Current Events Luffy vs Kaido is a major asspull

Are you okay with how the Luffy vs Kaido fight is playing out?

• Yes

Votes: 72 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 50.0%

• Total voters
If you're favorite character is no longer on the roof you will complain, stop pretending like you're arguing because of asspulls, you hate the fact Luffy is looking ridiculously better than every other character in Wano. Yes this is an asspull to the highest degree but so are the other 4 supernovas without a gear 4th, futures sight, advanced armament, advanced king and experience against extremely powerful opponents coupled with extensive training surviving a Kaido that is capable (in his base form mind you) of moving so fast that future sight is almost rendered useless.....oh and by the way............BIG MOM IS THERE TOO, stop acting like you care about consistency. There are people who have been genuinely addressing these issues while you were fanboying over you favorite character bullshitting their way against two of the most powerful characters in the story now sit down and watch the protagonist be the protagonist.

When I said COC I meant ACOC. You guys use way too many acronyms but you know what I meant. 20 chapters no, but in order to rise to this level I do expect at least 10 chapters. There have been so many wasted panels in Wano that dedicating 10 would have been easy to do.

To your 2nd point, Kaido's immense willpower doesn't surpass Luffy's in base? Given how the world of OP has been set up, how can that be?
There is no such thing as adCoC (atleast not yet).....he is just using the same thing he used unconsciously to save Hyogoro in Udon prison....we call it as "penetration haki"...

and Luffy is not physically overpowering hybrid Kaido...he is just clashing equally with Kaido CoC...it is not as if Luffy willpower or Kaido willpower increases with gears or forms....there is a reason CoC called kings willpower...regarding Luffy willpower, Kaido and momo even mentioned this....

Luffy was in seastone handcuffs, Moving Huge boulders and this dude thinks throwing some punches is the training...
Dude is biased as fuck. Nobody listen to this guy.
Throwing boulders in seastone handcuffs is enough to go toe to toe with the most powerful creature in One Piece? How is that not trash tier build-up? If you were writing OP, could you not imagine up something way better than that? I don't have this petty bias towards characters like most of you here have. I read everything with equal judgment and call what I see.

Or is this the best-case scenario/training in your opinion? You don't have to praise everything and eat up all of the guy's writing like it's all perfect. Some of it is good and some of it is bad.

If you're favorite character is no longer on the roof you will complain, stop pretending like you're arguing because of asspulls, you hate the fact Luffy is looking ridiculously better than every other character in Wano. Yes this is an asspull to the highest degree but so are the other 4 supernovas without a gear 4th, futures sight, advanced armament, advanced king and experience against extremely powerful opponents coupled with extensive training surviving a Kaido that is capable (in his base form mind you) of moving so fast that future sight is almost rendered useless.....oh an by the way............BIG MOM IS THERE TOO, stop acting like you care about consistency. There are people who have been genuinely addressing these issues while you were fanboying over you favorite character bullshitting their way against two of the most powerful characters in the story now sit down and watch the protagonist be the protagonist.
I don't have any favorite characters. Luffy can look as good as he wants to look as long as it makes sense. The other Supernovas went down after they were attacked, they didn't make these miraculous recoveries. I read OP as a whole, and I'm not pulling for this or that character to get more moments or feats over others. I am a part of no fan club. I just want better writing all around and for stories and plots that have been developing over time to unfold in a manner that makes sense.

Throwing boulders in seastone handcuffs is enough to go toe to toe with the most powerful creature in One Piece? How is that not trash tier build-up? If you were writing OP, could you not imagine up something way better than that? I don't have this petty bias towards characters like most of you here have. I read everything with equal judgment and call what I see.

Or is this the best-case scenario/training in your opinion? You don't have to praise everything and eat up all of the guy's writing like it's all perfect. Some of it is good and some of it is bad.

I don't have any favorite characters. Luffy can look as good as he wants to look as long as it makes sense. The other Supernovas went down after they were attacked, they didn't make these miraculous recoveries. I read OP as a whole, and I'm not pulling for this or that character to get more moments or feats over others. I am a part of no fan club. I just want better writing all around and for stories and plots that have been developing over time to unfold in a manner that makes sense.
Not you specifically man I am addressing everyone.

Huh? It doesn't matter if it were hinted at or not. You can't go from getting one shotted, then hinting a power up and then one week later your base form is able to keep up with hybrid form. It is obviously you with the bias.
It is an asspull and I am pretty sure Ravager isn't sitting here saying it makes so much sense, rather that it is more believable than most of the other shit that's going on. But I actually agree with both of you lol.

