General & Others Let’s just admit it; Oda has been milking this series for a long time now

So you think he just enjoys working 6-7 days a week, and sleeping 2-3 hours a night, spending days if not weeks away from his family, for the past 23 years and counting, for sake of "Milking" the series? :seriously:
he's obviously passionate about his work and lets not forget what japanese work culture is like

But if we ask ourselves, is One Piece long by necessity? I think the obvious answer is no, its not. Instead of focusing on the integral parts of the story, Oda spent most of the serialization focusing on what were essentially side quests, and dragging out these side stories as much as possible.

And while I think this formula did work pre-skip, I think it was a mistake on Oda's part not to change it up after marineford.

I think its more of a Jump thing than Oda. They wont let their cash cow OP to end
Um no. Oda literally admits he creates things out his ass on the spot. It’s all Oda. Oda even admits how arrogant he is.
Post automatically merged:

So you think he just enjoys working 6-7 days a week, and sleeping 2-3 hours a night, spending days if not weeks away from his family, for the past 23 years and counting, for sake of "Milking" the series? :seriously:
Cry me a freaking a river! Y’all love to stroke off to Oda. Oda literally admits he creates things out his ass on the spot where even he even contradicts his own editors. His editors said that WCI was going to end soon but then Oda extended even longer because he admitted he thought of stuff out his ass.

What good is all that money if you're working yourself to death and have no time to yourself to even spend it? :kaidowhat:

Dude has enough money to retire 20 times over. Pretty sure, he's not in if for the cash at this point.
Dude you’re talking out your ass. The evidence says otherwise. If Oda doesn’t care about money than why is Nami and Robbin boobs bigger post time skip? Why is there so much more fanservice post time skip if Oda didn't care about money? If Oda doesn’t care about money than why was Oda angry at Kishimoto because Naruto was making more sales than One piece internationally? Y’all just want to stroke off Oda. Oda doesn’t give an f about y’all. Y’all act like Oda is your family or something

Last edited:
when did he do this?
Many examples. It was am interview between a conversation he had with Kishimoto. Oda literally admits he hated Kishimoto before they even met in person because Naruto was doing better in sales than One Piece internationally. Another example is when Oda literally tells his editors that, I am paraphrasing "One Piece is my story so don't try to change that".

Oh, I don't believe in that even for a second, maybe back in the days when Oda was paying attention to his writing, he was, indeed sleeping 5/6 hours a day, but not 3, and not now. Oda doesn't give a shit what he writes, people eat his shit while calling every chapter "peak fiction." Oda isn't Elon Musk ok, he's not running 3 corporations at the same time, he's just writing a story with insanely poor quality while having at least 3 editors to help him. There's no fucking way that Oda sleeps 3 hours a day, for what fucking reason? Are you telling me that writing one piece is so fucking difficult and time consuming that Oda doesn't have a time to sleep? Oh give me a break with this shit.
Even for the sake of argument, let us suppose that One Piece is so hard that Oda only sleeps three hours a day. That argument just further proves that Oda is milking the serious. He doesn't need to keep writing it especially if he is only sleeping three hours a day. He is doing all that to himself.

ah I see. I new about this, I didn't see this as 'arrogant' tho.
Well, it IS his story. But writing an entire story as asingle person will not always lead to the best results. Oda should accept this
Well I kinda disagree, because it was never his story in the beginning. In the beginning the editors helped Oda create the story that it is now. It was a joint effort at the beginning where obviously it was Oda that had the biggest influence but now Oda admits that it is all him which is just further evidence why the quality has dipped because now Oda has no editors to keep him at bay. Which is why the editors contradict Oda in WCI when they said it was going to end soon but Oda extended even longer which is proof that the editors have no power anymore.

Last edited:
B

Ballel

Even for the sake of argument, let us suppose that One Piece is so hard that Oda only sleeps three hours a day. That argument just further proves that Oda is milking the serious. He doesn't need to keep writing it especially if he is only sleeping three hours a day. He is doing all that to himself.

Well I kinda disagree, because it was never his story in the beginning. In the beginning the editors helped Oda create the story that it is now. It was a joint effort at the beginning where obviously it was Oda that had the biggest influence but now Oda admits that it is all him which is just further evidence why the quality has dipped because now Oda has no editors to keep him at bay. Which is why the editors contradict Oda in WCI when they said it was going to end soon but Oda extended even longer which is prove the editors have no power anymore.
Odas editors nowadays are just fanboys

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

Well I kinda disagree, because it was never his story in the beginning. In the beginning the editors helped Oda create the story that it is now. It was a joint effort at the beginning where obviously it was Oda that had the biggest influence but now Oda admits that it is all him which is just further evidence why the quality has dipped because now Oda has no editors to keep him at bay. Which is why the editors contradict Oda in WCI when they said it was going to end soon but Oda extended even longer which is proof that the editors have no power anymore.
Oh yeah, just look at how intricated the Wano plot is.

There are so many elements to discuss about several books could be written about just one arc. It's a staggering notion.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Oda clearly doesn't want OP to end as he lives and breathes OP. The series to known to extend further and further beyond it's normal deadlines because Oda keeps adding new ideas on the fly. WCI was supposed to be a short rescue arc but he kept adding new ideas which, in his own words, made it too long in his and he had to cut it short.

So its not really that he's trying to milk the series per say, just that he keeps adding more and more ideas even when they're not necessary.

Oh, I don't believe in that even for a second, maybe back in the days when Oda was paying attention to his writing, he was, indeed sleeping 5/6 hours a day, but not 3, and not now. Oda doesn't give a shit what he writes, people eat his shit while calling every chapter "peak fiction." Oda isn't Elon Musk ok, he's not running 3 corporations at the same time, he's just writing a story with insanely poor quality while having at least 3 editors to help him. There's no fucking way that Oda sleeps 3 hours a day, for what fucking reason? Are you telling me that writing one piece is so fucking difficult and time consuming that Oda doesn't have a time to sleep? Oh give me a break with this shit.
Love this bc its so true.

Yes it is absolutely true. One can understand this by giving extreme importance to irrelevant characters. This leads to ultimate dragging of plot which makes arc boring. And also we can see random inconsistencies which are not even subtle. Wano itself has lot of inconsistencies which makes me believe that Oda and his bootlicking editors won't even give a second look on the content. They are writing just to mint money. There will be a day one piece fandom goes to zero. Sad ending of the ultimate masterpiece.