Fanclub Katakuri-Sama

I think that Katakuri is the closest thing that Luffy has to a whitebeard-esque rival

Katakuri, similar to whitebeard, was initially a commander to a much stronger pirate. In roger's case, Whitebeard was initially a rocks commander, for Luffy, Katakuri was initially a big mom commander.

However I think katakuri wants to be his own thing apart from his mom. In the battle against Luffy, Katakuri threw down his jacket after stabbing himself. The jacket had the words "Charlotte" on it and behind the jacket we saw that Katakuri had a tattoo of a wing on his back. Could this possibly be symbolism for Katakuri developing a sense of freedom from big mom? It would explain why katakuri asked Luffy if he would ever beat big mom.

Katakuri and whitebeard are also very similar in terms of motivation. Whitebeard never wanted to conquer anything or be pirate king, he just wanted to protect his family. This is the exact same thing with Katakuri. As opposed to someone like Eustass Kidd who is a direct rival for pirate king with luffy.

this motivation could also push Katakuri to become stronger. since he wants to protect his family, he will train to be much stronger so that he could replace big mom if anything were to ever happen to her.

Lastly, Katakuri and Luffy have a similar relationship to Roger and whitebeard. They are both friendly rivals that respect each other. If they ever met again, I doubt they would seriously try to kill each other, although I'm sure they would have a clash. Katakuri was also basically equal to Luffy by the end of WCI. If katakuri trains to get stronger during the events of wano kuni, he could possibly keep up to Luffy's tremendous growth.

In any case, I expect big things from katakuri and think he will likely play a big role in future arcs to come.