General Mafia General Chat

Emil

Certified Memelord
Mafia General Chat makes more sense grammatically, because it's a General Chat for the Mafia section. It's not a thread for discussing Mafia in general terms (although it can be, it can also be a chat where people within the Mafia community just talk about anything). You're welcome.
okay that makes sense even tho sounds weird to say this way over the other

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
okay that makes sense even tho sounds weird to say this way over the other
It's just a consequence of the order in which they're read. "Mafia" is the qualifier, but because I have no interest in ensuring that only Mafia is discussed here, it only applies to the Mafia section itself, not the topic specifically. "General" is a secondary qualifier, to denote that the topics discussed within are General topics, as in anything that doesn't specifically require it's own thread. And Chat is a tertiary qualifier, to describe the nature of the thread itself (which is a Chat thread, and not say a debate thread or a battle thread which have their own structure when it comes to replying). If you swap Mafia and General around, Mafia becomes the secondary qualifier, which requires the topics at hand to be Mafia-related, with General qualifying these topics by stipulating anything within the realm of Mafia goes. Think of it like this. When you read each word, it gives you an idea about what it is. So with General Mafia Chat, you read General first, which tells you the thread is broad in scope, then Mafia, which tells you that the thread pertains to the topic of Mafia (and with General, anything within Mafia), and then Chat, which tells you that the structure of the thread is that of a typical conversation (rather a series of them). In Mafia General Chat, you read Mafia first, which tells you that the thread pertains to something involving Mafia (in this case, the section, which is why it's within the Mafia section), then General, which tells you that the topics within are general topics, and thus covers everything that doesn't require a specific thread, and then finally Chat, which again pertains to thread structure.

Emil

Certified Memelord
It's just a consequence of the order in which they're read. "Mafia" is the qualifier, but because I have no interest in ensuring that only Mafia is discussed here, it only applies to the Mafia section itself, not the topic specifically. "General" is a secondary qualifier, to denote that the topics discussed within are General topics, as in anything that doesn't specifically require it's own thread. And Chat is a tertiary qualifier, to describe the nature of the thread itself (which is a Chat thread, and not say a debate thread or a battle thread which have their own structure when it comes to replying). If you swap Mafia and General around, Mafia becomes the secondary qualifier, which requires the topics at hand to be Mafia-related, with General qualifying these topics by stipulating anything within the realm of Mafia goes. Think of it like this. When you read each word, it gives you an idea about what it is. So with General Mafia Chat, you read General first, which tells you the thread is broad in scope, then Mafia, which tells you that the thread pertains to the topic of Mafia (and with General, anything within Mafia), and then Chat, which tells you that the structure of the thread is that of a typical conversation (rather a series of them). In Mafia General Chat, you read Mafia first, which tells you that the thread pertains to something involving Mafia (in this case, the section, which is why it's within the Mafia section), then General, which tells you that the topics within are general topics, and thus covers everything that doesn't require a specific thread, and then finally Chat, which again pertains to thread structure.
10/10 better than english teachers

this is the first time english feels like math

this felt like f(g(x))

x is the chat. g is general and f is mafia. the rest is as you explained with mafia being the encompassing function, and the interior qualifiers being general chat

thanks for explaining it in a way i can relate to

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

this felt like f(g(x))

x is the chat. g is general and f is mafia. the rest is as you explained with mafia being the encompassing function, and the interior qualifiers being general chat

:jay-yeah:

How English feeling like math is any better lmao
:ronalugh:

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning

this felt like f(g(x))

My brain woks in a similar way to yours it seems (god forbid), in that a formulaic structure is far easier for me to break down and understand. No problem.