Chapter Discussion Luffy Stopping Hakai?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Tbf, Luffy hadnt fully mastered the barrier at that point. Who knows how powerful it is post Udon. We can only wait an see once Luffy uses it again.

Hyo and Ray could manifest a full barrier and atleast repel, Luffy straight up failed at it vs Big Mom
its not just about executing it though

it has to withstand the force of the hakai

im sure hyou would have no issue with a barrier but his ass is getting sent flying

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Nope not gonna gift Luffy that feat.

Something to note. On Dressrossa Zoro just witnessed Luffy being blasted away with Raging Tiger, and he wasn't the least bit concerned about the attack, he was ecstatic to sub in for Luffy who couldn't stay on his feat against it. He looked confident in being able to deal with it.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
No one is denying Zoro stopped the attack for 1 second‚ but that is it ‚ 1 second which most propably any top tier could have done then die anyway if Law didn't intervene. I am not sure what is impressive about blocking an attack for a second which was going to kill him if Law wasn't there
It wasn't for "just a second".

He blocked and stalemated the attack for more than just a 'second', which shocked both the yonkos and the WG, gave a whole ass speech to the others to get out of the way, and then changed the trajectory of the attack after.

How is taking on a combined attack of 2 serious top tiers not impressive?

HA001

Nope not gonna gift Luffy that feat.

Something to note. On Dressrossa Zoro just witnessed Luffy being blasted away with Raging Tiger, and he wasn't the least bit concerned about the attack, he was ecstatic to sub in for Luffy who couldn't stay on his feat against it. He looked confident in being able to deal with it.

we are all in agreement zoro is using barrier here right ?
as the attack is clearly being held back

S

SinOfGreed

No one is denying Zoro stopped the attack for 1 second‚ but that is it ‚ 1 second which most propably any top tier could have done then die anyway if Law didn't intervene. I am not sure what is impressive about blocking an attack for a second which was going to kill him if Law wasn't there
Surely you ain't serious? You do realise without Zoro blocking that combo attack from 2 Yonko, THE FIGHT WOULD BE FINISHED

Tbf, Luffy hadnt fully mastered the barrier at that point. Who knows how powerful it is post Udon. We can only wait an see once Luffy uses it again.

Hyo and Ray could manifest a full barrier and atleast repel, Luffy straight up failed at it vs Big Mom
That is also possible.
It is important to note that Hyo's barrier wasn't able to stop the attack from sending him flying. So it still comes down to how strong it stand it's ground.
In Zoro's case, it is highly likely he used barrier haki, because the attack didn't spill past him

HA001

That is also possible.
It is important to note that Hyo's barrier wasn't able to stop the attack from sending him flying. So it still comes down to how strong it stand it's ground.
In Zoro's case, it is highly likely he used barrier haki, because the attack didn't spill past him
rip to the only enma lets him use ryou guys

which begs the question wtf is the fire on enma

HA001

We will have to wait for an explanation on that. I viewed it as Kaido being the only one to see that "fire" because it represents Oden's Aura/presence. Because nobody mentioned it besides Kaido
thats a good as guess as any

my only other half thought was maybe like with red roc having fire its a sign enma is doing internal ryou

but then oden never had this fire on his blades

The spoilers said one second -.-
First of all it's not just "1 second" strictly speaking.
What Kidd really said is "for a moment".

*Kidd says: 一でも = Even if for a moment.
If he had said "second" then the Kanji would be 秒 instead of

So Kidd talks about a moment.

So it's not 1 second literally.
It was just an expression, pretty much like when someone say "give me just one second".
Does that means that he's literally asking for just another 1 second?
No, clearly that's not the case. Here's the same.

H

humanbeing

well it depends just of what Oda wants if he wanted he could defend himself at least against it using barrier haki. he saw the Future he might be even able to avoid it if Oda wanted. Oda just wanted to give Zoro and to take him down for some chapters. Luffy will continue the fight along the others , but they will go down as well then Zoro and Luffy will go against Kaido together.
I think Kaido's direct attack is more serious if it hit anyone of them, but Oda is gonna let Luffy have the fate of surviving it without much of damage thanks to his superior haki (Ryuo).