You're conflating like 100 different things. If Kaido lands a clean Thunder Bagua, he still knocks out Luffy, Gear 4 or base. That hasn't changed.

In 923, Luffy clearly wasn't using Future Sight.

It has been stated over and over that Kaido is hurting and is worn down. Not terms of attack, but in terms of HP.

He was dodging a Red Hawk without CoC even prior, because he's taken too much damage.
Dude, yall making things up with your head canons. Luffy literally took a direct clean blow by Kaido chapter 1010 and he tanked it with his ass pull power up. So your statement, "If Kaido lands a clean Thunder Bagua, he still knocks out Luffy, Gear 4 or base" is a clear lie.

Now this quote, "It has been stated over and over that Kaido is hurting and is worn down. Not terms of attack, but in terms of HP. " is yet another lie. I think I understand english and "why are you dodging Kaido, is it because it would hurt" is not the same as "as Kaido is worn down". Hits can still hurt regardless of the person being "worned down" or not.
Post automatically merged:

You're just going to fucking Ignore WCi plus Luffy believing Kaidou killed his crew? Fucking come on. STFU with the bias.
When did I ever curse? Like can yall chill out? It's a FICTIONAL story. It isn't real. You guys are acting like as if I insulted your mother or something. Also, I have no idea what you're talking about "Luffy believing Kaido killed his crew".

Dude, yall making things up with your head canons. Luffy literally took a direct clean blow by Kaido chapter 1010 and he tanked it with his ass pull power up. So your statement, "If Kaido lands a clean Thunder Bagua, he still knocks out Luffy, Gear 4 or base" is a clear lie.

Now this quote, "It has been stated over and over that Kaido is hurting and is worn down. Not terms of attack, but in terms of HP. " is yet another lie. I think I understand english and "why are you dodging Kaido, is it because it would hurt" is not the same as "as Kaido is worn down". Hits can still hurt regardless of the person being "worned down" or not.

When did I ever curse? Like can yall chill out? It's a FICTIONAL story. It isn't real. You guys are acting like as if I insulted your mother or something. Also, I have no idea what you're talking about "Luffy believing Kaido killed his crew".
When you're argument stops with it being part of the story and with my own language, there's an issue.
You don't know what I'm talking about? Remember fucking Boro Breath? Oden's Castle? Come back with you actually know something instead of spouting off bullshit like a little kid who didn't get his way in the candy shop.

There is no such thing as adCoC (atleast not yet).....he is just using the same thing he used unconsciously to save Hyogoro in Udon prison....we call it as "penetration haki"...

and Luffy is not physically overpowering hybrid Kaido...he is just clashing equally with Kaido CoC...it is not as if Luffy willpower or Kaido willpower increases with gears or forms....there is a reason CoC called kings willpower...regarding Luffy willpower, Kaido and momo even mentioned this....
I get what you're saying but I don't think Luffy's COC should even be at the level to clash with Kaido's equally honestly. There has to be levels to it. If there were no levels, then Luffy's COC level during Marineford or during Fishman Island was enough to clash at that time too? It had to advance or grow in potency from that point to reach where we are now.

Dude I literally have no idea what you're talking about. One topic at a time. This is your quote, "If Kaido lands a clean Thunder Bagua, he still knocks out Luffy, Gear 4 or base". My reply to that quote is go reread chapter 1010 and see if Kaido lands a clean hit on Luffy as well as the same Thunder Bagua he lands on Law and Zoro.
you quoted me with;
|Huh? It doesn't matter if it were hinted at or not. You can't go from getting one shotted, then hinting a power up and then one week later your base form is able to keep up with hybrid form. It is obviously you with the bias.|
You talking to more than one person in this thread Durr.

Udon and Hyou helped Luffy, You just don't like that it happened and calling it an asspull. Fuck off with that.

The real aspull is how tf Law survives acoc thunder bagua from hybrid kaido when luffy was koed by basic thunder bagua from normal mode kaido.
A whole bunch of bullshit is happening. But Seems to be that a select few only think Luffy does is asspull, When he's the last to be that.
Law couldn't handle Doflamingo, Zoro barely showed any sort of feat and level to be on Top tier level, Neither Kidd nor Killer either.
But everybody complains about Luffy. Y'all some petty pathetic pos.

The real aspull is how tf Law survives acoc thunder bagua from hybrid kaido when luffy was koed by basic thunder bagua from normal mode kaido.
That panel was odd, it didn't look like the Bagua landed flush rather the CoC streak was what hit them......its a weird panel to be honest with you.

