General & Others Let’s just admit it; Oda has been milking this series for a long time now

You’re not coming to this realization for the first time, are you? I knew back in Dressrosa when he split the Straw Hats up indefinitely that the padding was officially out of control :few:
Yup the moment he did that so he could focus on characters like Rebecca running around, and balancing out Doffy's crew (which they were still too overwhelmed by the forces there even with half of the crew cut out), it was over for that arc and the series, cause so much time was wasted.

Last edited:

Tyrant MUUGEN

天下無双
I'm not hating on him for it, hell if I were him I would do the same. But lets not act like Oda needed 1000+ chapters to tell this story for the sake of quality, because he didn't. One Piece is as long as it is because its Oda's golden goose. Its one of the most profitable titles in the manga industry and hence it is in Oda's interests to keep the series running for as long as he did.

By constantly adding new plot points, mysteries, and characters, Oda has largely inflated a story that could have easily been told in half the runtime. Don't believe me? Look at literally any other series. Demon slayer is only about 200 chapters long, that's just two arcs worth of one piece, and yet it is one of shonen jump's best selling series(yes, I know this is because of the anime. But maybe if OP wasn't so long, a better studio might have taken interest in it). Just so you can understand how much Oda has dragged out this story:
  • The road poneglyphs, the literal keys to one piece, were only introduced about 800 chapters into the series
  • Imu, the final villain and leader of the world government, was only introduced 900 chapters into the series
  • integral characters such as Blackbeard, Akainu, Dragon, Garp, Mihawk, and Shanks are still yet to play a significant role in the series
  • The dreams of some straw hats, such as Sanji, chopper, and Nami, have literally never been relevant to the main plot
  • The world government, despite being the main villains of the series, is poorly developed
    • ex. Oda doesn't really explore the culture or the known history of the world government; he makes the celestial dragons so cartoonishly evil and stupid that it is honestly hard to believe they have had so much power for so long
There is no reason it should take Oda over 20 years to reach the integral parts of his story. When I first started watching one piece, I was really hyped to see the part where Dragon or Shanks got into the story.... that was like 6 years ago. Now, Luffy has asspulled himself to being nearly top tier and I just don't care about them that much. It sure would have been nice to see Luffy have to learn things from Shanks or his father, oh well...

Here's the thing. With One Piece, Oda essentially gamed the manga industry. He created a simple and repeatable arc formula, a cast of likable but unchanging characters, and a lore to keep fans invested; all of these things allow Oda to drag this series on as much as humanely possible. I for one think it would have been better if Oda focused more on creating a quality story, than being in serialization as long as time itself.
YOU DO REALIZE HE NEVER EVEN PLANNED THE SERIES TO GO ON FOR THIS LONG CROCODILE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE JUST ABOUT THE PINNACLE OF ONE PIECE AND A FINAL ANTAGONIST.

if u notice in naroto manga ending it was rush and felt unormal and retconed...

they try make naroto manga last longer just like OP and force koshomoto to lenghten manga.. but koshomoto got mad and retconed $hit out of ending so he can finish manga kuik and rest...so he sundely got rid of madara and he creat kagoya character from nowhere..

so its all about money..

Sir Tuna Sandwich II

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu

they try make naroto manga last longer just like OP and force koshomoto to lenghten manga.. but koshomoto got mad and retconed $hit out of ending so he can finish manga kuik and rest...so he sundely got rid of madara and he creat kagoya character from nowhere..

so its all about money..
And than he made Baruto: the next dum-dum
Fuck Kishimoto he far worse than Oda

so its all about money..
Everything is about money. We are all slaves to it!

Honestly, for trying to write stuff... those kind of things have a way to grow out of your hand. I mean, my very first attempt was supposed to just be 50 pages long... it ended several hundreds.

And Oda's built such a large world that obviousmly the risks of it growing out of his hands was always gonna be astronomical.

B

Ballel

Oda is already loaded. he obviously does not care about money.
Oda wants to tell his story. thats it.
it takes as much time as it takes.
That's how a regular person would think.
But for someone who is addicted
to money this logic does not apply. They still want more , whether they need it or not, whether more money gives them a real benefit or not.
The brain of an addict is structured in a way that makes the person center all their actions, their whole life around getting more of their drug.

That's how a regular person would think.
But for someone who is addicted
to money this logic does not apply. They still want more , whether they need it or not, whether more money gives them a real benefit or not.
The brain of an addict is structured in a way that makes the person center all their actions, their whole life around getting more of their drug.
Great now your saying his addicted to money with no real evidence and havnt met the guy ,he can't just want to write his manga the way he wants, he must have a addiction fuck off.