Character Discussion Luffy & Zoro Parallels All Throughout One Piece

I appluad you for going back and finding evidence to try and prove your point. That's really rare on any forum let alone this one. If I find time I'll go do the same for Usopp. I could probably do this for any strawhat.

Infact superficial relationships like this would be better represented with Law and Kidd.
No and you know it's a lie. You can find some punctual parallels between Luffy and any Muguiwara or even any character in general, but you will not find the amount of parallels and the background of the same that there are between Luffy and Zoro.

Whoever denies that special relationship between Luffy and Zoro is blind or hater. Because since Zoro is the first nakama and the meeting between Roger-Rayleigh and Luffy-Zoro is so similar, a special relationship already exists, even ignoring the other situations that are not few.

These arguments are laughable.

You’re missing the point of the thread it’s not a manner of look how close Zoro is to Luffy, it’s a matter of look how similar their mindset is and how “fate” is showing this aka Oda.

Yes Luffy is a God, Zoro is the Devil.

This is how you do parallels (not using f**king vowels)
  • Luffy’s scar is an oath to Shanks he’ll surpass him | Zoro’s scar is an oath to Mihawk he’ll surpass him
  • Zoro states the only person who can call him an idiot for his ideals is himself | Luffy says me too | Usopp says him as well and Zoro says “no”
  • You mentioned headwear which was awful, even with that Luffy and Zoros is more in tune (Zoro’s bandana represents a promise, Luffy’s hat represents a promise).
This is me not going in depth into the manga and I know for a fact I can pull at least 30+ parallels if I tried hard enough.
Sanji has more devil parallel than Zoro.
Luffy's scar was to show shanks that he's not scared of anything.
ZOro's scar was given to him be Mihawk as a life ending gesture.

I can see you think Zoro represents some mini Luffy and I don't see it. Like I said I think Usopp is a closer parallel than Zoro. The fact that Usopp has gotten all of Luffy's bounties is more poignant a point than anything you've said.

Usopps first bounty is the same as Luffy's. Even his joke bounty of 500 million on dressrosa was real bounty like a week later.

I mean even if you look at the arcs Luffy is allways the most central key to victory. It's pretty obvious without Luffy the crew isn't doing all the amazing stuff their doing. He's like 90 percent of the miracle.

But Usopp is god like aswell. I hate to say it but he's like the buggy to Shanks sometimes. Luffy literally has the ability to bring his creativeness to life and Usopp has the ability to turns his lies into reality.

As far as being magnanimous Usopp has the rest of the crew beat except Luffy. I mean they built an entire amusement park for Usopp. Before the alliance decided Luffy was the guy they wanted to follow they raised Usopp in the air and called him God. If it weren't for Luffy Nami wouldn't even be able to fight. Usopp is most likely to save the day when nobody else can.

Obviously if Usopp was more popular oda would reveal more parralels but instead Usopp gets the short end of the stick. Luffy fought blueno which was Usopp's original opponent. Garp was suppouse to tell Usopp to watch his son for him.

Hell Yasopp even said Luffy reminds him of his son. I mean even both compare their attacks to pistol. Luffy saying his punch is like a rifle and usopp saying his shots are stronger than a gun. Usopp has gigant hammer luffys has Gigant pistol. Both of them awakened haki with no training and not realizing it.

Both of them do impressions of the crews. Both of them have silly attacks that the enemy doesn't take seriously that actually prove effective. Both of them ended up on islands where they fought nature to get stronger animals constantly attacking them to make them stronger. Fans thought either one of them was nika.

Both have stood to take attacks just to show their pride as pirates. Both shipped either nami heavily. Both have sailing based dreams.

Please don't get me started on the parallels in the movies because they know the deal. Usopp and Luffy are damn near brothers in the movies.

The combination move to take down Shiki or the combination move to take down the turtle island or the combination move to defeat Douglass bullet.

I mean come on. It looks like he's had a hand in taking down every legend Luffy fought I'm the movies. Except Z.

This is actually fun. Thinking of all the parralels between Usopp and Luffy. You can see why Usopp was originally suppouse to be vice captain.

