General Mafia General Chat

Zemmi

GodMommie
You mean the calendar? There's only Rhea, Rej and Typo hosting more than once in season 3, and those games are widely apart so I'm not sure what ya mean
I'm talking about being signed up in general.

Though so many people want to host, we would still have the same problem in the way you suggest too. Basically we are facing a problem of too many host and not enough players.

I'm talking about being signed up in general.

Though so many people want to host, we would still have the same problem in the way you suggest too. Basically we are facing a problem of too many host and not enough players.
We would not because we wouldn't do two games at the same time.

So you don't think ToS/ToL/Light games shouldn't be played? or should just be filler games? I don't really like that idea tbh.
They can all be played, in a first come first serve system. It would be way more effective because players can rest and there wouldn't be two games at the same time.

Two games at the same time should be tops a normal RM one and a light one. Tossing TOS and TOL in the mix made a lot of players play both and get massively burned out.

D

Dragomir

Nothing of what you named is stopping abolishing the calendar. Different sections? Lol that's just by type of game, the games can still be posted in their section.
Sure, but I believe some organization will be lost and it'll be more difficult to keep track of the games if everyone's hosting whenever they want.

Why this isn't working? Because people say "fuck it" all the time and go host elsewhere. And two games running at the same time is harmful too, Xlaw couldn't even fill a light game just now.
And the reason why they're doing that is because the calendar is running too slow.

And my ToL game filled up fast to 21 players. Light games aren't popular.

And you're out there hosting a TOL, which is basically a filler game - while you have actual people waiting in queue long before a filler game was planned. Bad, bad.
We couldn't go down to the next game because we needed a game that would finish in week or so. None of the games in season 3 can do that.

Zemmi

GodMommie
Have you guys ever thought about using a date system? It might be a bit more complicated, and I honestly am not sure how it would work because it could make overlapping games. Though people would know exact what date their game will start.

Also I think making it to where people can't be signed up for more than 2 games would be helpful.

Sure, but I believe some organization will be lost and it'll be more difficult to keep track of the games if everyone's hosting whenever they want.
It'll be a lot easier when you have a one at a time, it's linear.

I don't know why you want to keep it so tightly controlled? It's playing games loool
And the reason why they're doing that is because the calendar is running too slow.
It's running too slow because: 1) it exists and 2) because you keep adding pointless filler games to fill out the spaces when hosts aren't ready.

We couldn't go down to the next game because we needed a game that would finish in week or so. None of the games in season 3 can do that.
I understand why you did it, I'm just telling you why it's bad.