General & Others Luffy vs Akainu naysaying feels pretty ironic

Honestly we ran down all the arguments for Luffy vs Akainu a hundred times by now, pretty much everyone deep down knows that the fight makes the most sense considering the build up.

Question remains, is Oda bound by all this build up he made ?
I'd say no. He does whatever he wants so other matchups are still possible, doesn't disprove the fact that objectively Luffy is the only one with actual reasons to fight Akainu until Oda puts up another fighter like Dragon to take over that task.
This pretty much sums it up perfectly.

If not for the Imu asspull and the "revival" of Sabo + eating Ace's df, Sakazuki had the most eos enemy vibes.

Nowdays its a bit more complicated.

If not for the Imu asspull and the "revival" of Sabo + eating Ace's df, Sakazuki had the most eos enemy vibes.

Nowdays its a bit more complicated.
I never thought Akainu being an endgame. Even before imu reveal. Oda doesn't reveal abilities of endgame like that and Akainu's portrayal was not out worldly or anything.

Yes he was restricted but Old WB did better against him.

WG being the main villain simply made more sense. Akainu was portrayed as a solid top tier. Nothing more.

Endgame shounen villains are often godlike and shit on general top tiers. And Akainu wasn't like that

Absolutely right Wiwi. For some reason, double standards are so ingrained in almost everything mentioned by those who hate the Admirals.
I honestly don’t get how people can be so bothered by characters’ strengths.

From the very start, Luffy has been an avenger and taking fights on behalf of others, usually just because the foe in question pissed him off.
But when it comes to the person that has impacted Luffy the most, even changing his physical design, this is where some people draw the line. This is when anybody else but Luffy must fight him, because otherwise “aKaiNu ToO sTrOnK!”

Sure, some people even after 1000 chapters follow the series just for powerscaling (which is mind boggling in itself), but to think that some would rather sacrifice the story itself for the sake of it is pretty disappointing