Fanclub Kuraigana - Mihawk Fan Club

Does Mihawk have COC?

• Yes

• No

• May be

Results are only viewable after voting.
I haven't seen the raw bc there's a watermark over Zoro's line in the raws we have on WG, but it makes sense. It's also Zoro putting that kiddo in his place, like telling him he's weak. Kid probably thinks he's a real badass :suresure:

Mihawk hyyyyyyype! Even after staying with him for 2 years, Zoro thinks he's inhuman in the way he keeps his cool. Mihawk doesn't show effort very often, such as gritting his teeth like S-Hawk. LittleHawk has a long way to go...
Mihawk please adopt him and raise him among the monkeys

My theory about Mihawk's potential flashback:
Like y'all gotta stop looking at this panel in powerscaling perspective (Blackbeard, instantaneous sweat, etc.)

Y'all gotta look at this narratively. This is actually hyped for Mihawk since the Cross Guild incident. This reveals some hints of Mihawk's story and plot relevancy for the future. Mihawk definitely has a sad backstory (like 99% of OP characters) and it will be one of the best if done correctly.

As for my theory of Mihawk's backstory? I think Mihawk has a scar on his back. He probably got backstabbed by someone he trust (hence why he got disdain for trust).

Mihawk respected Zoro for saying that a scar on the back is a shame for swordsman. Not saying Mihawk is a terrible swordsman for having a back scar by any chance but fate just happens to be unlucky for him. So he trains so much and beat every opponents to the point that he got no one left to compete with him to regress his rage.

Mihawk saw potential in Zoro in Baratie so he made a vow to Zoro about surpassing him as he sees Zoro will be someone that Mihawk would never be. Mihawk is a "shameful" swordsman and a lone wolf while Zoro is an honorable swordsman with friends that supported him (the Strawhats).

Mihawk got some "humanity" back when he lived with Perona and Zoro for two years. He probably felt joy and happiness for the first time in his life since the "betrayal".

Mihawk is a tragic well written character or soon to be.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I can try to grab it myself it’s in PW4, if you fight Mihawk as Shanks and defeat him and Mihawk joins your side he makes a comment : “there’s no body who can stop us” or “the enemy will lose all confidence to fight”

PW4 is matched with random characters so may take me awhile.
Yo thanks. I haven't played those. It'd be great if you could drop it here, if you can get it lol.

My theory about Mihawk's potential flashback:
I don't think it's one big incident that made Mihawk who he is. It's who he's been from the beginning.

He was a prodigy at fighting and killing-- who would trust him? Who could he trust as a friend? I'm sure he's made a ton of enemies over his lifetime .

Younger Mihawk may have been more ambitious or even more optimistic, but I don't think there's some huge moment that broke him. It's just the nature of his goal + his personality.

If he had a turning point, it was watching Roger's execution and realizing that even the Pirate King could be brought down. If Oda decides to give him a tragic backstory, I could live with it, but it's his goal that drives him, not his past.
Post automatically merged:

Sandman is right. https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/mihawk-went-to-marineford-to-fight-newgate-–-analysis.30945/#post-3377865

Some PW3 quotes, couldn't find for PW4.
"Hey, Hawk Eye! Are you slacking off on purpose?" Shanks when he beats Mihawk
"My name is Dracule Mihawk! You must challenge me if you wish to be considered the strongest!"
"The strongest black blade and the swordsmanship... This is why I am the swordsman with no peer."
"The distance between he and I... seems to have shrunken a little." this must be the game's interpretation of what Mihawk said to WB
"Beating you would be meaningless now that you've lost an arm."

Sorry to say this but there's no mention of "skill" in any of his quotes but he's super bored and refuses to fight other people's fights. :jordanmf:

Does Mihawk have the best character introduction in all of One Piece and why is your answer yes?!
Wordy D Dee
Dr Hanners - 4th hr
02-01-23
Mihawk's introduction is the best in all of OP because we learn about him not just from his info box or his DF name. We hear hype before we even know his name!

His entrance is announced not with words, but with deeds. Even the veterans in this scene, Zeff and Krieg, are at a loss. Mihawk is presented as a force of nature that no one can fully understand.

And yet, despite that spectacular boat-busting explosive strike, when we see Mihawk, he's sailing along smoothly and silently, with his head down and his sword sheathed. Just who is this guy?

Oda could've gone full Oda and made Mihawk's appearance/behavior goofy or a gag, but instead we got this cool, calm, riddle-speaking, vampire-cavalier who's pretty much in control the scene for as long as he's present.

By the time we see him crossing swords with Zoro, we realize that he could kill Zoro if he wanted to, plus we already know he's killed indiscriminately. Yet, he spares Zoro, and that makes us wonder about him EVEN MORE.

He leaves just as randomly as he appeared. The ambiguity of Mihawk's behavior and words is very very much influenced by classical Japanese poetry. Metaphors, words with multiple meanings, hinting at an idea without outright stating it-- all of that is very Mihawk and makes him more intriguing.

What's great about his introduction is how much of his character we learn about in just 2 (2.5?) chapters. Because of Zoro's vow, we leave the scene assured that we'll see Mihawk again, but we're still not really sure if he's an ally or an enemy. Because Mihawk always keeps us guessing, we stay on the edge of our seats waiting for his next appearance.

Wordy D Dee
Dr Hanners - 4th hr
02-01-23
Mihawk's introduction is the best in all of OP because we learn about him not just from his info box or his DF name. We hear hype before we even know his name!

His entrance is announced not with words, but with deeds. Even the veterans in this scene, Zeff and Krieg, are at a loss. Mihawk is presented as a force of nature that no one can fully understand.

And yet, despite that spectacular boat-busting explosive strike, when we see Mihawk, he's sailing along smoothly and silently, with his head down and his sword sheathed. Just who is this guy?

Oda could've gone full Oda and made Mihawk's appearance/behavior goofy or a gag, but instead we got this cool, calm, riddle-speaking, vampire-cavalier who's pretty much in control the scene for as long as he's present.

By the time we see him crossing swords with Zoro, we realize that he could kill Zoro if he wanted to, plus we already know he's killed indiscriminately. Yet, he spares Zoro, and that makes us wonder about him EVEN MORE.

He leaves just as randomly as he appeared. The ambiguity of Mihawk's behavior and words is very very much influenced by classical Japanese poetry. Metaphors, words with multiple meanings, hinting at an idea without outright stating it-- all of that is very Mihawk and makes him more intriguing.

What's great about his introduction is how much of his character we learn about in just 2 (2.5?) chapters. Because of Zoro's vow, we leave the scene assured that we'll see Mihawk again, but we're still not really sure if he's an ally or an enemy. Because Mihawk always keeps us guessing, we stay on the edge of our seats waiting for his next appearance.
I love everything about your well thought out response! Mihawk shows us exactly how a top tier should act.