Versus Battle Luffy vs Itachi

Can't Luffy just speedblitz him either way? 🤔
He could, but that depends on the rules of the battle. Moral on/off can decide a lot here. Itachi often uses Gen-Jutsu as first move, even before the battle really starts. This is one of his characteristic features to use Gen-Jutsu against his opponent in the first place. If we change Itachi with Sasuke, then Gen-Jutsu is probably not the first move here. Sasuke didn´t use it often like his brother.

He should be hella faster IIRC
Yes, Luffy should be faster. However, Itachi reacted already to lightning (Kirin) and later to someone who dodged Ay his speed attacks (Naruto). I think Luffy is still a bit faster, he causally kicked lightning away in his fight against Enel and later scaling put him above sub-relativistic to relativistic speed at least in reaction. Luffy should be faster + his precognition allows him another advantage/hard counter here. Also his physics, which are beyond Itachi his own.

course he only does when morals are active usually
Yes. It really depends on that situation and how a character act in the first situation. Since the creator of this matchup never said something about moral, i thought it would be automatically on.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
This fight is not particularly tricky to disentangle.

As long as Itachi's Amaterasu can hit Luffy he is done for, same for Infinite Tsukuyomi.

However if Luffy doesn't allow hence going for the blitz, Itachi is easily overwhelmed physically.
Itachi can't use Infinite Tsukuyomi...and I am pretty sure Luffy can evade Itachi's Amaterasu seeing how he doesn't have Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi to manipulate the flames like Sasuke. Itachi's best bet would be to use water dragon bullet and drown him..

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Itachi can't use Infinite Tsukuyomi...and I am pretty sure Luffy can evade Itachi's Amaterasu seeing how he doesn't have Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi to manipulate the flames like Sasuke. Itachi's best bet would be to use water dragon bullet and drown him..
My bad it was a typo. Regardless Itachi can still torture people like the Infinite version does and cause them enough damage for them to fundamentally lose the fight, that is ascertained. Repairing that mental damage is something that one cannot do on themselves without being healed.