General Mafia General Chat

F

Fallen Prince

I never missed a single game. It's some of my fondest memories.

However, I was referring to the mad parents, the ones that act like it's a life changing game every game. A parent from the other t-ball team threw a clip board at our kids dug out and said "Take that" right after they beat us for the championship and blew an air horn every time our kids got up to bat, one of the little girls on the team was in tears because it hurt her ears.
My partner is due in few months . We already have a child from her previous marriage .

I can say as step dad i had to put my shoes to not toe fine line between his original father and me. I am kind of consicous at times . My step son loves basketball , Spain dont really have so many bb courts and spoke to my partner to shift US where he might get into pro basketball career.

As a parent i think we have to sacrifice our time , i do feel happy if my stepson achieves his ambitions its worth to sacrifice the time for them.

Zemmi

GodMommie
My partner is due in few months . We already have a child from her previous marriage .

I can say as step dad i had to put my shoes to not toe fine line between his original father and me. I am kind of consicous at times . My step son loves basketball , Spain dont really have so many bb courts and spoke to my partner to shift US where he might get into pro basketball career.

As a parent i think we have to sacrifice our time , i do feel happy if my stepson achieves his ambitions its worth to sacrifice the time for them.
First, congratulations!!!

Parenting is a lot of sacrifice and it makes great memories. It's the parents that ruin sports for the kids though when they can't act like adult and they are acting more like children than the kids playing. I know some kids who couldn't stand playing because of their parents.

F

Fallen Prince

First, congratulations!!!

Parenting is a lot of sacrifice and it makes great memories. It's the parents that ruin sports for the kids though when they can't act like adult and they are acting more like children than the kids playing. I know some kids who couldn't stand playing because of their parents.
That is true some parent act like kids and there kids feel hopeless and they follow what the parents act.

I want my step son to gave his own say and make independent decision. I have seen parents throwing tantrums at coach if their son lose in soccer match just because their kid goal is offside. It can be off to other parents and discourage their kids to stop playing the game.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I ll just sus the players from the reads and give my aligns . I dont do scumhunting like reborn or yo.
Consider yourself going into a seminar where you have to give presentation on a product which your company is planning to launch.

You are new and the public doesn't know you or about that product. Some could already be in favor of that product, some could be not so sure and rest could be either against it or neutral.

But you still have to convince them of your product and how good it is.

How will you do that? By giving very effective presentation that can persuade the public.

The example is not really on the mark but I hope what I am trying to say is clear.

Giving reads won't serve any purpose because it's just not convincing enough for town. One must build case. A good one.

Also, it's not about doing scum hunt only. Last game, cobra was getting pushed for lynch real hard (for not being active and not doing scum hunt)but I was against it on grounds that he is just dumb townie.

There are numerous factors that reflect one's alignment. Scum hunt/ activeness and meta (the two most relied factors here)are just two of such factors.

One must balance all factors to build case and then pick on reactions which further helps in telling us about our case.

It's not scum players can't pull this off. But here comes the consistency into the picture.

As someone said, you don't need good memory to speak truth but you definitely need one when you lie or deceit.

F

Fallen Prince

Consider yourself going into a seminar where you have to give presentation on a product which your company is planning to launch.

You are new and the public doesn't know you or about that product. Some could already be in favor of that product, some could be not so sure and rest could be either against it or neutral.

But you still have to convince them of your product and how good it is.

How will you do that? By giving very effective presentation that can persuade the public.

The example is not really on the mark but I hope what I am trying to say is clear.

Giving reads won't serve any purpose because it's just not convincing enough for town. One must build case. A good one.

Also, it's not about doing scum hunt only. Last game, cobra was getting pushed for lynch real hard (for not being active and not doing scum hunt)but I was against it on grounds that he is just dumb townie.

There are numerous factors that reflect one's alignment. Scum hunt/ activeness and meta (the two most relied factors here)are just two of such factors.

One must balance all factors to build case and then pick on reactions which further helps in telling us about our case.

It's not scum players can't pull this off. But here comes the consistency into the picture.

As someone said, you don't need good memory to speak truth but you definitely need one when you lie or deceit.
I am not good in detecting players again perspective few are natural in playing mafia.

I cant tell what is truth or lies untill i see if there is inconsistent in game play.

I am actually praising both of you , scumhunting requires good skill .

D

Dragomir

Also being correct in reads plays a major factor in this which is my main reason I never focus on more than one of my suspect 'cause in the end you can only lynch one lol
I agree with Oreki on this. Reads are nice, but overrated. What's more important is to find one person that you'd like to get lynch and build a good enough case on them to convince other townies.

This is why I'm more or less against read lists. They don't do much to help.

Zemmi

GodMommie
I agree with Oreki on this. Reads are nice, but overrated. What's more important is to find one person that you'd like to get lynch and build a good enough case on them to convince other townies.

The reads list is a useful tool imo. It gives you reads on who might be possible scum teams if you find a scum, you can look back at the reads others gave. I have found many of scum from people's read lists.

Reborn

Reads aren't overrated if we think from whole town perspective.

Asking players to give reads is really good way to engage them which helps in knowing their opinion, catching their consistency and sincerity and is useful in catching scums.

And, as zem said you can always look back at reads to catch scum buddies.

But it's futile if one doesn't build case after getting reads

F

Fallen Prince

Also i think for throne of lies or town of salem there should be anti claim mechanic.

I am thinking of suggesting plural lynches and doing away trial mechanism.

If you played live version of tos it generally last in hours and the mechanic cant be folowed on forum.

Zemmi

GodMommie
Also i think for throne of lies or town of salem there should be anti claim mechanic.

I am thinking of suggesting plural lynches and doing away trial mechanism.

