General Mafia General Chat

Thanks. It‘s just some players are too toxic and it needs to be toned down. It can‘t be that you need to put a bunch of people on Ignore to even be able to tolerate this. That‘s not how you play a game. You can‘t interact with people if you ignore them either. And personal insults have no room in a game which has the primary goal that it should be fun.

Welcome to mafia in 2022/2023. Last time mafia was even remotely fun was 2020/2021. I have a bunch of people on ignore for the simple fact it has become a shitshow designed to not be fun anymore. And, after weebs if I can even make it through weebs that is would be my final mafia game. Now, I really don't give a shit neither who likes it or don't like it because at the end of the day chances are they are the people who do/don't more than likely had a hand in why I decided to step back. You don't pay my bills, you don't contribute to my life so it's honestly fuck what you heard and what you think. It's not gonna change because the staff at places are too chicken shit to make it change or have fear of losing what memberbase they have at the expense of a few for the majority of the problems to keep it sustained. Mafia as it once was died in 2021. That's just that. The problems know who they are. And, the people who hold the keys won't do shit about it. Ignore em. It's sometimes best even if it compromises the integrity of the game but to be honest you're own star player is more important than these dipshits. So, do what ya need to do.

Welcome to mafia in 2022/2023. Last time mafia was even remotely fun was 2020/2021. I have a bunch of people on ignore for the simple fact it has become a shitshow designed to not be fun anymore. And, after weebs if I can even make it through weebs that is would be my final mafia game. Now, I really don't give a shit neither who likes it or don't like it because at the end of the day chances are they are the people who do/don't more than likely had a hand in why I decided to step back. You don't pay my bills, you don't contribute to my life so it's honestly fuck what you heard and what you think. It's not gonna change because the staff at places are too chicken shit to make it change or have fear of losing what memberbase they have at the expense of a few for the majority of the problems to keep it sustained. Mafia as it once was died in 2021. That's just that. The problems know who they are. And, the people who hold the keys won't do shit about it. Ignore em. It's sometimes best even if it compromises the integrity of the game but to be honest you're own star player is more important than these dipshits. So, do what ya need to do.
Thank you. This means a lot.

I need some time to recover from this toxic onslaught, though I don‘t think I want to quit over this. It‘s just it reached a point for me at which I can no longer believe it‘s just in the spirit of the game on some people‘s ends, but actual spite, toxicity, personal insults and policy. Which quite frankly is just unbearable. That being said, most players are still friendly and I like playing with them, but others are just awful and if not ignored, can bring a side out of me I just despise and don‘t want to show anyone because I don‘t want to become as awful as they are.

What happens in a game should stay in that game, once a game ends and a new one begins what ever baggage any previous games had should stay there. At the end of the day Mafia is just a niche forum game , no need to take it serious. Play to have fun, yes things are bound to get heated from time to time but let shit go once the game ends. You are doing yourself a disservice by holding on to anger or grudges. If peeps dont like you that's fine, you aren't going to be liked by everyone. Interact with those who do enjoy your company and keep away from those who dont

What happens in a game should stay in that game, once a game ends and a new one begins what ever baggage any previous games had should stay there. At the end of the day Mafia is just a niche forum game , no need to take it serious. Play to have fun, yes things are bound to get heated from time to time but let shit go once the game ends. You are doing yourself a disservice by holding on to anger or grudges. If peeps dont like you that's fine, you aren't going to be liked by everyone. Interact with those who do enjoy your company and keep away from those who dont
Would be nice if everyone saw it this way. Though I also think toxic behaviour should not get tolerated. If somebody tells somebody else to stop because they‘re going too far, this should be respected as well. And personal insults are a big no.

I think it's console. Not consult.

And, to be honest I remember when I used to troll people in games and people hated it. Some thought it was funny and the pretty sad part is the people who used to have an issue with it are the same people who are now glossing quite possibly worst behavior than I ever exhibited from when I started playing. It just goes to show you how much hypocrisy exists and personally you should smack yourself in the face. lol

Would be nice if everyone saw it this way. Though I also think toxic behaviour should not get tolerated. If somebody tells somebody else to stop because they‘re going too far, this should be respected as well. And personal insults are a big no.
Any form of competition will always lead to toxic environment, it's just how it is. A host should not be the one who just processes actions, they are the mediators of the game. As I've matured with age I've always been the one to step in when things are getting outa hand rather it be in private or in public I'm very transparent about who I am and what my games are. That is a hosts job when hosting a game, to make sure things are running smoothly.

Now I don't think a host should micro manage everything, everyone is different. Some peeps are just very competitive and very aggressive in their style. I think being really competitive isn't bad aslong as you know your boundaries. The moment you start taking things personal is when you need to tone it down. If you don't know if your taking it too far that's when the host should step in.

I'll also say if the game is being too much for you, or your feeling stressed, irritated or angry at someone or something give yourself permission to just step away from the game for a bit. Go outside, get a breather, watch some anime , play a video game or anything just give yourself some time to get some rest. You only end up feeling bitter and angry by trying to stick around to mudsling back, or defend yourself constantly. Which leads to wanting to quit the game or feeling so jaded quit Mafia all together.

Mafia is just a niche thing in a niche anime forum. It's supposed to be fun not something to feel stressed about. Don't make any rash decisions to just quit because things are rough, Give yourself time to process how you feel and if you come back and still feel strongly about exiting then as human beings more so than the hosts hosting should understand the decision. At the end of the day Mafia is a hobby for alot of us, we are here together to enjoy this little hobby