Sanji has more devil parallel than Zoro.
Luffy's scar was to show shanks that he's not scared of anything.
ZOro's scar was given to him be Mihawk as a life ending gesture.

I can see you think Zoro represents some mini Luffy and I don't see it. Like I said I think Usopp is a closer parallel than Zoro. The fact that Usopp has gotten all of Luffy's bounties is more poignant a point than anything you've said.

Usopps first bounty is the same as Luffy's. Even his joke bounty of 500 million on dressrosa was real bounty like a week later.

I mean even if you look at the arcs Luffy is allways the most central key to victory. It's pretty obvious without Luffy the crew isn't doing all the amazing stuff their doing. He's like 90 percent of the miracle.

But Usopp is god like aswell. I hate to say it but he's like the buggy to Shanks sometimes. Luffy literally has the ability to bring his creativeness to life and Usopp has the ability to turns his lies into reality.

As far as being magnanimous Usopp has the rest of the crew beat except Luffy. I mean they built an entire amusement park for Usopp. Before the alliance decided Luffy was the guy they wanted to follow they raised Usopp in the air and called him God. If it weren't for Luffy Nami wouldn't even be able to fight. Usopp is most likely to save the day when nobody else can.

Obviously if Usopp was more popular oda would reveal more parralels but instead Usopp gets the short end of the stick. Luffy fought blueno which was Usopp's original opponent. Garp was suppouse to tell Usopp to watch his son for him.

Hell Yasopp even said Luffy reminds him of his son. I mean even both compare their attacks to pistol. Luffy saying his punch is like a rifle and usopp saying his shots are stronger than a gun. Usopp has gigant hammer luffys has Gigant pistol. Both of them awakened haki with no training and not realizing it.

Both of them do impressions of the crews. Both of them have silly attacks that the enemy doesn't take seriously that actually prove effective. Both of them ended up on islands where they fought nature to get stronger animals constantly attacking them to make them stronger. Fans thought either one of them was nika.

Both have stood to take attacks just to show their pride as pirates. Both shipped either nami heavily. Both have sailing based dreams.

Please don't get me started on the parallels in the movies because they know the deal. Usopp and Luffy are damn near brothers in the movies.

The combination move to take down Shiki or the combination move to take down the turtle island or the combination move to defeat Douglass bullet.

I mean come on. It looks like he's had a hand in taking down every legend Luffy fought I'm the movies. Except Z.

This is actually fun. Thinking of all the parralels between Usopp and Luffy. You can see why Usopp was originally suppouse to be vice captain.
I already told you, you can find relationships between any character and Luffy, but not as much or as deep as with Zoro.

Without going into the subject of Usopp, I think you've forced a lot of things, yes, Usoop is Luffy's best friend, but Luffy and Zoro's relationship goes beyond friendship.

- Zoro is the first nakama, that already gives him some importance in any self-respecting series. Even more so after the Roger-Rayleigh and Luffy-Zoro parallelism. Neither Usopp nor any character has something similar.
- The parallel is not that Luffy likes meat and Zoro likes sake. All the characters like something. The parallel is that Luffy doesn't want to be a hero because he wants all the food for himself and Zoro wants all the sake for himself. The parallelism is this image:

There is nothing similar with other characters about the things he likes.
- Already when we met them in the Baratie, we saw that both Luffy and Zoro were willing to die for their dreams. Something that even Sanji himself called stupid. His willpower is immense and we see that translated into the fact that they both have King's Haki.
- What is the order of obtaining rewards? Luffy-Zoro-the rest at the same time. Who are the two Muguiwaras that are part of the Supernovas? Who have fought side by side against Kaido? If you realize it is not something specific, everything is linked.

And it is that there are many parallels, in fact it is rare in the saga that there are none. Now only in Egg Head you have Lucci-Kaku, coincidentally the rivals of Luffy and Zoro and you have the disgusted face of both, similar to Shirohigue and Oden, who considered themselves brothers.

That special relationship between Luffy and Zoro is something very clear and it is something that we not only see between the two, but also between many captains-vice-captains, including Roger and Rayleight who are the most important.

I don't know why they try so hard to deny the obvious. It is something that is part of the essence of One Piece.