If you played live version of tos it generally last in hours and the mechanic cant be folowed on forum.
I think for ToS it would really complicate this not being able to claim because of the entire game dependent on actions. Would make a lot of mafia roles pointless sence they have to rely on manipulation of towns results.

We had redone the tos basic set up to make it easier for scum to win, while still leaving town the highest chance.

At first I thought it was broke because only scum was winning but the players eventually adjusted and it was more balanced the wins between them.

Reborn

I think for ToS it would really complicate this not being able to claim because of the entire game dependent on actions. Would make a lot of mafia roles pointless sence they have to rely on manipulation of towns results.

We had redone the tos basic set up to make it easier for scum to win, while still leaving town the highest chance.

At first I thought it was broke because only scum was winning but the players eventually adjusted and it was more balanced the wins between them.
Can I host ToS with you?
:amazing:
I will take care of all the work.

I promise that I will not troll at all. :optimistic:

Zemmi

GodMommie
Can I host ToS with you?
:amazing:
I will take care of all the work.

I promise that I will not troll at all. :optimistic:
I told Al I want to host one here but I don't think I have officially signed up for a game yet. However, I wouldn't mind co hosting a game with you if they approve me hosting one.

Reborn

I told Al I want to host one here but I don't think I have officially signed up for a game yet. However, I wouldn't mind co hosting a game with you if they approve me hosting one.
You don't need any approval to host games here more so from Mr. Strict. Lol

Rebornimformer is here so no need to worry about my sensei at all. 🤭🤭

All you need to do is mention the game in Mafia calendar

D

Dragomir

The reads list is a useful tool imo. It gives you reads on who might be possible scum teams if you find a scum, you can look back at the reads others gave. I have found many of scum from people's read lists.
Reads aren't overrated if we think from whole town perspective.

Asking players to give reads is really good way to engage them which helps in knowing their opinion, catching their consistency and sincerity and is useful in catching scums.

And, as zem said you can always look back at reads to catch scum buddies.

But it's futile if one doesn't build case after getting reads
Oh, yes I agree that read lists are useful for catching scum. I won't stop scum from using them as a way to fake productivity. I like to see how easy to see how fake or genuine they are.

But in my opinion, doing those gigantic read lists full of in-depth reasoning on why you read those players the way you do are impractical. They're very exhausting and id you can't follow up with a case on those scum reads to lynch them, those read lists at the end of the day won't do anything to help you yourself. Maybe for others.

So when it comes to read lists, I'll make mine short and simple. Rainbow or good and bad list. No reasoning provided. Just my preferred way of doing things.

Zemmi

GodMommie
Oh, yes I agree that read lists are useful for catching scum. I won't stop scum from using them as a way to fake productivity. I like to see how easy to see how fake or genuine they are.

But in my opinion, doing those gigantic read lists full of in-depth reasoning on why you read those players the way you do are impractical. They're very exhausting and id you can't follow up with a case on those scum reads to lynch them, those read lists at the end of the day won't do anything to help you yourself. Maybe for others.

So when it comes to read lists, I'll make mine short and simple. Rainbow or good and bad list. No reasoning provided. Just my preferred way of doing things.
Oh in that case I do agree, read lists shouldn't be a book long. I keep mine very short too, just usually give a couple of words why. If someone is town I don't see why they would not do it if it helps the group since many players find them useful.

N

Noctis

I would say it's always the same script town or antitown pull in their argument in relation to their reads. Perhaps with occasionally different elements. But that's for different interpretations, if we can move past that. People commonly fall into this extreme focus on reads, with false intention of being righteous town, too.

I think most players can past see it, yet?! I don't know but everyone try to put on a professional front, employ, philosophical, aggressive, leader, exploits fallacies, or even analyze state down to the tense and grammar. And still if you do that your post still can be a whole bunch of nothing

My own play which some people describe as "philosophical" does not help anyone with me being descriptive with my words. Let me explain; like once I made a whole bunch of paragraph just to make a conclusion "I don't know his meta"

if there's a certain standard that a conventional town would be expected to act based on, contrary actions do not automatically exclude you from the town party, right? Ultimately, there are rarely confirmed reads in the mafia, anyways.

So, unless you provide evidence of your implications of the town reads then your process is labeling is but unnecessarily exploiting and, that you are simply employing to your most convenience.

Also the reason I do not agree with my focus on being more than one of my suspect 'cause I tend to get over confident with my reads and if by any chance I am shooting at the right target then it can lead my other suspects to be a lynch candidate after I am killed

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I would say it's always the same script town or antitown pull in their argument in relation to their reads. Perhaps with occasionally different elements. But that's for different interpretations, if we can move past that. People commonly fall into this extreme focus on reads, with false intention of being righteous town, too.

I think most players can past see it, yet?! I don't know but everyone try to put on a professional front, employ, philosophical, aggressive, leader, exploits fallacies, or even analyze state down to the tense and grammar. And still if you do that your post still can be a whole bunch of nothing

My own play which some people describe as "philosophical" does not help anyone with me being descriptive with my words. Let me explain; like once I made a whole bunch of paragraph just to make a conclusion "I don't know his meta"

if there's a certain standard that a conventional town would be expected to act based on, contrary actions do not automatically exclude you from the town party, right? Ultimately, there are rarely confirmed reads in the mafia, anyways.

So, unless you provide evidence of your implications of the town reads then your process is labeling is but unnecessarily exploiting and, that you are simply employing to your most convenience.

Also the reason I do not agree with my focus on being more than one of my suspect 'cause I tend to get over confident with my reads and if by any chance I am shooting at the right target then it can lead my other suspects to be a lynch candidate after I am killed
IMO you cant have same meta for every situation. I am flexible and i will adjust to the situation.

Most players i see have same mistake of using same meta reads all the time in situations where they shouldnt. And then shit happens