Current Events Kuzan Is A Contender For One Piece - Why Oda Doesn’t Care About Swordsmen

They called me crazy for saying Kuzan was Garp but on steroids. Garp tier puncher but with god tier Logia ontop of it.

Student always surpasses master remember that. Prime Kuzan is > Prime Garp. Just as Prime Akainu is, Kuzan is Akainu's nigh equal. No chance Akainu is weaker than Prime Sengoku at the very least.
You still crazy lmaoo, nowhere near Garp's Haki either. If Kuzan had ACoC, oda would've showed it during their clash. Imagine thinking current Kuxan takes either Primebeard or Roger to high diff let alone extreme diff like Garp would during his prime.

The second part lmaoooo, imagine thinking Kuzan defeats Roger or Primebeard.

You still crazy lmaoo, nowhere near Garp's Haki either. If Kuzan had ACoC, oda would've showed it during their clash. Imagine thinking current Kuxan takes either Primebeard or Roger to high diff let alone extreme diff like Garp would during his prime.

This site has a weird group of Admiral fans who just think the Admirals are straight up gods for no reason.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Garp doesn't either. There's no concrete reason for me to place Garp > Kuzan now, I had my doubts before Hachinosu but I think I'd bet on Kuzan atm. If it turns out he has no awakening then it's back to Garp.

Depending on what Akainu does going forward, Kuzan is gonna be looked back as a monster.

Garp doesn't either. There's no concrete reason for me to place Garp > Kuzan now, I had my doubts before Hachinosu but I think I'd bet on Kuzan atm. If it turns out he has no awakening then it's back to Garp.

Depending on what Akainu does going forward, Kuzan is gonna be looked back as a monster.
Garp doesn't either lmaoo what? All three Roger/Garp/WB are equal, so if you think he's stronger than Garp, that means he's stronger the rest which is laughable as there isn't even a single feat that shows Kuzan can take them to high diff for starters.

ZenZu

Garp doesn't either lmaoo what? All three Roger/Garp/WB are equal, so if you think he's stronger than Garp, that means he's stronger the rest which is laughable as there isn't even a single feat that shows Kuzan can take them to high diff for starters.
That's where the issue lies then, I do not have Garp equal with RogerBeard.

As for RogerBeard themselves, I don't know why I should believe Kuzan can't give them high diff either, Akainu certainly can in my mind (I very little doubts that FA Akainu is > FA Sengoku). Why should I exclude Kuzan from that?

That's where the issue lies then, I do not have Garp equal with RogerBeard.

As for RogerBeard themselves, I don't know why I should believe Kuzan can't give them high diff either, Akainu certainly can in my mind (I very little doubts that FA Akainu is > FA Sengoku). Why should I exclude Kuzan from that?
What are their feats to suggest that? Kuzan is literally worse than Akainu because we've seen fight and his Haki feats are nowhere near them. Why do you have Garp equal to them? Garp and Roger fought many times and neither of them won which shows their equality

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ

While it's true Garp was weaker than Rogerbeard, he still did fight them on many occasions, so we have concrete enough evidence to think he was at least within Roger's league. While this doesn't necessarily prove Kuzan can't do the same, we should give more weight to the man who pulled it off in actuality than to the man who we think could pull it off.

ZenZu

What are their feats to suggest that?
What are Garp's feats to suggest he is equals with Prime Whitebeard? What are Roger's feats to suggest he's mid diffing Kuzan?

Kuzan is literally worse than Akainu because we've seen fight and his Haki feats are nowhere near them. Why do you have Garp equal to them?
Akainu beat Kuzan in an extreme diff manner. They are extremely close in power, this is a much better claim than anything Garp has going for him with Roger. What has Garp shown for me to say he doesn't get pushed to extreme diff by either Akainu or Kuzan?

Garp and Roger fought many times and neither of them won which shows their equality
Did you bear witness to any of those fights? How strong were they, what were the circumstances? What I do know is Whitebeard was the only one called Roger's equal.

