Character Discussion "Liar" Mont Blanc Noland met the Giant Elders Jorul and Jarul 400 years ago

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
โ€Ž
Usopp has been thoroughly connected to Liar Noland through his journeys in the sea. Usopp's power-ups come from Dials he found thanks to researching Noland's past and travelling to Skypiea, and the Pop Greens he found during the Time Skip. So, Botany, and Skypiea, two things Noland is heavily attached to.

Noland is also famous for saving the Tontatta of Green Bit in Dressrosa, and is worshipped as a hero of theirs.

However, if you look closely, roughly 30 years after Noland was born, the Giant Elders Jarul and Jorul (RIP) were born... and, since we know Noland had travelled to Green Bit, and was an explorer, it is highly likely he travelled to the nation of Elbaf, which is also located in the New World.

Jorul was sadly killed in Linlin's rage, but, Jarul, as far as we know, is still alive.

I believe Usopp will meat with Jarul in Elbaf, and learn directly about Noland's journey from him.

This will further connect Skypiea and Elbaf as sister arcs, which many have already speculated about due to the "Giant Jack" in Skypiea heavily referencing Jack and the Beanstalk, a talk about a giant who lives in the clouds.

Noland will be a key piece in helping Usopp connect to the Giants of Elbaf.

In this scenario, Jorul and Jarul would have been young children when they met Noland, and would most likely remember him with either great fondness, or have a beef with him based on a lie (since that's kind of Noland's stick, as well as Usopp's).

SKYPIEA STAYS IMPORTANT READ IT @K!NG HARA$H!MA

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
More Noland lore is always welcomed

Yeah. It would be nice to see more about Noland. I'm not sure if anything would contradict him going to Elbaf, so I guess it's reasonable enough.

What if Noland had a son, and his son's son or whatever is currently on Elbaf, and he looks just like the other guy.

Except the new guy's name will be like Montblanc Nelly or something

Last edited:
I really doubt it. When Noland traveled to Green Bit, Jorul and Jarul were about 7~8 years old, which would be equivalent of 2 and a half human years (in other words, they were still babies, although I'm not sure if the giants develop like humans). At the year of Noland's death, they were about 12 years old (4 years old as giants) and would be old enough to remember things, but I believe that he just went to Jaya and soon after was executed by the Lvneel's king due to his failure to show the "City of Gold"... I doubt that the king would let him travel further when his goal was seeing Shandora.

I really doubt it. When Noland traveled to Green Bit, Jorul and Jarul were about 7~8 years old, which would be equivalent of 2 and a half human years (in other words, they were still babies, although I'm not sure if the giants develop like humans). At the year of Noland's death, they were about 12 years old (4 years old as giants) and would be old enough to remember things, but I believe that he just went to Jaya and soon after was executed by the Lvneel's king due to his failure to show the "City of Gold"... I doubt that the king would let him travel further when his goal was seeing Shandora.
Yeah that's right he had a specific reason to be at Jaya. Though, oddly, his name has shown up in other places.

Yeah that's right he had a specific reason to be at Jaya. Though, oddly, his name has shown up in other places.
He did travel to Green Bit and certainly to many other places (Sabaody and Fishman Island, for example, if he didn't took the WG standard route), probably following the route he was taking until Jaya (1st expedition). He could even have gone as far as Elbaf, I'm not doubting that; what I'm saying is that's very unlikely that Jorul or Jarul remember him.

He did travel to Green Bit, probably following the route he was taking until Jaya (1st expedition). He could even have gone as far as Elbaf, I'm not doubting that; what I'm saying is that's very unlikely that Jorul or Jarul remember him.
They don't necessarily have to directly associate with him. Through indirect means, such as Noland leaving a legacy behind there, a storyline can be produced.

Personally remembering him may be unreasonable. Maybe.