This is my most Ambitious Post. But my main point is to those that deny Luffy and Zoro do not have significant parallels within the story and that Roronoa Zoro is simply just an Underling of Luffy.
FIGHTS: First off, to the people who said, "z0L0 nEv3R fIgHtS tHe mAiN aNtAGoNiSt". Well that was major cap :gokulaugh:
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Helmeppo/Captain Morgan's (Romance Dawn)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Smoker/Tashigi [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Loguetown)
  • Arlong takes Luffy/Zoro very seriously (Arlong Park)
  • Luffy vs Zoro (Whiskey Peak)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Mrs. Goldenweek/Mr.5 (Whiskey Peak)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Crocodile/Mr.1 [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Alabasta)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Bellamy (Jaya)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Wiper (Skypeia)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Lucci (Water 7)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Aqua Laguna (Sea Train)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Lucci/Kaku [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Enies Lobby)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Coby/Helmeppo [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Enies Lobby)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Moria/Kuma (Thriller Bark)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Celestial Dragon Prince Charloss (Sabaody)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Dracule "Hawkeyes" Mihawk (Baratie/Marineford)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Hody Jones (Fishman Island)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Monet (Punk Hazard)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Navy Admiral Fujitora (Fujitora)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Sumo Wrestlers (Wano)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Hawkins (Wano)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Apoo (Wano)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Big Mom/Kaido [YONKO PAIR] (Wano)
PARALLELS:
  • Luffy/Zoro cries at the loss of Ace/Kuina who was their compass [CREDIT to @Fenaker ]
  • Luffy/Zoro are often never present for backstory's (Fishman Island, Dressrosa, Arlong Park, etc. etc.) [CREDIT to @style ]
  • Luffy/Zoro met in similar ways to Roger/Rayleigh and BB/Shiryu [CREDIT to @Monkey D. Luffy ]
  • Luffy/Zoro have scars under/on the same eye and across their chest [CREDIT to @style ]
  • Luffy/Zoro set out to sea in search of a Top Tier [CREDIT to @Salah WG ]
  • Luffy/Zoro want to surpass individuals who were already Rivals
  • Luffy/Zoro both have had Usopp in the background of their Bounty Posters
  • Luffy/Zoro got his Scar for/by Shanks/Mihawk.
  • Luffy met Hyo/Momo/Kawamatsu/Kid while, at same time Zoro met Yasue/Hiyori/Onimaru/Killer
    • Kawamatsu/Onimaru were briefly partners as well
    • Hyogoro/Yasue were daimyos
    • Momonosuke/Hiyori are siblings
    • Kid/Killer are partners
  • Luffy/Zoro inspired Sanji in Baratie with their deep ambitions/willpower.
  • Tashigi and Zoro promise their superiors to become stronger after a crushing loss and realizing how much bigger the world was compared to their expectations. [CREDIT to @KiriNigiri ]
  • Luffy/Zoro are the dumbest strawhats
  • Luffy/Zoro entered Wano/Onigashima causing trouble
  • Luffy/Zoro lost their way in the Kuro fight
  • Luffy/Zoro laughed at Pica together while Dressrosa shuddered.
  • Luffy/Zoro fought Hyouzou the Octopus
  • Luffy/Zoro scared Holdem/Urashima with their haki/aura/spirit
  • Luffy/Zoro were given special introduction Post TS
    • Luffy CoC the Fake Strawhats
    • Zoro split a galleon in half
  • Luffy/Zoro imitate Shanks/Benn Beckman in Syrup Village Arc (Anime Only)
  • Luffy/Zoro have dreams related to reaching the Pinnacle Height of a Certain Path
    • Strength Is Compulsory
  • Luffy/Zoro smile before they are supposed to die (Loguetown/Arlong Park)
  • Luffy/Zoro captured by fishman
    • Luffy in FI captured by fisherman fishman
    • Zoro in Arlong Park captured by Nami and again by Hody
  • Luffy/Zoro have Haki Blooms
    • Zoro blooms BOAT in Alabasta
    • Luffy blooms FS in WCI
    • Zoro taming Enma? (has not happened yet)
    • Luffy learning Ryuo in Wano
  • Luffy/Zoro earn their first bounties in Alabasta
  • Luffy/Zoro acknowledge Blackbeard.
  • Luffy/Zoro protect their dreams against Bellamy.
  • Luffy/Zoro chased by Blackbeard.
  • Luffy/Zoro become Supernova
  • Luffy/Zoro kicked by Lucci
  • Luffy/Zoro stuck between building/Chimney (Enies Lobby)
  • Luffy/Zoro fuck up Lucci/Kaku so bad they are still unconscious after EL is destroyed
  • Time Skip
    • PK RHM Rayleigh Trains Luffy. Rayleigh Doesn't Let Luffy Eat
    • WSS Mihawk Trains Zoro. Mihawk Doesn't Let Zoro Drink
  • Luffy/Zoro don't want to be heroes they want all the Meat/Sake
  • Luffy/Zoro saves Tama/brings food
  • Luffy/Zoro experience Wano's desecration firsthand through Udon/Ebisu Town
  • Luffy/Zoro have a benefactor figure in Hyogoro/Yasuie
  • Luffy/Zoro allies with Yamato/X Drake after their Clash
  • Luffy/Zoro Speech in Udon/Onigashima
  • Luffy/Zoro face the Zombie Plague Virus/Ice Oni Virus
  • Luffy/Zoro teaches Momonosuke Leadership/Swordsmanship
  • Luffy/Zoro together makeup Oden's character
  • Luffy/Zoro were split from Ryuma's character
  • Luffy/Zoro get Thunder Bagua'd by Kaido
  • Luffy/Zoro attack the Big Mom and Kaido.
  • Luffy/Zoro attack Queen without landing the hit (udon for luffy and onigashima for zoro) Thanks to @Giggio
  • Luffy birthday is 5/5 and Zoro birthday is 11/11 Thanks to @style
  • Luffy/Zoro have a Conqueror's Haki Chapter dedicated to them. Thanks to @style
  • Onigashima: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/temple-of-the-grandmaster-zoro.6/page-599#post-1653665
IMAGES
Add this: Luffy and Zoro has animal-themed techniques.

