Current Events Luffy and Sanji duoship

11 hits out of which 8 were pretty normal kicks

The first and the second kick (where Luffy’s skull was fractured) were more serious ones, the 11th and last kick the one with the most power. I’m really fascinated with how Diable Jambe increases his attack power.

How do you think Sanji’s lethality differ from his siblings Ichiji and Niji? (electricity and explosion abilities) Sanji has incredible AP but the fact how he uses his fire for internal damage is clear evidence he has Vinsmoke genetics made better through enhanced training (like cooking with his leg lol). Jabura made clear DJ increases his attack power, not just lethality.
Nah my opinion its gotta do with Skywalk. DJ probably does increase something. But the attacks that land the hardest have to do with whether he had momentum or not.

Id say DJ increase AP and lethality. But Skywalk increases that way further. Either way he did way better than a YC1....and they both landed free hits on Luffy.
Post automatically merged:

Makes sense that after seeing the 2 teamed up for a bit people would enjoy reminiscing and thinking about their moments together
They mad jelly

C

critical mindset

Either way he did way better than a YC1....and they both landed free hits on Luffy.
That’s such a damning fact for Katakuri and in extension Luffy. I mean Katakuri was matching Gatling gun that were haki imbued, proceeding to attack Luffy with said Gatling gun attacks. Luffy was essentially attacked with some of his own attacks. Diable Jambe is something really insane

I still need usopp and Luffy together post timeskip.

I'm glad we're getting usopp and nami again but usopp and luffy... that duo can't be beat & I need more of them tbh.
Yes, the level of SH interactions has dipped so hard, and the interactions between the two may have suffered the strongest blow.

I personally don't recall a single one since the time the timeskip ended which is so sad.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I like these two. It's like a mix between Luffy and Zoro, and Luffy and Nami. Sanji has the strength and daring to keep up with Luffy's antics like Zoro, but he has the rational of Nami to keep him in line when he is doing something reckless or stupid.

The two also bonded over their mutually impossible dreams, so they respect eachother's determination because of it.

I like these two. It's like a mix between Luffy and Zoro, and Luffy and Nami. Sanji has the strength and daring to keep up with Luffy's antics like Zoro, but he has the rational of Nami to keep him in line when he is doing something reckless or stupid.

The two also bonded over their mutually impossible dreams, so they respect eachother's determination because of it.
Also the sacrifices of their mentors. And their differences. Luffy wants to make Shanks proud and pursue his dream. While Sanji wanted to pay back the debt the first.

Another difference is how Luffy has amazing brothers who are not related to him. Whilst Sanji's brothers who are related to him....suck.

That was the worst Sanji's moment. People often brings his perverted actions, his crying over Pudding but this moment seems so out of character, like he was never a part of the straw hat crew and he didn't even trust in himself or Luffy. That was bad writing from Oda
i'd argue otherwise.. if you understand the motive behind his action, his quandary, the situation he was in and how he understood luffy... that honestly was the only thing he could do.. and with that intention of just Turning luffy away from him so that he could protect Zeff and the crew simultaneously by sacrificing his dream that he was suppose to fulfill with luffy , .. and ofc it never worked on luffy coz luffy isn't your average ragtag captain.. he sees through you.. luffy understood that sanji was holding back, that sanji was conflicted, and that sanji was bluffing just to turn him away..so he didn't lift his fist against sanji..

Luffy never cared about sanji kicking him... coz he knew what he was loosing of Sanji left.. and he also knew that sanji is conflicted..

Sanji just the best thing he could do to dream of keeping luffy out of this was by kicking... who would have thought that luffy knew sanji was hurting himself with every kick... or that he was holding back..

sanji was hurt and he weepedat the end of the day.. and the fact that he did should render every kick he landed on luffy.. as a effort to keep luffy out of his mess

i'd argue otherwise.. if you understand the motive behind his action, his quandary, the situation he was in and how he understood luffy... that honestly was the only thing he could do.. and with that intention of just Turning luffy away from him so that he could protect Zeff and the crew simultaneously by sacrificing his dream that he was suppose to fulfill with luffy , .. and ofc it never worked on luffy coz luffy isn't your average ragtag captain.. he sees through you.. luffy understood that sanji was holding back, that sanji was conflicted, and that sanji was bluffing just to turn him away..so he didn't lift his fist against sanji..

Luffy never cared about sanji kicking him... coz he knew what he was loosing of Sanji left.. and he also knew that sanji is conflicted..

Sanji just the best thing he could do to dream of keeping luffy out of this was by kicking... who would have thought that luffy knew sanji was hurting himself with every kick... or that he was holding back..

sanji was hurt and he weepedat the end of the day.. and the fact that he did should render every kick he landed on luffy.. as a effort to keep luffy out of his mess
To me it didn't work because of Enies Lobby, Robin was threatened and sacrificed herself against the biggest challenge the straw hats have ever met at this point, yet he never hesitated, and he witnessed Luffy not giving a fuck about his opponent.
Whatever he would do, he should have known Luffy would have never given up on him, he sailed with the guy for months and even in Wano he is now back to the "believe in Luffy"s speech.