Powers & Abilities Luffy hasn't learned his lesson?

Veku

Flamboyant
Each form of G4 is suited for specific situations, Snakeman is all about attack speed, Boundman more of an allrounder, but also a powerhouse and Tankman is all about defense.
Against Doflamingo, Luffy required Boundman's power as emphasized:
Against Katakuri, Luffy required Snakeman's speed as emphasized:
And yet Luffy choosed to go all out and for the weakest version of G4, , instead of Boundman which has access to his strongest attack, to take down the toughest being in the manga?to take down the toughest being in the manga?
Obviously you could always argue that Luffy is bound to lose regardless of which form of G4 he enters and that he needs to come up with something new, but the way it's written is not really in- character imo.

Thoughts?​

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Agreed.

That kinda bothered me since even the Roc moves hit harder than Snakeman individually. But then you can rationalize it as Luffy looking to overwhelm Kaidou using Snakeman since he can land more hits although they hit weaker pound for pound. Since we were also shown Luffy having pretty good control over G4 transformations and with the ability to go in and out of it consistently, I guess we're going to see him shift in and out of different G4 forms; kinda similar to how Kaidou fought before in Drunk Dragon Bagua mode.

Pretty sure Oda's saving G4 Boundman for the last, that hits the hardest out of everything Luffy's got.

Luffy doesn't need boundman to break kaido's defense, since ACoA+ACoC does that regardless.

Kaido being a mythical zoan and an oni makes raw power his strength. It might be more advantageous for Luffy to make it a contest of speed, in which snakeman seems to clearly be overwhelming kaido.

100 weak attacks can do just as much damage as 10 strong attacks.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
And yet Luffy choosed to go all out and for the weakest version of G4, , instead of Boundman which has access to his strongest attack, to take down the toughest being in the manga?to take down the toughest being in the manga?
Snakeman is the most effective gear against Kaido - because it allows him to deliver the highest amount of hits.
More physical power which Boundman offers does nothing to Kaido and it will just be used as flashy finisher with KKG.
Other than that, the number of hits beats the "more powerful" hits because damage is near identical because only haki affects Kaido.

He cannot beat Kaido with force, he is trying to wear him down and that's done better with Snakeman than with Boundman.
On the other hand, a smell of another L can be tasted in the air so maybe Oda prefers him to lose in Snakeman and spare Boundman.
Either way, Snakeman is most effective gear against Kaido because in Kaido's case quality of hits depends on haki, not physical power and thus quantity beats the (same)quality.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Other than that, the number of hits beats the "more powerful" hits because damage is near identical because only haki affects Kaido.
Was this ever implied? That regardless of the power behind an attack, only the haki matters? Pretty sure a Boundman move with ACOA does more damage to Kaidou than Red Roc with ACOA. IMO, it's just that you need some form of hax/haki to bypass the Dragon Scales - the power behind the move still matters.

Each form of G4 is suited for specific situations, Snakeman is all about attack speed, Boundman more of an allrounder, but also a powerhouse and Tankman is all about defense.
Against Doflamingo, Luffy required Boundman's power as emphasized:
Against Katakuri, Luffy required Snakeman's speed as emphasized:
Obviously you could always argue that Luffy is bound to lose regardless of which form of G4 he enters and that he needs to come up with something new, but the way it's written is not really in- character imo.

Thoughts?​
You misunderstand why Luffy's using Snakeman instead of using Boundman.

Remember, Luffy's attacks can't hurt Kaido's body. He's not a swordman using powerful ryuo cutting attacks. Luffy is able to hurt Kaido by using haki (ACoC haki and his internal destruction CoA haki) to bypass Kaido's durable body and cause his internal damage. It would be a waste to use boundman. The force (power) his boundman creates from compression his arms won't cause Kaido any more damage.

The benefit to using snakeman is he is able to hit Kaido more times faster. The faster he hits Kaido the faster Kaido is damaged.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Was this ever implied? That regardless of the power behind an attack, only the haki matters? Pretty sure a Boundman move with ACOA does more damage to Kaidou than Red Roc with ACOA. IMO, it's just that you need some form of hax/haki to bypass the Dragon Scales - the power behind the move still matters.
Shown in Kuri when pure physical power ended up achieving nothing.
Red Roc fooled you, it was just the first hit that was exaggerated...

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Shown in Kuri when pure physical power ended up achieving nothing.
Red Roc fooled you, it was just the first hit that was exaggerated...
I agree that you need some ability to bypass the scales. But once you do that, the physical power does matter. As I said, I don't rate Red Roc as high as some others do or over any of the ACOA Boundman moves Luffy used on Kaidou itself, the power behind G4 coupled with ACOA is too far beyond what G3 with ACOA can do.

I'm saying that power also matters, if you have the Haki needed to bypass the scales.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I agree that you need some ability to bypass the scales. But once you do that, the physical power does matter. As I said, I don't rate Red Roc as high as some others do or over any of the ACOA Boundman moves Luffy used on Kaidou itself, the power behind G4 coupled with ACOA is too far beyond what G3 with ACOA can do.

I'm saying that power also matters, if you have the Haki needed to bypass the scales.
Snakeman has a lot more power than base and it does the same thing...
More physical power just pushes Kaido around more.
No matter how much power he uses, he has to skip the scales with no-touch and target insides with haki.

snakeman might be more useful overall now that even his normal attacks hit at the top tier level now thanks to his conquerors haki upgrade, top tier strength + crazy attack speed is a devastating combo. I was wondering myself why not go boundman until I reached this conclusion. Maybe this also implies hybrid Kaido might be too quick for boundman.

I think he is fighting at his best

It's just some fans overrate Luffy too much and they even originally expected his Base to be equal to Kaido's level just because he was clashing ACoC and splitting the sky in the overall process