General Mafia General Chat

Emil

Certified Memelord
Personally I think it's actually going more in the direction of a popularity contest if anything, but hopefully time will prove me wrong on that.
hm idk i always thought it used to be more in the past
maybe cuz i was new to wg
i would see the same names being discussed every time and it got tiring

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
players can sometimes use *spite* as an excuse to hide bad action usage or hide their mafia actions behind spite.
we can simply policy lynch spiters and that will fix it over time

policy lynching helps vs trolls and i consider spiting part of being a troll
To an extent I guess. I don't think spiting is epidemic here, in fact I've seen far worse on some other sites (I promise you now the kinds of flaming that went on regularly on OPB would be outright shocking here) but my point there is simply against the idea that when you have been spited to think that the solution is making friends with the other player.

I play games, then some ppl get on my nerves, and I promise myself I will spite them to hell
Then next round I roll town, so u gotta be professional and get over that
So I guess that what happens with most peeps too

And then I wait till I get Thanos 2.0 in future so I can unleash my spiteful anger
:milaugh:
talking about that I’m pretty sure I spite killed drago as town once on OJ I forgot what he did but I told them I’d spitekill em next round no matter what was more of a meme cause I said I was going to do it to them not sure if it was drago but he’s the one I could see doing that to. Haha

Ratchet

players can choose not to sign up to competitive games, none forces them
we can start by employing these rules yes
then eventually it will be known that these roles means the game is serious. otherwise casual.
I don't think it's a working solution. Will there be a standard of play enforced in non-casual games? And so on. It's not a divide that will promote a more relaxed mindset in games like these.

talking about that I’m pretty sure I spite killed drago as town once on OJ I forgot what he did but I told them I’d spitekill em next round no matter what was more of a meme cause I said I was going to do it to them not sure if it was drago but he’s the one I could see doing that to. Haha
I almost put my hand on the trigger this game out of spite, but I told myself to be rational 🤣

Ratchet

hm idk i always thought it used to be more in the past
maybe cuz i was new to wg
i would see the same names being discussed every time and it got tiring
Yeah, maybe. I've only been playing here actively for about 10 months, so I'm not qualified to talk about the evolution of the community or whatever.

Emil

Certified Memelord
don’t remember if I actually did or thought about it I forgot but you midnight Fuji and I forgot who else all just pissed me off to all hell and then I just a lot of bad experiences with you personally cause every game was just you and flower fighting and made it unenjoyable.
i have this issue with ppl where when i scum read someone ppl think im fighting them for some reason

is my tone that harsh or we arent allowed to scum read others anymore lol

So what you do is troll him back, and keep going until he gives up. I dont think he's hateful lol, he just gets heated easily and so do you which makes for an explosive mix.
Pretty much this yea, using the uno reverse card is fun

I wanna roll Ramen god again and just nuke everyone tbh, I was playing way too nice lmfao.
Playing nice is definitely not what indies should do lol, but siding with me (whatever win con i may have) is usually a good option mhm

Emil

Certified Memelord
To an extent I guess. I don't think spiting is epidemic here, in fact I've seen far worse on some other sites (I promise you now the kinds of flaming that went on regularly on OPB would be outright shocking here) but my point there is simply against the idea that when you have been spited to think that the solution is making friends with the other player.
i tend to agree, this is borderline you getting gaslighted if you have to make peace with someone spiting you

Emil

Certified Memelord
I'm busy with University and building my Social Media. I'm working on my Twitter Account, my dream is to become a Science & Technology Influencer one day.

Feel like the times for fictionality and games are almost over for me, I lost my drive for this site. I grew up too much all at once, maybe empowering my IQ even further contributed to the mental age shift as well, and I don't feel compelled anymore by browsing an anonymous site and playing games or shitposting elsewhere.

Nova Beta should become my new username but I'm too lazy to go asking for a change.

If my Twitter Account will have enough success I will probably end up quitting WG all along.
i like finalbeta more than nova beta. maybe used to it
dm us ur twitter if u dont mind later

You're conflating my point with another here. Spite doesn't mean some heinous action against someone, it could be as simple as killing a player early because you don't like them. I don't really need to agree to disagree on this, because the idea that you should just be able to control the actions another player takes towards you, including when said actions are motivated by external (out of game) influences, is frankly completely asinine. Remember we're not talking about some sustained campaign someone has to ruin the experience, just a few actions here and there is fairly spiteful. I don't even agree with banning players over spite, but I do think if players feel they're been spited by another they should be able to say so and then the community will police itself. I don't think telling said player that they should just try harder at being friends is a pragmatic solution at all. I'm sorry, but that's nonsense.
You’re at least partially misunderstanding me I’m pretty sure. No problem with calling out behavior like that and letting the community police itself.

But as far as my influence on a game, I’m looking at it as “could I have won that game if I personally did something differently”. If I could have done anything at all to prevent [insert x] from happening, including making peace with someone then the answer is “I could have done something better”. Influencing others actions is part of mafia at the end of the day. I personally only focus/dwell on my part in things when it comes to that stuff. Just how I’m wired lol.

It’s the same overall mindset that has me convinced every single Mafia loss, sports loss, etc stops at me lol. If de escalating with another person/convincing them to put the game first could have helped me win and I fell short then it’s on me.

i have this issue with ppl where when i scum read someone ppl think im fighting them for some reason

is my tone that harsh or we arent allowed to scum read others anymore lol
we probably have a lot of gen z players now. this is the world we live in.
& it’s the same with me. reads usually correct but no one listens so scum walk away Scott free