General Mafia General Chat

It's not all AL, staff discussed it and decided we can't let you swap because you'd go before people who'd been waiting in line for a long time, and you just applied.

The schedule is going to be sped up and we'll work on this, but ofc you can quit if you like. :optimistic:
I’ll wait and see what this does to the schedule before I make any rash decisions. My point was just that I can only wait for so long.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I agree, because I would like to host more games too but the Calendar is already filled for the next season.

I have ideas to speed up things, like opening a sign up while the running game is midway finished. If it fills it can start while the running game is closing in. If sign ups fill less it's a sign that things go too quickly.

Another thing I see is that the player capacity of this mafia section is growing stronger if we really constantly get guests playing here.
It is worth to consider this. That is why I hope I can still host my 32 players game. And if it ever closes in another sign ups can be prepared.

Not only this, I agree with the proposed idea of trying to run 2 games at once aslong both are not 20+ player games.
The reason OJ burned out was the handeling of multiple sections. And also the coaches burned out at the end because stuff went quickly back to back.

I still suggest to open up new coach spots for the section if it ever comes to the stage where two games will be run simultanously.
Also the more mods the better, especially for two games running simultanously.

And god save the section from toxcicity, ya all shall remember to have fun, 2021 is fresh and our mafia communities are just great!
That's where we can work on at any time!

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
I have ideas to speed up things, like opening a sign up while the running game is midway finished. If it fills it can start while the running game is closing in. If sign ups fill less it's a sign that things go too quickly.
this point I agree with

a new game can start when another one is on it's last few days

AL sama

Red Haired
this point I agree with

a new game can start when another one is on it's last few days
When the current game reaches Day 2, the next host in line should post the signup thread for their game ASAP. And when the ongoing game is reaching its last few cycles, the next host should start their game. If you're unsure about whether or not a current game is in its last few cycles then feel free to talk to the current host to get their estimate about how many cycles are left in the game.
kiwi lol

On another note, does anyone know what this site’s relation is to Thrillerbark.com? Are they both OJ spinoffs, and if so, why was there a split into different websites?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
On another note, does anyone know what this site’s relation is to Thrillerbark.com? Are they both OJ spinoffs, and if so, why was there a split into different websites?
No real negative relationship AFAIK. In the past it was a bit dodgy since both sites popped up at the same time.

WG was planned ~a year before OJ closed down and a lot of the original users of the site came from a discord filled with banned OJ members. I think it's more of two different groups of users going to each site.