Powers & Abilities Kid would have been too overpowered if Oda gave him acoc in Wano, that's why he's delaying it for Elbaf

People slandering Kid about "not having haki" is actually a testament to kids raw power. Lets get one thing clear. Kid is WAAAY stronger than Luffy in terms of pure physical stats (not including haki). Kid was able to block and overpower big moms elemental fused sword swing with just pure physical power, did not even need to use armanent. Kid was also able to damage and crush kaido with raw strength whereas luffy was only able to hurt kaido after learning ryou. Unlike the chosen child Goofy, Kid didnt have the right hand of pirate king to spoon feed him haki, so Kid has had to adapt by just improving his own physicals and devil fruit mastery. Kid without haki defeated a yonko, luffy without haki cant even beat a pacifista, the difference in raw strength is astronomical and i can only imagine how strong kid would have end up being if he had rayleighs training or hyogoros. Would have breezed to pirate king already. And this is exactly why oda has had to restrict giving haki to him too early.

If Oda let kid learn ryou or acoc in wano, then that would have him the strongest in the arc and capable of taking down a yonko by himself. That wouldn't have worked for the plot, since oda needed to give law some glory as well. So Oda has hawkins nerf kid by giving him a migrain and also restricted kid from using basic haki in order to make him "need" law to beat big mom. Also if oda gave kid acoc that means he would have beaten shanks at elbaf, and oda needs shanks a bit longer for some plotlines. He also needed a way for kid to meet with the man in burn marks, so best thing was to have kid lose here and be saved by man in burn marks. From here is where oda will really start to develop kids story and set him up as a prominent figure for the endgame of one piece, as well further setting him up as the rival luffy will need to defeat at the very end. In elbaf he will learn ryou from the giants which will translate to him getting acoc as well

Oh and to any idiot that thinks/jokes that kid is literally dead/out of the story....im not going to respond to you. Seems like whenever i make a thread of something completely irrelevent to kid, some wankers always feels the need to be like "JuSt LiKe KiD wOuLD BeAt ShAnKs RiGHt?" and then bump up my old thread. So i thought I might has well talk about Kid since you wanna bring him up everytime. And no, that "L" i took doesnt bother me at all because in the grand scheme of things its going to mean nothing once Kid makes his comeback and gets his revenge

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
Alright, I'm not going to comment on any power levels or haki debates presented here or any of the "Oda did this or that" type shenanigans, but I think it's important to pause for a moment.

First, I do feel bad for how Oda has treated Kidd; imo, it's a huge missed opportunity on his part. I really wanted to see the guy become a huge foil to Luffy, besides just Blackbeard. He has a cool design, a powerful fruit, and an attitude. I do understand that just because he has Conquerors Haki, it doesn't mean it's an automatic ticket to success. Part of me is rooting for the idea that he swallows some humble pie and actually works on himself instead of picking every fight out there. A better, healthier mindset and some wisdom would do much good for him.

At this point, two things are clear:

1) Either Kidd is going to make one of the biggest comebacks in the series, and those who invested in his stocks are going to be FEASTING.
2) Or Kidd will be a cautionary tale, an example of a hotheaded rookie who bit off more than he could chew and paid the price for it.

100% true. Its going to be great. The moment he unlocks acoc, all agenda's against him are done. Zoro bros, Law bros, Admiral Bros, Yonko bros etc...With broken cc abilities like assign + acoc attack, hes op af. We saw him breaking bones, forcing yonko to burn life span WITHOUT acoc. The only person that will compete with acoc Kidd is g5 luffy. Quote me on this.

Midd is dead bro, just let it go, he doesn't even have hardening and you want him to have ACoC:josad:
Midd is dead bro, just let it go, he doesn't even have hardening and you want him to have ACoC:josad:
He is confirmed hardening user but oda nerfs him got plot, acoc is nothing but a physical application of normal coc and can be asspulled out of thin air. Kid bouncing back from the initial loss to kaido and the tortures has proven his willpower is superior to poofys, he doesnt need jimbei to help him stop crying after a loss, all kid has to do is learn ryou from someone in elbaf and he learns acoc seconds later
Post automatically merged:

Kidd has no role in the endgame. I even forgot there was a character called Kidd in this manga until you brought him. Says a lot.

oda created whole plot line for kid just after wano to connect him with a mysterious figure who is clearly central to the endgame of one piece, keep being an ignoramus. The longer oda doesnt show kid just means the more endgame he is since he wants to finish other things and character arcs first

Last edited:
Part of me is rooting for the idea that he swallows some humble pie and actually works on himself instead of picking every fight out there. A better, healthier mindset and some wisdom would do much good for him.
The thing is Luffy is exactly the same, if not worse, its just that he has plot armor around every corner to bail himself out.
However this is why oda has given kid this plotline. Oda is linking kid with a mysterious figure that is bound to be central to the lore of one piece. That is huge, and it means he is going to learn something, not just ability wise but about the one piece world in general

If he had Ryuo, he'd snatch away the one thing that made Luffy stand out on the rooftop, taking away what made Luffy special. Combine that with Advanced CoC + Fruit Awakening, and he'd be the first guy on screen to pull off that combination. Law would be completely left in the dust both on the rooftop and during the Big Mom fight.

I'm kinda moving past caring too much about his loss to Shanks because it could just make his character way more interesting. Plus, if Oda really didn't plan to keep him around, why give him CoC and never let him flex it even once? Like, why give it to him and then hit him with the toughest defeat at the hands of the strongest Haki user on Elbaf, the next island for Luffy and the enemy island of Big Mom, the yonko he defeated? Why make him the only man with CoC who never used it or confirmed he had control over it? Why highlight him as the lone standout in the supernova trio, aware of the man with the burn scar, believing he held an edge over Luffy, despite having only two Poneglyphs?

Then again, it's not gonna be the first time people won't understand his portrayal the same way they couldn't see that what happened on Sabaody would set him up to do something that would give him the same bounty as Emperor Luffy, a bounty way higher than what Blackbeard had after the impel down incident, marineford, Payback war and Rocky port incident.

P.s. Still funny to think some expected him to face a tobiroppo even after the rooftop :gokulaugh:

The thing is Luffy is exactly the same, if not worse, its just that he has plot armor around every corner to bail himself out.
However this is why oda has given kid this plotline. Oda is linking kid with a mysterious figure that is bound to be central to the lore of one piece. That is huge, and it means he is going to learn something, not just ability wise but about the one piece world in general
Aren't you tired of taking Ls?

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
What for? He's not meant to have any important role by EOS so he doesn't need haki and he won't get any form of adv Haki.
He is a fodder now and will remain one until the end.
Just move on.
Kid will be needed in endgame as one of the final war fighter.

It is pretty obvious that the final fights will include admirals, the Gorosei and Imu. The Gorosei are to much for strawhats beside Luffy, Zoro and Sanji. Which means, luffy will be busy with Imu, Zoro and Sanji with 2 of the Gorosei, which makes 3 remaining fights against the Gorosei. One of them belongs to Kid.

Kid will be needed in endgame as one of the final war fighter.

It is pretty obvious that the final fights will include admirals, the Gorosei and Imu. The Gorosei are to much for strawhats beside Luffy, Zoro and Sanji. Which means, luffy will be busy with Imu, Zoro and Sanji with 2 of the Gorosei, which makes 3 remaining fights against the Gorosei. One of them belongs to Kid.
Nah man Sanji,Jinbe,Yamato,Zoro and Law are prob fighting the gorosei and Luffy will fight Imu
Midd is out for good