Character Discussion King and Shiryu similarities

They are the top dogs of two Emperors (Kaido and Teach respectively)
Their character design are really similar (black suit, same skull patches, very similar sword)

Do you think they are connected somehow or is just a coincidence?
Some people think that King was Impel Down director before Magellan and Shiryu, what do you think?

No I don't feel they share any kind of bond personally. Of course, they seem to both share some kind of badass vibe but that is it.

They also are both swordsmen but we don't know too much about their skillsets.

Perhaps acknowledging that will lend us a hand to better decipher your points.
Their designs are monumentally similar. King dresses like an Impel Down employee, and was considered a "pervert" for torture. It makes sense if he was the former jail head. I think its still a viable theory

Sanji vs Laffite or Avalo Pizarro or Tenth Commander
sanji vs laffitte (Aerial Battle) and pizzaro vs brook (corrupt King vs Soul King)
plus Laffitte is chief of Staff so even if Sanji fights him we will still be seeing threads about Shiryu vs Laffitte created by butthurt Sanjitards just like how we have kaku vs jabura threads to this day.
cant wait to see the arguments in 7 years "no laffitte is chief of Staff so hes > shiryu:josad:"

sanji vs laffitte (Aerial Battle) and pizzaro vs brook (corrupt King vs Soul King)
plus Laffitte is chief of Staff so even if Sanji fights him we will still be seeing threads about Shiryu vs Laffitte created by butthurt Sanjifans (<3) just like how we have kaku vs jabura threads to this day.
cant wait to see the arguments in 7 years "no laffitte is chief of Staff so hes > shiryu:josad:"
I mean the Blackbeard Pirates dont even have a proper hiearchy.

Burgess's trash ass is above Shiryu in heiarchy. Would you say hes stronger than him ?

Laffite is a hype person. Dude invaded Mariejoa and attended a Shichibukai meeting all by himself. No help.

I mean the Blackbeard Pirates dont even have a proper hiearchy.

Burgess's trash ass is above Shiryu in heiarchy. Would you say hes stronger than him ?

Laffite is a hype person. Dude invaded Mariejoa and attended a Shichibukai meeting all by himself. No help.
yeah Laffitte goated. not to mention Sengoku was also there and he didn't even notice him.
I see your getting on the "Laffitte>>>>>>Shiryu" train early