This is my most Ambitious Post. But my main point is to those that deny Luffy and Zoro do not have significant parallels within the story and that Roronoa Zoro is simply just an Underling of Luffy.
FIGHTS: First off, to the people who said, "z0L0 nEv3R fIgHtS tHe mAiN aNtAGoNiSt". Well that was major cap :gokulaugh:
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Helmeppo/Captain Morgan's (Romance Dawn)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Smoker/Tashigi [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Loguetown)
  • Arlong takes Luffy/Zoro very seriously (Arlong Park)
  • Luffy vs Zoro (Whiskey Peak)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Mrs. Goldenweek/Mr.5 (Whiskey Peak)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Crocodile/Mr.1 [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Alabasta)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Bellamy (Jaya)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Wiper (Skypeia)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Lucci (Water 7)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Aqua Laguna (Sea Train)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Lucci/Kaku [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Enies Lobby)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Coby/Helmeppo [OFFICIAL PAIR] (Enies Lobby)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Moria/Kuma (Thriller Bark)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Celestial Dragon Prince Charloss (Sabaody)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Dracule "Hawkeyes" Mihawk (Baratie/Marineford)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Hody Jones (Fishman Island)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Monet (Punk Hazard)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Navy Admiral Fujitora (Fujitora)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Sumo Wrestlers (Wano)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Hawkins (Wano)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Apoo (Wano)
  • Luffy/Zoro vs Big Mom/Kaido [YONKO PAIR] (Wano)
PARALLELS:
  • Luffy/Zoro cries at the loss of Ace/Kuina who was their compass [CREDIT to @Fenaker ]
  • Luffy/Zoro are often never present for backstory's (Fishman Island, Dressrosa, Arlong Park, etc. etc.) [CREDIT to @style ]
  • Luffy/Zoro met in similar ways to Roger/Rayleigh and BB/Shiryu [CREDIT to @Monkey D. Luffy ]
  • Luffy/Zoro have scars under/on the same eye and across their chest [CREDIT to @style ]
  • Luffy/Zoro set out to sea in search of a Top Tier [CREDIT to @Salah WG ]
  • Luffy/Zoro want to surpass individuals who were already Rivals
  • Luffy/Zoro both have had Usopp in the background of their Bounty Posters
  • Luffy/Zoro got his Scar for/by Shanks/Mihawk.
  • Luffy met Hyo/Momo/Kawamatsu/Kid while, at same time Zoro met Yasue/Hiyori/Onimaru/Killer
    • Kawamatsu/Onimaru were briefly partners as well
    • Hyogoro/Yasue were daimyos
