Character Discussion King is a Katakuri rip-off.

Isnt this topic a bit to early?
For Katakuri we had over 10 chapters of drawing with panel and we saw everything about him (with even a flashback).

King number of panel in Wano that are worth of seing maybe and I say maybe 7 full panel.

Now try to argue something that got more than 10 chapter full display to someone that is only in 7 panel in an arc of 127 chapters.

This is silly as fuck. It like saying this is way better because we know and we saw everything about it to something that we have no idea and we never saw.

it's not king's fault.

it's oda's fault for losing his creativity and intelligence.

king doesn't even have a personality, everything he did and said was already done and said by katakuri, he even looks like katakuri, have the same insecurity...wtf is this shitty arc?

I mean the limit of Katakuri's dodging speed was Snakeman. King was keeping up with Marco and could convincingly beat him. Do you really think Snakeman is faster than Marco given that Marco was fighting Kizaru, the fastest character in the verse, without getting overwhelmed during Marineford while Snakeman has shown no such thing yet?

I don't think the difference is waaay big or anything. King and Marco are just faster than Katakuri and can land hits on him more consistently than Luffy could.
Post automatically merged:

Having insecurities about their body images alone doesn't make them the same character lol. I think King's insecurities would be due to some racial features or due to some past interaction with Celestial Dragons - similar to Boa rather than like Katakuri.

Plus they have drastically different personalities. King absolutely doesn't give a fuck about the means with which he reaches the end while Katakuri clearly does and is a honourable fighter.
King had Queen by his side, and a boatload of fodders.

When Marco was laid at on his back and stated to have reached the limits of his stamina, King went to attack Zoro and Sanji from 2 feet away, and Marco intercepted him with ease.

Strong as is 99 blows and Luffy still stood tall. Katakuri AP for real a joke, not as big as a joke as the useless Mogura weapon.
luffy ran from fight multiple times to recover. we saw him doing it once but we know he did it many times because they mention there was many sights of him in different islands.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

When Marco was laid at on his back and stated to have reached the limits of his stamina, King went to attack Zoro and Sanji from 2 feet away, and Marco intercepted him with ease.
With a slow ass punch he tried to hit zoro not sanji and Marco sacrificed himself.
If he used his hybrid speed Marco wouldn't do shit.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Nobody disagrees that Marco fought King and Queen for a period of time. At a point, Queen went on to fight Chopper and then Sanji.

We then see King and Queen standing, Marco down and Sanji down. While we hear from Sanji that even though Queen was fighting him, King and Queen both participated in knocking him down.

Meaning King could beat Marco offscreen before he and Queen joined together to knock Sanji down as well. (And before you show your outrage, yes Marco was nerfed. I don't disagree with that.)

I still scale Marco over King when it comes to speed however the fact that he could beat him shows their speeds are comparable. And until Katakuri and Snakeman are proven to be faster than/can keep up with Marco, the person who kept up with Kizaru btw, it is only logical to scale both of them lower than Marco and King.

Nobody is saying King is gonna speed blitz Kat. I still think their speeds are comparable, King, who's main fighting style revolves around speed, is just faster.

I mean the limit of Katakuri's dodging speed was Snakeman. King was keeping up with Marco and could convincingly beat him. Do you really think Snakeman is faster than Marco given that Marco was fighting Kizaru, the fastest character in the verse, without getting overwhelmed during Marineford while Snakeman has shown no such thing yet?

I don't think the difference is waaay big or anything. King and Marco are just faster than Katakuri and can land hits on him more consistently than Luffy could.
Post automatically merged:

Having insecurities about their body images alone doesn't make them the same character lol. I think King's insecurities would be due to some racial features or due to some past interaction with Celestial Dragons - similar to Boa rather than like Katakuri.

Plus they have drastically different personalities. King absolutely doesn't give a fuck about the means with which he reaches the end while Katakuri clearly does and is a honourable fighter.
Keep in mind that the Katakuri that was dodging Snakeman had a hole blown through his stomach.

And i do think Snakeman is faster than Marco , no reason to think otherwise.

Gear 3 Luffy caught Kaido off guard and speed blitzed him with Red Rock :kayneshrug:
kaido doenst have fs
kata has and still got caught like a fodder :saden:
let s not forget fs user luffy caught like a clown by a big dino ulti
or can t even dodge boro breath something momo dodged

1- both of them are around the same age:
King: 47 years old
Katakuri: 48 years old

2- both of them are YC1 of their respective Yonko crew, and the right hand men of their captains

3- both of them wear the same manner of dark black edgy spiked leather clothes:

4- both of them say the same line in the anime:

5- both of them have bounties over 1 billion:
Katakuri: 1,057,000,000
King: 1,390,000,000

6- both them hide/cover their faces and get angry when someone sees it:

7- both of them have the same crimson red eye color:

8- both of them have tattoos on their bodies:

9- both of them have a calm, collected and stoic personality, preferring to talk less.

10- finally, both of them end up fighting the 2 strongest in the Straw Hats crew who have Conquerors Haki (Luffy & Zoro respectively) in 1v1.

Why is Oda repeating Katakuri's character for a second time in Wano?
Oda has to draw countless characters. There will be moments he runs out of original ideas. He copies stuff he thinks fans liked in previous characters, or he liked himself.

King is just not rip off Katakuri, his design also share similarities with Pica..the face. With Shiryuu..the Impel Down Warden look.

1 question did we have a chapter title to King in the 127 chapters in Wano?

I am curios, the other 2 calamities had a title for previous chapter. For Jack was in Zou, and Queen in Wano (udon saga).

King had no title in chapter and this even if 1 Calamity is alredy defeated.

Strange isnt it?

And here we have a topic that is comparing a full display characters in a full arc with someone that hasnt yet be introduce in a title chapter.