General & Others King Vs Zoro sucked: Morj Breakdsdown how dumb this fight was

The story of Wano itself

Loda....... :risitameh:

Only fight that was decent was Luffy vs Kaido, probably cause that's the only fight Oda also gave a fuck about
Post automatically merged:

morj is the dumbest guy in this fanbase

the flame on flame off thing doesnt even matter

it literally WAS about CoC and he beat him with his fucking flames on lol
Bro, Morj even addressed this in the stream also.

He said that this page makes zero sense if advanced conqueror's Zoro was not able to damage defence mode King.

The OP simply didn't include it.

The fact however remains that LOda massively flopped in this fight.

Zoro damaged flame on king because his invincibility have limit on how much damage he can took.
Look at the left bottom of this panel, flame on king is bleeding.

That's way he switch to offensive mode, create some distance and launch his strongest attack.
I admit @nik87 was right, zoro is one of the character with highest AP.
Zoro attack slice king strongest attack, his lunarian body (flame off still have high defence), sword clad with armament haki and his wing.

King was pretty cool, the anime has made him look better but Oda really did waste his character.

Since Oda admitted Kaido took only King when he went to Marineford, this would have been perfect to hype up King somehow but Oda still wont even tell, never mind show us how Shanks stopped Kaido from going to MF too.

King hasn't felt like a YC1 to me tbh, Katakuri was far more of a threat and presence and Oda hid Kings identity for too long too. Since Luffy never faced him and Jack too, it didn't help either character get potential hype by being his opponent temporarily either.

But in defense of King too, even as a Zoro stan, I found it absolutely awful writing tbh, (like peak Erza Scarlet tier writing with 99% of her bones broken or w/e destroying a meteor), when Zoro with 30 broken bones after tanking hakai, just took mink steroids and was able to mid diff King after a major CoC powerup too.
King not having CoC himself was the icing on that shitty cake too.

King deserved much better and the fact he's not even involved to see his race being disgustingly weaponised post humously/post genocide of said race, as child android soldiers or w/e is just staggering too.

Oda put so much effort into Kings design both before and especially after the reveal if his face and race but squandered him a lot.

I enjoyed the parallel of him and Zoro with their loyalty and respect for their captains but the fight felt forced and rushed.
Didn't feel like a Yonko Commander fight, especially a YC1 and this was the 1st SH aside from Luffy ofc, to fight a YC solo and win too especially.

The lack of awakened Zoans in a Beast Pirate themed Yonko is crew is truly unforgivable.
Not a single ancient zoan awakening either ffs as you said too.
I'm vainly coping Drake will get one but I doubt it too.
I like your post but to say Oda put alot of thought into King’s design is a lie. He’s dressed exactly like Katakuri but more shy and edgy lmfaoo. His face is a clone of that one guy from Skypeia, tattoo, hair and all.

We must hope the next YC1/RHM is done justice… Wait Yonko are a thing of the past lmao. And nobody hypes Shiryu over Kuzan.
:kobeha:

My favorite part of their fight was when Zoro concedes that he can’t possibly win if King keeps flying around out of reach but then no nonsense straight to the point King randomly decides to break character and humor Zoro with a swordsman fight and extend the fight then complains that he doesn’t even wanna draw the fight out once he sees that Zoro is stronger now lmao

King is dumb and deserved to lose the way he did tbh. Queen vs Sanji was more entertaining, atleast then we knew from the get go it was gonna be a goofy fight

Last edited:
There was no logic in that joke of a fight for 2 main reasons:
1) as you said the invisibility mode was removed for no reason.
2) zoro mastered coc in a matter of minutes. Not even the main character could do that.

Also king as a character was a wasted potential. A man that carried a sword but was no swordsman. He had a devil fruit that he didnt actually need, to fight. Had fire based abilities which eventually turned out to be really underwhelming and no adv haki. Basically he had little of everything yet he had mastered nothing.
(Same applies to queen. It seems that oda didnt know what abilities to give them and gave each one, far too many of them, but all were mediocre. Just variety but no effectiveness).
And for real, king of hell isnt a mode people. Its just zoro using coc and its also cringe as hell.