Chapter Discussion Luffy was Knocked out before Zoro. This proves that Zoro's endurance is superior to Luffy's.

Oda could have made Luffy <the endurance monster> by puttimg him in front of Hakkai which he didnt. I mean Luffy call this is a big One yet didnt do a shit to block it.. Oda used Zoro there, a valid reason is? Well Zoro is a pure endurance monster (which is something that we already knew from previous arcs).
Simple, Oda no longer needs Zoro on the roof and yes Zoro having compareable endurance to Luffy also helps.

The current direction of the story would tell you that Zoro is no longer needed on the roof. He achieved massive feats in scarring Kaido, stalling Hakai for a second, protecting Luffy vs 2 yonkou.

His contribution is evident, im also willing to believe that the scar he gave Kaido will act up similarly to Oden scar acting up when the scabbards first attacked Kaido. This will give Luffy an advantage vs Kaido further showing how useful Zoro was.
  • Kid and Killer needs to fight Big Mom without receiving too much damage this early on
  • Law - needed for support ( the support wouldn't try to stall a massive attack then try teleport the group)
  • Luffy - 1 vs 1, no way he would beat Kaido with such injuries this early in the 1vs1...he can't get injured that badly just yet. He'd look before more broken endurance wise than Kaido
Oda has no reason to let the other takes massive damage based on what was shown this chapter. Zoro is the perfect scapegoat that he can easily get rid of and now it make sense why Zoro looked the best for most of the roof chapters - thats because Oda knew he would remove him.

Yeah honestly after the Viz translation it seems like Zoro blocked Hakai long enough for everyone else to get away, and then he went on to take the full force of the attack. Law's exact words were:

"How is he still fighting? That last attack he took could have shattered every bone in his body"

"Took" implies he got hit. The portrayal here also places the damage he took from Hakai to be significantly larger than any other single hit attack anyone had taken prior to this. In comparison, when Luffy stood up later on after being KO'd by a single-hit attack Law said nothing. Seems like Zoro's endurance is still up there.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Yeah honestly after the Viz translation it seems like Zoro blocked Hakai long enough for everyone else to get away, and then he went on to take the full force of the attack. Law's exact words were:

"How is he still fighting? That last attack he took could have shattered every bone in his body"

"Took" directly implies he got hit. The portrayal here also places the damage he took from Hakai to be significantly larger than any other single hit attack anyone had taken prior to this. Seems like Zoro's endurance is still up there.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Took" implies he got hit. The portrayal here also places the damage he took from Hakai to be significantly larger than any other single hit attack anyone had taken prior to this. Seems like Zoro's endurance is still up there.
Dude that's wild.

Zoro took Hakai, scarred Hybrid Kaido with Ashura and yet, some people are still not satisfied.

I predicted it properly then.

Heh he managed to block and divert its trajectory that alone constitutes a major feat.

Then it's up in the air if he was teleported or not but it's more probable that he was not in that he factually was shown that damaged and since barrier haki was allegedly used going by the trajectory Hakai took, it seems like the explosion was presumably the trigger in provoking those injuries, despite Zoro had managed to waste a great part of the Joules output.

Of course this doesn't remove the offchance he was still teleported and only took the explosion partially, but it looks a bit contrived as an argument.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Now those who were using the excuse that there isn't any comparison to be made here...what you have to say now?
Zoro took Hakai and didn't get knocked out whiles Luffy took a significantly weaker attack and got knocked out
If Zoro didn't get shambled out of the attack, a comparison could def be made to conclude he has superior endurance.

Zoro took Hakai, for a second. After the attack, all the supernova were far away from where that fast and massive attack has hit.
And it was clear that at first he blocked, a ring shockwave showed it, but after few panels the Hakai passed through and continued to proceed.
If Zoro took it all on his own, he would have been down where the attack hit the land or he would have been dragged in the sky by it, cause he didn't deflect it.

That said, it doesn't matter because it's a beautiful sacrifice-feat, something that I appreciate.
Anyway, I see them in the same league but with Luffy a little better even in endurance. The only thing that Zoro has always been better in was defence from cut and swords, but with the new CoC+CoA I'm not sure if things have changed.

Anyway, I really like Zoro and I think is going to be top 6-7 at the end of the story, that for a Right Hand man is an incredible achievement :endthis:

Dont hold it against them, they didnt think anyone would be capable of withstanding that, especially Zoro who they underestimate as long as they know about him. Zoro has consistently dwarfed Luffy's endurance over and over again and they still act surprised... :fujilaugh:
I love how when kidd said 1 sec its 1 sec but when law said zoro took it nah law used shambles on him :rolaugh:

It doesn't matter much if it's 1 second or 10 seconds, what matters the most is being capable to block and deflect the trajectory of an allegedly strongest duo yonko combination and furthermore their individual power is specifically massive.

Yeah nope You aren't not K.O if you can still fight a few seconds/minute later
K-O is not being able to fight and need meds like Zoro is currently.

Moreover Kaido called Luffy a dead walking man that shows how much damage Luffy took

Yeah nope You aren't not K.O if you can still fight a few seconds/minute later
K-O is not being able to fight and need meds like Zoro is currently.

Moreover Kaido called Luffy a dead walking man that shows how much damage Luffy took
What are you even talking about when you don't know what KO means

If Luffy is already a dead man walking after taking a significantly weaker attack than Hakai, then that only goes to prove my point that his endurance/durability is inferior to Zoro's

What are you even talking about when you don't know what KO means

If Luffy is already a dead man walking after taking a significantly weaker attack than Hakai, then that only goes to prove my point that his endurance/durability is inferior to Zoro's

Someone who is k-o don't get up in a few seconds.
You can't fight right after a K-O that's make no sense
Did you make Boxing or something like that ?
Now Luffy took only one attack ? You should re-read roof top fight.
He's still fighting how his endurance is weaker ?