    • Momonosuke/Hiyori are siblings
    • Kid/Killer are partners
  • Luffy/Zoro inspired Sanji in Baratie with their deep ambitions/willpower.
  • Tashigi and Zoro promise their superiors to become stronger after a crushing loss and realizing how much bigger the world was compared to their expectations. [CREDIT to @KiriNigiri ]
  • Luffy/Zoro are the dumbest strawhats
  • Luffy/Zoro entered Wano/Onigashima causing trouble
  • Luffy/Zoro lost their way in the Kuro fight
  • Luffy/Zoro laughed at Pica together while Dressrosa shuddered.
  • Luffy/Zoro fought Hyouzou the Octopus
  • Luffy/Zoro scared Holdem/Urashima with their haki/aura/spirit
  • Luffy/Zoro were given special introduction Post TS
    • Luffy CoC the Fake Strawhats
    • Zoro split a galleon in half
  • Luffy/Zoro imitate Shanks/Benn Beckman in Syrup Village Arc (Anime Only)
  • Luffy/Zoro have dreams related to reaching the Pinnacle Height of a Certain Path
    • Strength Is Compulsory
  • Luffy/Zoro smile before they are supposed to die (Loguetown/Arlong Park)
  • Luffy/Zoro captured by fishman
    • Luffy in FI captured by fisherman fishman
    • Zoro in Arlong Park captured by Nami and again by Hody
  • Luffy/Zoro have Haki Blooms
    • Zoro blooms BOAT in Alabasta
    • Luffy blooms FS in WCI
    • Zoro taming Enma? (has not happened yet)
    • Luffy learning Ryuo in Wano
  • Luffy/Zoro earn their first bounties in Alabasta
  • Luffy/Zoro acknowledge Blackbeard.
  • Luffy/Zoro protect their dreams against Bellamy.
  • Luffy/Zoro chased by Blackbeard.
  • Luffy/Zoro become Supernova
  • Luffy/Zoro kicked by Lucci
  • Luffy/Zoro stuck between building/Chimney (Enies Lobby)
  • Luffy/Zoro fuck up Lucci/Kaku so bad they are still unconscious after EL is destroyed
  • Time Skip
    • PK RHM Rayleigh Trains Luffy. Rayleigh Doesn't Let Luffy Eat
    • WSS Mihawk Trains Zoro. Mihawk Doesn't Let Zoro Drink
  • Luffy/Zoro don't want to be heroes they want all the Meat/Sake
  • Luffy/Zoro saves Tama/brings food
  • Luffy/Zoro experience Wano's desecration firsthand through Udon/Ebisu Town
  • Luffy/Zoro have a benefactor figure in Hyogoro/Yasuie
  • Luffy/Zoro allies with Yamato/X Drake after their Clash
  • Luffy/Zoro Speech in Udon/Onigashima
  • Luffy/Zoro face the Zombie Plague Virus/Ice Oni Virus
  • Luffy/Zoro teaches Momonosuke Leadership/Swordsmanship
  • Luffy/Zoro together makeup Oden's character
  • Luffy/Zoro were split from Ryuma's character
  • Luffy/Zoro get Thunder Bagua'd by Kaido
  • Luffy/Zoro attack the Big Mom and Kaido.
  • Luffy/Zoro attack Queen without landing the hit (udon for luffy and onigashima for zoro) Thanks to @Giggio
  • Luffy birthday is 5/5 and Zoro birthday is 11/11 Thanks to @style
  • Luffy/Zoro have a Conqueror's Haki Chapter dedicated to them. Thanks to @style
  • Onigashima: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/temple-of-the-grandmaster-zoro.6/page-599#post-1653665
IMAGES
probably the basedesdesdesd post on this entire board (though not up to date)