A whole bunch of bullshit is happening. But Seems to be that a select few only think Luffy does is asspull, When he's the last to be that.
Law couldn't handle Doflamingo, Zoro barely showed any sort of feat and level to be on Top tier level, Neither Kidd nor Killer either.
Yes this is the point I agree with definitely its selective.

I didn't expect the community to be divided right down the middle when I made the poll. How can anyone read this fight and not say it isn't some kind of asspull? Call a spade a spade.

It doesn't matter how weakened Kaido may or may not be though. If Kaido was severely weakened, Oda would have made that clear. After Ashura, he was still on his feet. Luffy gets KO'ed by Ragnarok, then immediately gets up and all of a sudden has a new power up right that moment? It's shonen bullshit. Roronoa went down after he got clapped up. I hate miraculous recoveries. If it was Roronoa miraculously reviving after Thunder Bagua I would have called that an asspull too. There's no reason at this point of the story for Luffy to be in base form going toe to toe with a Yonko in his 2nd form.

What training? A couple of panels in Udon? That's all it takes? Instead of dedicating so much time to these side characters, he should have given Luffy real training so that the reader can objectively look at the fight and not immediately think asspull. He throws a couple of punches in Udon and now all of sudden he's Yonko level in base form? He observed Kaido's abilities in his first fight and thats all it takes to power up to his level? He wasn't ready and shouldn't be ready to 1v1 him, especially in Hybrid. The entire roof fight should have been a group effort that they all eventually lose. Zoro and Law going down should have been the end of it. Then you do an actual training arc in the next Act and have another group battle for the 3rd fight. Luffy shouldn't be at the level of going 1 on 1 with a Yonko until after Wano ends.

Oda has set the expectations and the power levels of Yonko way too high to just do that. I understand he wants to end the manga soon but if that's the case then dedicate panel time to what matters. Nico Robin for example should be pivotal in Wano and to the story in general due to the poneglyphs but she has gotten nothing in Wano so far. Instead we're reading panels about Dibi Dangos, horrible Smile designs, and shitty Oden samurai.

Was this physical strength nullification explained anywhere though? Would it not be better to have Luffy train his time limits when in Gear mode after the roof battle is over and wrap that in Conquerors instead?

No single Supernova should be strong enough to go toe to toe with a Yonko right now. Even if we're just talking COC clashes, how is Kaido's COC not stronger than Luffy's? Luffy just learned it on the spot and it's enough to clash with Kaido's club multiple times in base form? Lol I love One Piece but this is garbage.

That's how it should have been. I understand that the eventual Kaido vs Luffy 1v1 has to come but not this early. Kaido vs Luffy in an equal battle is something you save for the final act or for post Wano. And yeah I know that Luffy will probably still be overwhelmed by Kaido eventually, but imagine if Kaido has to power up past hybrid to put down base Luffy. It would be so bad.

Kaido is having a good time atm, but if he has to struggle to defeat Luffy or power up past Hybrid then that's trash tier writing and completely kills all Yonko hype for the rest of the series.

Exactly. You can't hype Yonkos to this level and pull this kind of stuff. Like I said earlier, if he was in Snakeman form using COC I would be more accepting of this, but base form just cheapens everything, especially after taking Ragnarok in base. He shouldn't be able to get up from that. I know its shonen but come on. There are still lines you don't cross.

How?

The 1st club to the face was a Thunder Bagua. The 2nd club to the face was Ragnarok in Hybrid form. If he almost died from the first club, then how is it that he can miraculously recover from a stronger club? This isn't about setting expectations too high and imagining ideal scenarios as to how we want things to play out. It's about remaining consistent and not pulling shit out of your ass because you're in a rush to end the story. I am looking at this holistically and I'm looking at the big picture, and the way the fight is playing out doesn't make a lick of sense.
It’s an asspull from Kaido for simple reasons:

It was established that you cannot train your Conquerors Haki. And that you only get stronger with it and more effecient with it through your personal growth in the other area (ie... your armament and observation)...
We can clearly see that Luffy applied the same concept of flow from his Ryuu training in order to open the door for Conquerors haki.
Him accessing that area was facilitated by his mastery over Ryuu

and his observation haki is already among the top... meaning Luffy currently already having advanced version of all 3 haki types

thus it’s no surprise for him to imbue his attacks with conquerors haki, cause his growth in haki is through the roof...

