Fanclub Kuraigana - Mihawk Fan Club

Does Mihawk have COC?

• Yes

• No

• May be

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can we get some good nickname suggestions for Mihawk and a similar thread name update, mostly to annoy the haters even more.

I have few suggestions
Tophawk (Being the strongest, Top 1)
Top1
PTSDhawk (Based on him causing PTSD to quite a few fanbases)
Godhawk is the best , but no need to annoy those losers

Hello friends. I recently caught up with some of the latest chapters (and ofc the mandatory Godhawk slander from insecure stans lol). I was wondering which option for Mihawk’s backstory y’all would prefer

1. Mihawk being the son of Ray and Shakky

2. Mihawk being part of the Nerona/Imu family

3. Mihawk being just a random guy with no particular lineage who became the WSS

Option 1 has interesting potential with Mihawk being the only male Kuja we know of and being royalty on his mother’s side and whatever the Dark King epithet stands for. Option 2 would contrast with Shanks being from the Figarland family as revealed by Film Red and would give Mihawk reason to side with the WG and fight Zoro during the final war. He doesn’t necessarily have to believe in Imu’s agenda but he would fight on their side out of curiosity and desire to test Zoro and Luffy’s resolve. Option 3 would make Mihawk one of the only top tiers (if not the only top tier) without any special genetics or lineage whatsoever and would also contrast Shanks being Roger’s protege, Garling’s son/nephew/grandson etc. Personally I’m fine with any of the three options as long as it’s written well, however I suspect that since Zoro is a Shimotsuki Mihawk will be given a special bloodline too.

Hello friends. I recently caught up with some of the latest chapters (and ofc the mandatory Godhawk slander from insecure stans lol). I was wondering which option for Mihawk’s backstory y’all would prefer

Option 1 has interesting potential with Mihawk being the only male Kuja we know of and being royalty on his mother’s side and whatever the Dark King epithet stands for. Option 2 would contrast with Shanks being from the Figarland family as revealed by Film Red and would give Mihawk reason to side with the WG and fight Zoro during the final war. He doesn’t necessarily have to believe in Imu’s agenda but he would fight on their side out of curiosity and desire to test Zoro and Luffy’s resolve. Option 3 would make Mihawk one of the only top tiers (if not the only top tier) without any special genetics or lineage whatsoever and would also contrast Shanks being Roger’s protege, Garling’s son/nephew/grandson etc. Personally I’m fine with any of the three options as long as it’s written well, however I suspect that since Zoro is a Shimotsuki Mihawk will be given a special bloodline too.

Mihawk has to have a royal background, he's too sophisticated to be the son of pirates. This is a story where even Kuma was a King but the guy that lived alone in a castle isn't royalty himself?

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓

All options sound interesting. Number 2 could be very good if done properly. Any of these 3 is fine though, if written properly.

All 3 are acceptable choices, but option 2 would be particularly good for pushing Mihawk having top 1 CoC of all time agenda :madmonk:

Mihawk has to have a royal background, he's too sophisticated to be the son of pirates. This is a story where even Kuma was a King but the guy that lived alone in a castle isn't royalty himself?
I agree with Mihawk likely being royalty or nobility of some kind, but it brings up the question as to why he looked so shabby and beaten up in his childhood picture as drawn by Oda. If he was the child of Celestial Dragons, it seems extremely unlikely that they would allow him to dress that way and suffer the indignity of a beating. Ray could have been a king or prince in his past life that defected from nobility like Sabo did, that could be interesting too. Some readers also pointed out that the king of Lulusia seems to be based on Vlad the Impaler aka Vlad Dracula, who was descended from Vlad Dracul aka Vlad the Dragon. Getting into conspiracy theory territory here but maybe that has something to do with Mihawk as well.

All 3 are acceptable choices, but option 2 would be particularly good for pushing Mihawk having top 1 CoC of all time agenda :madmonk:
Option 2 would also somewhat explain why Mihawk only cares about his personal strength instead of trying to amass power and territories like the other yonko. Why bother playing little pirate games when his family sits at the very top of the world? Mihawk’s emphasis on personal development and growth could be an attempt to distinguish himself from his family and prove himself as more than a mere coattail rider that coasts along on the Nerona legacy.

Personally I would prefer Option 3 and given how Mihawk was targeted by the Navy after dissolution of Warlords I don't expect Option 2. We have Shanks who has gotten that thing already with Figarland thing, Sengoku respecting him in MF and Gorosei too during Reverie.

The shabby clothes in childhood also don't lend support to Option 2. Son of Ray and Shakky is big speculation, I am not aware of any hints to this and the story has not touched on it one bit, it would seem like a big pull out of the ass. Almost no connection shown with Roger Pirates of Mihawk, like he was making a name for himself and was present at Roger's execution along with other Warlords. It would be the best kept secret, Rayleigh the Dark King whose name fills the history books has a son called Mihawk who has gained a reputation as a renowned swordsman and then becomes the WSS.

Not aware of how bloodlines are seen in Japan but the Shimotsuki thing for Zoro is not that important in my eyes. It gives Zoro a connection to Ryuma and Wano and probably the void century. But it is the male descendants that are important, they carry the family name. Not a medical bio guy but even in animals the males compete for sex rights and hence the better genetics are passed on, the females in this regard seem less important.

I’m hoping Option 2 becomes canon
Would explain the eyes, his distant personality
And consistent high arrogance

The shabby clothes in childhood also don't lend support to Option 2. Son of Ray and Shakky is big speculation, I am not aware of any hints to this and the story has not touched on it one bit, it would seem like a big pull out of the ass. Almost no connection shown with Roger Pirates of Mihawk, like he was making a name for himself and was present at Roger's execution along with other Warlords. It would be the best kept secret, Rayleigh the Dark King whose name fills the history books has a son called Mihawk who has gained a reputation as a renowned swordsman and then becomes the WSS.
The Ray/Shakky/Mihawk theory is quite popular and stems from Mihawk wearing the same jacket pattern and high-collared style as young Rayleigh during the Edd War. Shakky also said that she quit piracy 40 years before the start of the series which would fall around Mihawk’s birthdate. She also does resemble Mihawk somewhat with her styled sideburns and tendency to scour the papers for information on up and coming pirates. During the Oden flashback, Roger says it has been a while since he held a baby, but Ace wasn’t born yet. So whose baby was he holding? You could argue baby Shanks but it could also have been another child belonging to Roger’s crewmate or vice captain.

I’m hoping Option 2 becomes canon
Would explain the eyes, his distant personality
And consistent high arrogance
It definitely explains the eyes but option 2 doesn’t account for the fact that Mihawk doesn’t look down on people because he thinks they were born inferior, he looks down on them because they’re weaker than he is, which doesn’t seem like a Celestial Dragon philosophy. He also seems to like it when other characters show positive and selfless traits, for example only agreeing to train Zoro because he bowed his head for Luffy’s sake. He’s very different from the vast majority of people in Mariejoa, that’s for sure.

From zoro's words in egghead Ig he should be from a royal family of dracula but not nerona or maybe it just some special race 🤔

Option 2 and for extra flavor he was trained in swordsmanship by Old Man Gingerland (who the previous WSS).

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

All 3 can be interesting, wouldnt mind whichever way of the 3 it goes.
If MF is blueprint of WG war, it would make option 2 most likely so Mihawk ends up on WG's side.
Being a Celestial Dragon would explain a lot.

option 2 is the one i am going for tbh