Character Discussion Kizaru is a complete psychopath and by far the most dangerous admiral

No, unlike Aokiji and Akainu he is just playing a role of man who is doing his job, because it is his job. Akainu possibly have some major goals and ideas how to change the world, while Kizaru is just there to be...if he was shiprighter he would be doing only his job and nothing more. Truth is that Kizaru is trying to search some fan on his job, but this never was main reasons of doing what he is going.

If you wanna understand Kizaru's justice you need to look at the scene with Kuma sending Straw Hats away

Kizaru understood what Kuma did but didn't act against him. If this was Akainu he would already be killing Kuma no questions asked.

But Kizaru didn't, he was UNCLEAR on what to do. He came there to capture/kill people, but when present with a totally different situation he didn't know what to do. Kizaru never petitioned to become FA because Kizaru can't think for himself.

Kizaru is unclear in his ways, he abides by orders and if something changes said order he is lost. He knows this and would make for a terrible FA so he never wanted to become one.

Instead he became someone who follows orders
/Thread

Akainu >> Kizaru in terms of deadlines

Kizaru is "Unclear Justice" for a reason.

A lot of his actions can actually be said to give his opponents more of a chance than they deserve, because even when he has people in his power he doesn't follow through for no outright or discernible reason. Compared to Aokiji and Akainu who always do seem to rationalize their actions.

- Kizaru could have killed Hawkins with just a single beam to the head but chose to answer a den den mushi call instead.
- Kizaru basically toyed with the Strawhats, dragging out his killing of Zoro by giving Usopp, Brook & Robin a chance to act before Rayleigh stepped in.
- Kizaru kicks Luffy around a lot in Marineford without actually killing him. He even gives Luffy a speech about how he can't save anyone without adequate strength then kicks him towards Whitebeard.
- Kizaru shoots the key for Ace's cuffs instead of Luffy himself.
- Kizaru stops himself from shooting Law's submarine just because Koby was about to give a speech. You could even say he purposefully missed hitting Buggy earlier when he was carrying Jimbe & Luffy.
- He's the one that says that the Navy should give up on chasing Luffy and count him lucky after doing his barrage to follow up Aokiji's freezing of the sea.

One could very well say that this is someone who doesn't really seem to want to do the things it looks like he intends to do. There's no clarity to his actions.

If you wanna understand Kizaru's justice you need to look at the scene with Kuma sending Straw Hats away

Kizaru understood what Kuma did but didn't act against him. If this was Akainu he would already be killing Kuma no questions asked.

But Kizaru didn't, he was UNCLEAR on what to do. He came there to capture/kill people, but when present with a totally different situation he didn't know what to do. Kizaru never petitioned to become FA because Kizaru can't think for himself.

Kizaru is unclear in his ways, he abides by orders and if something changes said order he is lost. He knows this and would make for a terrible FA so he never wanted to become one.

Instead he became someone who follows orders
This

Kizaru is not a psychopath, not even close. Character-wise, he's the extreme form of a phlegmatic guy.
A phlegmatic person does not usually get emotional or excited about things
He just seems like a really neutral man, but that's different from a psychopath who usually actively looks out for that smoke.

Sadist psychopaths are characters like Lucci, Doflamingo, possibly Crocodile and Hawkins too.

That’s why he messed around with them, and said “oooooohhhh that loooks painful” while he slowly pelted Marco with lasers.
I really don't remember an episode in which Borsalino was highlighted for sadism.
He's a guy that takes nothing personal and out of the Admirals he looks like the one that takes his seat as a job and nothing more, he's not that much invested in it..

I really don't remember an episode in which Borsalino was highlighted for sadism.
He's a guy that takes nothing personal and out of the Admirals he looks like the one that takes his seat as a job and nothing more, he's not that much invested in it..
“Don’t forget, my flimsy little friends, I’m here too.”
“Awwww looks painful. Why don’t you take a nice, long rest~“
- Kizaru to Supernovas

I can’t really see Akainu or Aokiji insulting or playing with their opponents like Kizaru

Kizaru is pretty sinister with how detached he seems to be from everything but I don't believe he particularly sadistic. I think his sarcasm and way of speaking just highlight his strenght as he can afford to be casual even against powerful fighters.

- Kizaru to Supernovas

I can’t really see Akainu or Aokiji insulting or playing with their opponents like Kizaru
Luffy also plays with his opponents sometimes (he even used a navy soldier as a puppet in EL), yeah I don't think Oda intent to portray him as a sadist.

- Kizaru to Supernovas

Borsalino first quote was cause Supernovae were literally forgetting about his presence lol

I think that's just his joyful and relaxed attitude, he's not that bad of a man

Sakazuki, who is not a psychopath imo, would probably get angry for them just standing in front of him and have a much more extreme reaction for example

Real examples of sadism are the following:
- Doflamingo parasiting Rebecca to kill Viola, or Riku to kill his own men, or his treatment of Bellamy in Jaya
- Lucci's backstory and whole character (more of a psychopath than a sadist tho)
- Hawkins torturing Law and blackmailing/beating Killer
I could go on...

Borsalino is a decent man tbh if you leave aside the face that he oversees what the Celestial Dragons do on a daily basis

EDIT - You could say he has schizoid tendencies

Last edited:
Kizaru is not a psychopath, not even close. Character-wise, he's the extreme form of a phlegmatic guy.
A phlegmatic person does not usually get emotional or excited about things
He just seems like a really neutral man, but that's different from a psychopath who usually actively looks out for that smoke.

Sadist psychopaths are characters like Lucci, Doflamingo, possibly Crocodile and Hawkins too.
Crocodile is not a psychopath, he is a man aiming for a prize and is rather ruthless but he clearly has compassion and can be reasoned with.

Last edited: