Current Events Kuzan Is A Contender For One Piece - Why Oda Doesn’t Care About Swordsmen

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
She looked super competitive with him. Equal is a hyperbole. And it's a fact she walked out of that fight with plenty left in the tank, she was nowhere near downed.
Her technique swatted away like it's nothing.
His version of the same attack?

She starts a TB & Kaidou responds to it with a TB of his own. Result?

Saying it looked competitive sounds a lot like saying Lucci vs Zoro looked competitive. It's just cheesing away feats for offpaneled exchanges when what was shown on panel directly contradicts any type of relativity between the characters involved. When Oda's intention behind the offpaneling was to set up the other pieces to move forward in the arc.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Her technique swatted away like it's nothing.
His version of the same attack?

She starts a TB & Kaidou responds to it with a TB of his own. Result?

Saying it looked competitive sounds a lot like saying Lucci vs Zoro looked competitive. It's just cheesing away feats for offpaneled exchanges when what was shown on panel directly contradicts any type of relativity between the characters involved.
Nah you're not gonna convince me it wasn't competitive. You're saying something but I'm seeing something else entirely. She can keep up with him, take his attacks, and dish attacks back at him without rest.

She walked away from that fight relatively fine, we've seen much worse.

Kaidou was stronger but she can hang.

Old Garp is much stronger than Yamato, and she was able to completely hold off a Hybrid Kaidou by herself and still had a lot left in the tank before Luffy intervened. Kaidou was nowhere near putting her down.

If Hybrid Kaidou could damn near be portrayed as equal to Hybrid Yamato, Hybrid Kaidou would look worse against Old Garp.

Kuzan was not going all out, these old top tiers are not being taken down by anything less than high diff by even the strongest top tiers. A hesitating Kuzan is obviously not gonna look decisively above him, but at the end of the day Garp got packed up fairly quickly, Kuzan had plenty more left in the tank, Shiryu stabbing Kuzan would not cover that gap.
That is not how it works. Kaido literally says in 1037 that it has been ages since anyone was able to go toe to toe with him which excludes yamato. Not only Kaido starts using FS , he also starts using much higher level end attacks like roaring TB. Basic TB was withstood by law where as roaring TB almost put post adv coc G4 down with one hit.

Kaido went from getting hurt by base G2-G3 adv coc attacks to tanking adv coc KKG.

It goes like Full power V2 Hybrid Kaido >> Hybrid Kaido > Old garp (Old garp has better speed and DC but lacks endurance) > Kuzan (got dominated by old garp)

And at last time kuzan was shocked and baffled from old garp's speed.
Post automatically merged:

And Yamato has not the same lvl of AP and adv CoC as Garp has, dude is legit spamming town size shockwave alone by his adv CoC....

Kaido's no named attack showed bigger DC. And old garp's AP sucks tbh.

ZenZu

That is not how it works. Kaido literally says in 1037 that it has been ages since anyone was able to go toe to toe with him which excludes yamato. Not only Kaido starts using FS , he also starts using much higher level end attacks like roaring TB. Basic TB was withstood by law where as roaring TB almost put post adv coc G4 down with one hit.

Kaido went from getting hurt by base G2-G3 adv coc attacks to tanking adv coc KKG.

It goes like Full power V2 Hybrid Kaido >> Hybrid Kaido > Old garp (Old garp has better speed and DC but lacks endurance) > Kuzan (got dominated by old garp)

And at last time kuzan was shocked and baffled from old garp's speed.
What do you mean that's not how it works?

Kaidou was in Hybrid and going apeshit against a non top tier. Kuzan was hesitating against a bona-fide top tier.

That's exactly how it works. Kaidou had to lock in to up his lvl, that doesn't mean Hybrid Kaidou is suddenly a mid diff for his drunk version. But the point remains, Kuzan was hesitating and also apparently not going all out....so whatever you say for Kaidou may as well apply here except his opponent wasn't the girl who got ignored by Greenbull, it was someone on the level or stronger than the man who made Yonkou BB shit his pants.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
She can keep up with him, take his attacks, and dish attacks back at him without rest.
Kaidou was just responding to whatever Yamato was trying with stronger attacks of his own, which either sent Yamato flying or had her visibly hurt.
He wasn't being proactive like he was against Luffy, it was a Father disciplining his Daughter who he intended to make the Shogun of Wano.

She walked away from that fight relatively fine, we've seen much worse.
Yes, why would Kaidou even kill his own Daughter who he clearly intends to make the next Ruler of Wano?

Kaidou was stronger but she can hang.
When he is disciplining her? Maybe.
You saw how Hybrid Kaidou fights when he is actually looking to kill someone when he duked it out with Gear 5.

This fight was no where near as "competitive" as Old Garp vs Kuzan was or Hybrid Kaidou vs Gear 5 was.

Kaidou was in Hybrid and going apeshit against a non top tier. Kuzan was hesitating against a bona-fide top tier.

That's exactly how it works. Kaidou had to lock in to up his lvl, that doesn't mean Hybrid Kaidou is suddenly a mid diff for his drunk version. But the point remains, Kuzan was hesitating and also apparently not going all out....so whatever you say for Kaidou may as well apply here except his opponent wasn't the girl who got ignored by Greenbull, it was someone on the level or stronger than the man who made Yonkou BB shit his pants.
You can't compare hybrid Kaido against yamato to full power hybrid Kaido we later see against Luffy. As I said Kaido's higher end attacks >> his mid ranged attacks like basic TB. He went from getting hurt by base luffy's attacks to tanking over kong gun.

Kaido throughout the fight was slowly going all out.

? Yamato was literally not allowed to fight against GB. She didn't even bother to use hybrid or ice manipulation. One nameless attack from yamato and GB said it was an impressive attack. I don't know why admiral fans downplay yamato when both luffy and yamato later agree she would be enough to prevent someone from GB to take over wano. Hence luffy was relieved.

ZenZu

You can't compare hybrid Kaido against yamato to full power hybrid Kaido we later see against Luffy. As I said Kaido's higher end attacks >> his mid ranged attacks like basic TB. He went from getting hurt by base luffy's attacks to tanking over kong gun.

Kaido throughout the fight was slowly going all out.

? Yamato was literally not allowed to fight against GB. She didn't even bother to use hybrid or ice manipulation. One nameless attack from yamato and GB said it was an impressive attack. I don't know why admiral fans downplay yamato when both luffy and yamato later agree she would be enough to prevent someone from GB to take over wano. Hence luffy was relieved.
Bruh...GB ignored Yamato after eating a full momentum adCoC strike with no damage. She wasn't even on his radar.

Prior to that scene I had more respect for her, after that I realized she's not even worth an Admiral's time.

Bruh...GB ignored Yamato after eating a full momentum adCoC strike with no damage. She wasn't even on his radar.

Prior to that scene I had more respect for her, after that I realized she's not even worth an Admiral's time.
A nameless swing from base Yamato which Greenbull responded to as tough Haki, in a context of Momo specifically telling Yamato not to further interfere?

ZenZu

A nameless swing from base Yamato which Greenbull responded to as tough Haki, in a context of Momo specifically telling Yamato not to further interfere?
Yes...I couldn't believe it didn't even draw blood.

Jozu did it preskip when it was far more rare for top tiers to bleed. Don't even get me started on Kaidou, and yet a full momentum adCoC cheapshot did nothing. That's when I realized she's nothing more than an annoyance at best to Admirals.

Why would she be when she does nothing after one attack. And that was a nameless attack from base yamato. Even wounded Kinnemon was not K.O.ed by base Kaido's nameless adv coc attack which is stronger than base yamato's.

Luffy was relived and said yamato can be a good deterrent to guy's like GB.

ZenZu

Luffy was relived and said yamato can be a good deterrent to guy's like GB.
Lmaoooo

GB: I'm on my way to Wano
Akainu: Hold up they have Yamato
GB: 😨

Luffy says he's gonna be PK since chapter 1 and everyone gives him a big ass smile of reassurance. Imagine taking something like this at face value.

Yamato is Wano's strongest fighter, ofcourse she needs to remain there if she wants to not be a dick to her people. GB was so strong and shocking to her she changed her entire dream of leaving. In other words GB scared her so bad she stopped being Oden for once 😂

Lmaoooo

GB: I'm on my way to Wano
Akainu: Hold up they have Yamato
GB: 😨

Luffy says he's gonna be PK since chapter 1 and everyone gives him a big ass smile of reassurance. Imagine taking something like this at face value.

Yamato is Wano's strongest fighter, ofcourse she needs to remain there if she wants to not be a dick to her people. GB was so strong and shocking to her she changed her entire dream of leaving. In other words GB scared her so bad she stopped being Oden for once 😂
? I mean luffy will become PK.

I mean that is the point? Yamato saw someone like GB and hence stopped as she knew she is needed to prevent characters like GB taking over wano? That is the whole point.

Luffy acknowledge so also.

ZenZu

? I mean luffy will become PK.

I mean that is the point? Yamato saw someone like GB and hence stopped as she knew she is needed to prevent characters like GB taking over wano? That is the whole point.

Luffy acknowledge so also.
Yes...no one is saying Yamato will never reach that lvl, just as Luffy will eventually become PK.

Luffy's not gonna tell Yamato, you're too weak to be Wano's defender tf. And Yamato after witnessing GB power won't leave Wano hanging as it's strongest fighter.

Yes...no one is saying Yamato will never reach that lvl, just as Luffy will eventually become PK.

Luffy's not gonna tell Yamato, you're too weak to be Wano's defender tf. And Yamato after witnessing GB power won't leave Wano hanging as it's strongest fighter.
? Luffy does not believe in near future yamato can do that. They are talking about current yamato lol. GB was a very present threat. From now on as Kaido and BP are no longer in wano , it is easy for other characters to attack it. Luffy left knowing that yamato is strong enough to hold her own.

If one nameless attack from base yamato had GB acknowledge her , you can imagine what hybrid yamato's named attack can do.

ZenZu

? Luffy does not believe in near future yamato can do that. They are talking about current yamato lol. GB was a very present threat. From now on as Kaido and BP are no longer in wano , it is easy for other characters to attack it. Luffy left knowing that yamato is strong enough to hold her own.

If one nameless attack from base yamato had GB acknowledge her , you can imagine what hybrid yamato's named attack can do.
Bro wtf are you yapping about what's your point?

You took a scene where Luffy believes and is supporting his friend (just like they do with Luffy makes any statement about becoming PK or anything else) and twisting it into some nonsense.

Fact of the matter is Yamato is like 20% of Wano's military might, her leaving Wano when people like GB can come in is extremely selfish behaviour. GB forced her to give up on her dream of leaving, and made her stop acting like Oden for once, that speaks volumes.

Bro wtf are you yapping about what's your point?

You took a scene where Luffy believes and is supporting his friend (just like they do with Luffy makes any statement about becoming PK or anything else) and twisting it into some nonsense.

Fact of the matter is Yamato is like 20% of Wano's military might, her leaving Wano when people like GB can come in is extremely selfish behaviour. GB forced her to give up on her dream of leaving, and made her stop acting like Oden for once, that speaks volumes.
? It is not any panel lol. It literally reinforces because luffy saw both yamato's and GB's power and was satisfied that yamato is enough to prevent GB from taking over wano along side momo and scabbards.

Cool. But it again reinforces that yamato + wano allies can prevent someone like GB from taking over.