General & Others Lolda will never have Togashi's talent for writing groups of villains.

Note: I saw the sudden trend of making threads about comparing OP to other franchises,like "Who is the better character:Zoro or Vegeta" and "Who is the better character:Condom-Boy or Guts",and i'm jumping on the bandwagon. After all,we have to keep the forum entertaining somehow.
I binged HxH last year,and i was pleased with the quality of the power system,how intelligence is important both in the story itself and in understanding it,and also with the refreshing way Togashi writes villains.
While HxH only has one overarching group of villains and their writing is excellent,Lolda is always introducing new groups of villains but their writing is always horrible.
OP's groups of villains:
-They are always together just for common interests. They never have good dynamics,bonds or lives outside of opposing the good guys,and their interactions are always fighting over petty things,showing how they don't have good teamwork,and mocking each other for they failures.
-The writing of the henchmen villains is atrocious. Their personalities and traits are formulaic,which makes reading them a snoozefest. They are never allowed to do big things in matter of fights,power levels and activities in their roles as villains compared to the boss villains. Their fights against the good guys are low-quality,and are never impactful or important in the bigger picture of the story.
-They are never truly threatening nor do they have their share of success in their goals. Lolda is always introducing new characters who are stupid,wimpy civilians who cry a lot to Condom-Boy about how they are suffering at the hands of the villains. Lolda uses these shitty characters as a excuse to not allow the villains to wreak big havoc or succeed in their goals,even when,according to the rules of storytelling,it would be reasonable to do so.
The Phantom Troupe:
-Even though they are villains,they genuinely have bonds and care about each other,and have a story together like a normal group of friends. This makes them complex characters,as it adds a new layer to the aspect of being selfish. Their personalities and traits are captivating,and their strong teamwork makes them very effective villains.
-The henchmen are as effective as the boss. Their abilities and powers are well crafted,and they do big things in the matter of fights,power levels,and activities in their roles as villains. Their fights have good quality and are important and impactful in the bigger picture of the story.
-As Togashi is not biased towards the good guys,the Phantom Troupe are threatening and has their share of success in their goals. Gon and his friends aren't annoyingly obsessed with punishing them for their actions like Condom-Boy's gang.
The only other group i know that has a chance of being as good as PT is Uzuki's gang from Sakamoto Days. Current generation content creators should follow Togashi's example of how to write groups of villains. Lolda is a example of how not to do this.
Tag list: @Just a member @AZA @RayanOO @NikaInParis
@Chrono @Mathias @Roo @ZoroMazino
@Borasey79 @soheilhazrat @Fujishiro @Tyki_Mikk
@grey matter @Rukusho @The White Crane @Rivaille
@ZenZu @Nidai_Kitetsu @mly90 @Kurozumi Wiwi
@EmperorKinyagi @GrandmasterChef Zonji @Warchief Sanji D Goat
@Devilbat

Am I too late for the weekly Huntard X Huntard thread?
How was the latest 3 year hiatus? Was it good?

Oh boy, I really love Togashis talent of writing deep characters like the one who thinks he is so strong he does not even need tactics.
So rememberable. Ovomaltine was his name.

Bro, you're hating too much on OP, just don't read and move on.
I agree Phantom Troupe is a great villain group, but in OP you also have memorable folks like CP agents. I actually also low-key liked Big Me and Capone families. Crocodile's org was also interesting. BBP seem intriguing, although I wish there was a little more focus on them.

Yep, there's a formula, Oda makes it predictable as it's a manga for teens, and Oda relies on familiarity as it's his type of storytelling.

Really, don't like - don't read, and don't tag me for Oda hating threads please. I might not be happy with OP, but I enjoy it enough to keep on reading, and even if for you it's "Lolda" and "condom boi'', you still gotta acknowledge that OP is super popular and it wouldn't be if it was that horrible.

Not counting Kaido's one shot, or Croco beating Luffy like an ant in their first encounter etc etc, the only time a group as a whole felt really intimidating was CP9 and its almost 20y since then.
There were no gears, no fire legs or multiple heads and arms with swords back then and i was asking myself how tf will Oda make SHs beat these guys ?

Not counting Kaido's one shot, or Croco beating Luffy like an ant in their first encounter etc etc, the only time a group as a whole felt really intimidating was CP9 and its almost 20y since then.
There were no gears, no fire legs or multiple heads and arms with swords back then and i was asking myself how tf will Oda make SHs beat these guys ?
How was Onigashima not intimidating, people were thinking that the SHPs would be mainly fighting TR and Shanks would come to help otherwise the SHs would lose.

Even now people expect outside help against the Gorosei. They are 5 top tiers, 6 if you count Kizaru and SHs only have 2.

Yeah, the one time the Straw Hats felt out of their league and in danger after the TS was against the Big Mom Pirates on Whole Cake Island, and then Oda threw it all down the toilet after that stupid tamatebakko explosion.

How was Onigashima not intimidating, people were thinking that the SHPs would be mainly fighting TR and Shanks would come to help otherwise the SHs would lose.

Even now people expect outside help against the Gorosei. They are 5 top tiers, 6 if you count Kizaru and SHs only have 2.
Onigashima and EH difference is that Luffy and his crew were outnumbered and haki is the magic solution to everything. Many people including me thought that the Navy or BB will interrupt and/or participate in the battle because there were two Emperors and too many fighters on their side.

During EL we pretty much knew that matchups but couldnt understand how can they beat these guys. Nowdays all you need is some extra adv haki or summoning the god or retardation.

Onigashima and EH difference is that Luffy and his crew were outnumbered and haki is the magic solution to everything. Many people including me thought that the Navy or BB will interrupt and/or participate in the battle because there were two Emperors and too many fighters on their side.

During EL we pretty much knew that matchups but couldnt understand how can they beat these guys. Nowdays all you need is some extra adv haki or summoning the god or retardation.
I can understand what you are trying to say, the tension is no longer what it used to be because of the PUs that they are getting. And Nika introduction has had a big effect on things. But don't you think that it is because of how far the story has progressed that you can't keep the SHs feel terribly weak against the opponents. At some point they have to reach that level and when they do how can the tension be maintained. It is because of this very reason that Gorosei are given the full regen thing. Haki and other PUs are no longer going to cut it. The new obstacle is that they cant de damaged in case of Seras or fully heal in case of Gorosei.

There's a couple of users dedicated to just hating on OP every time they log in here for some reason
It's like, when lee33 went MIA, PeperLevi stepped up and became the new king of OP haters
And I mean, it's okay if you don't like it.
Truth be told I don't like some of the stuff in the current arc either. But don't make almost every single post you create be about that.
I like @Light D Lamperouge approach, he's really classy about OP - he doesn't like it much, but instead of hating he promotes other cool titles on the forum, I learned so much thanks to him!