kaido on the other hand, showed ZERO signs of observation Haki
Showed Zero sign that he knows Ryuu, in fact he was surprised that Scabbards could hurt him and didn’t know how their haki can do it...

he’s clueless about usage of flow/Ryuu

yet somehow the haki which cannot be trained or elevated unless you elevate the other two, he’s somehow asspulling his way to use Conquerors haki in advanced version

at least Luffy’s power ups are logical and follows the story logic, while Kaido’s powers are just everywhere in every place, when Oda wants him to have an ability, be it regeneration, hard skin, king’s haki or whatever, he just grants it with no consequences.... it’s the embodiment of BULLSHIT... same as Blackbeard breaking rules of One Piece by eating 2 DF just cause it’s hype, with no logic

So yeah, it’s asspull for Kaido not Luffy... and the only reason he gets a pass is because he’s not the MC and because he’s got title of Yonko which is the most wanked title by fans

I am not complaing only about Luffy. I literally mentioned Law and Zoro in my quote to you. You aren't making any sense.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Was this physical strength nullification explained anywhere though? Would it not be better to have Luffy train his time limits when in Gear mode after the roof battle is over and wrap that in Conquerors instead?

No single Supernova should be strong enough to go toe to toe with a Yonko right now. Even if we're just talking COC clashes, how is Kaido's COC not stronger than Luffy's? Luffy just learned it on the spot and it's enough to clash with Kaido's club multiple times in base form? Lol I love One Piece but this is garbage.
It wasnt but considering that physical strength of hybrid Kaido paired with a force generated by swinging the club is not pushing Luffy away, it seems that it is indeed nullifying it. It's a mini plot element, magical barriers. We will see if Oda will keep it consistent or not.
It should work both ways, if Luffy goes into G4 his strength should be useless since Kaido is using barriers too.

They need to go toe to toe with them, we are already in the end game of OP, facing the strongest individuals that OP world has to offer.
The storytelling will always make the main cast look like underdogs since they show their best only at the end instead of the whole fight.
Why it isnt stronger than Luffy's is probably because it is willpower, it is equal, I guess...

As I said, if it turns out to be nullifying the physical strength, then gears offer nothing to Luffy.
It is less impressive than it looks like. They went from hitting each other and dealing damage to canceling each out which achieves nothing. It cannot go on like that forever otherwise the fight would never end.

you quoted me with;
|Huh? It doesn't matter if it were hinted at or not. You can't go from getting one shotted, then hinting a power up and then one week later your base form is able to keep up with hybrid form. It is obviously you with the bias.|
You talking to more than one person in this thread Durr.

Udon and Hyou helped Luffy, You just don't like that it happened and calling it an asspull. Fuck off with that.
Yes, by defintion it's an ass pull which I already explained. Training in Udon for a week doesn't make it okay to be able to 1 v 1 Hybrid Kaido with your base form.

[
It’s an asspull from Kaido for simple reasons:

It was established that you cannot train your Conquerors Haki. And that you only get stronger with it and more effecient with it through your personal growth in the other area (ie... your armament and observation)...
We can clearly see that Luffy applied the same concept of flow from his Ryuu training in order to open the door for Conquerors haki.
Him accessing that area was facilitated by his mastery over Ryuu

and his observation haki is already among the top... meaning Luffy currently already having advanced version of all 3 haki types

thus it’s no surprise for him to imbue his attacks with conquerors haki, cause his growth in haki is through the roof...

kaido on the other hand, showed ZERO signs of observation Haki
Showed Zero sign that he knows Ryuu, in fact he was surprised that Scabbards could hurt him and didn’t know how their haki can do it...

he’s clueless about usage of flow/Ryuu

yet somehow the haki which cannot be trained or elevated unless you elevate the other two, he’s somehow asspulling his way to use Conquerors haki in advanced version

at least Luffy’s power ups are logical and follows the story logic, while Kaido’s powers are just everywhere in every place, when Oda wants him to have an ability, be it regeneration, hard skin, king’s haki or whatever, he just grants it with no consequences.... it’s the embodiment of BULLSHIT... same as Blackbeard breaking rules of One Piece by eating 2 DF just cause it’s hype, with no logic

So yeah, it’s asspull for Kaido not Luffy... and the only reason he gets a pass is because he’s not the MC and because he’s got title of Yonko which is the most wanked title by fans
The reason why I despised you back on Orojackson.

1million words, but 0 worth of senseful content. You are writing so much bs and it‘s absolutely unbearable. Seek for help