ZenZu

While it's true Garp was weaker than Rogerbeard, he still did fight them on many occasions, so we have concrete enough evidence to think he was at least within Roger's league. While this doesn't necessarily prove Kuzan can't do the same, we should give more weight to the man who pulled it off in actuality than to the man who we think could pull it off.
That's fair. Garp has portrayal on his side. But I think a lot of this is simply old gen gas. When it comes to substance I'm starting to think Kuzan can beat Prime Garp depending on how much he has left to show, his physicals being as impressive as they were (insinuating raw punching power on Garp's level) and him eating adCoC attacks did wonders for him imo. It really just depends how far off the version of Kuzan we saw on Hachinosu is from his full power.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
That's fair. Garp has portrayal on his side. But I think a lot of this is simply old gen gas. When it comes to substance I'm starting to think Kuzan can beat Prime Garp depending on how much he has left to show, his physicals being as impressive as they were (insinuating raw punching power on Garp's level) and him eating adCoC attacks did wonders for him imo. It really just depends how far off the version of Kuzan we saw on Hachinosu is from his full power.
I can see where you're coming from. Kuzan's got a broken fruit, and his physicals are this good, so it's only natural we'd think he should be given the benefit of doubt. Kuzan's base physical stats definitely took me by surprise. I mean I knew these guys are physical monsters, but I've never imagined it'd anywhere near DFless fighters like Garp. But thinking back, Kuzan's fighting style relies a lot more on his physical stats than we realize. I mean you can't beat top-tiers just by spreading ice across the battle field. Akainu is more or less the same too.

Kuzan was potrayed to have raw (haki off) punching strenght relative to Prime Garp (or at very least the version of Garp from 12 years ago considering the flaskback timeline). This is not hyperbole, this is literally how the flashback presented it with Kuzan's punch slowly progressing to making the exact same sound as those of Garp's.
Based on that point Garp is clearly not some kind of untouchable god that can't be matched by any other marine for Oda.
Garp obviously has more haki prowess going for him, but Kuzan has a busted logia that is fully mastered.
I still have Prime Garp above Kuzan, but Kuzan being equal or surpassing him would not be surprise me either.
If you believe brawling is Kuzan main fighting style, that Garp implying twice that Kuzan might have went soft against his former mentor didn't mean anything and these were just taunts, and that he absolutely went all out in Hachinosu, then yeah it'd be hard for him to be Prime Garp level

But Kuzan having shown his full arsenal seems unlikely to me, even more after that final spread presenting him as being one of the important players of the final saga. Oda isn't really the type to have characters show everything they have before it's their main/final moment. (We had to wait til Onigashima to learn that Big Mom could use souls on herself to power herself up and heal herself despite spending over 80 chapters with her on WCI)

ZenZu

But thinking back, Kuzan's fighting style relies a lot more on his physical stats than we realize. I mean you can't beat top-tiers just by spreading ice across the battle field. Akainu is more or less the same too.
This might be the case too, I'm just waiting to see what we get from the hie hie, magu magu etc. at its max. Perhaps awakening (if it even exists) is a legit deal breaker.

If it turns out they really do need to abandon all that flashy stuff and go right to hand to hand combat, then I'm comfortable placing Garp above all 3 of em, maybe not Akainu still cause his h2h is still super deadly.

What are Garp's feats to suggest he is equals with Prime Whitebeard? What are Roger's feats to suggest he's mid diffing Kuzan?
Garp fought Roger many times with intent to kill with neither being confirmed winner, that is higher than anything Kuzan has going on for him. Roger is top 3 easily with the best conqueror. Primebeard is the worse for Kuzan because Gura will always destroy Ice, then you add Haki ACoC which Kuzan hasnt shown and it's a walk in the park

Akainu beat Kuzan in an extreme diff manner. They are extremely close in power, this is a much better claim than anything Garp has going for him with Roger. What has Garp shown for me to say he doesn't get pushed to extreme diff by either Akainu or Kuzan?

Did you bear witness to any of those fights? How strong were they, what were the circumstances? What I do know is Whitebeard was the only one called Roger's equal.
If you can fight someone with intent to kill countless times then that means they're equal, they were both are equal.

Him taking ACoC punches from an Old Garp means nothing, Kuzan doesn't ACoC, neither does Kizaru, neither will Akainu