in a category of its own. Oda stop it....we know you love this man but could you please spare something for the other commanders plz??
law and fuji, wb etc dont have special paramecia's and are objectively more powerful fruits
not exactly sure whats great about this
felt more like an adjustment made because logia fruits occur in nature ..... and his fruit was initially likened to one.

ZenZu

β€Ž

That's what I was saying, advCoC were the attacks KOing Luffy. When Kaidou just used super hardening he got a Kat + level feat.

Remember Katakuri had Luffy looking like he was at deaths door, the first couple chapters at the start of the battle, Goofy and his rubber nika endurance is built for tanking blunt blows for days though. That's more willpower anyway, Kat hits like a truck with his super hard armament.

Ma man :myman: