General Mafia General Chat

Any form of competition will always lead to toxic environment, it's just how it is. A host should not be the one who just processes actions, they are the mediators of the game. As I've matured with age I've always been the one to step in when things are getting outa hand rather it be in private or in public I'm very transparent about who I am and what my games are. That is a hosts job when hosting a game, to make sure things are running smoothly.

Now I don't think a host should micro manage everything, everyone is different. Some peeps are just very competitive and very aggressive in their style. I think being really competitive isn't bad aslong as you know your boundaries. The moment you start taking things personal is when you need to tone it down. If you don't know if your taking it too far that's when the host should step in.

I'll also say if the game is being too much for you, or your feeling stressed, irritated or angry at someone or something give yourself permission to just step away from the game for a bit. Go outside, get a breather, watch some anime , play a video game or anything just give yourself some time to get some rest. You only end up feeling bitter and angry by trying to stick around to mudsling back, or defend yourself constantly. Which leads to wanting to quit the game or feeling so jaded quit Mafia all together.

Mafia is just a niche thing in a niche anime forum. It's supposed to be fun not something to feel stressed about. Don't make any rash decisions to just quit because things are rough, Give yourself time to process how you feel and if you come back and still feel strongly about exiting then as human beings more so than the hosts hosting should understand the decision. At the end of the day Mafia is a hobby for alot of us, we are here together to enjoy this little hobby
absolutely correct, this entire post is

im taking a small break and just focusing on hosting because im rather worn down do to being nonsensical. it's bummed me out because it feels like a failure on my part to communicate like a normal human being, but it isn't necessarily anyone's responsibility to take those feelings of mine under consideration

which is why im just stepping back for now, or really just disregarding playing seriously entirely because sharing my thoughts and being my normal, usual quirky self is a vulnerability i am not longer willing to share
it isn't anyone's responsibility to react in a manner that suits my needs and respect them. id be setting myself up for utter disappointment. people taking this under consideration are very awesome for doing so, but not everyone is going to do that (and i deeply appreciate flower giving me that respect)

when you get legitimately and clearly emotional, you run the massive risk of getting trolled or pressed or even used as part of a scum tactic despite your utmost sincerity. it's lame that it happens, but reduce those risks by just going along with the joke instead of feeling discouraged by it
"yo is flower scummy this game"
the correct answer is "the only scummy things im doing this game are ones with your mom lmao"
the more you say "im fucking serious for real" some are going to take that as a challenge to really just press your buttons as much as possible
so don't give them that advantage

it'd be nice to have people just drop it and not press, but it's also your responsibility to talk after the game about asking them to consider their reactions in the future are causing you burnout. if they don't take that seriously fuck em, but some might actually note that
(that's why i don't really think emotional plays should be used as tactics because they quickly become delegitimazed and a way to just drive a narrative to get a mislynch. and i do get miffed on a players behalf when that's the case ie. lethal)

if there's something pertaining to a specific issue, i make an effort to apologize or in a disclaimer in a post to create a distinction and also encourage boundaries because im trying to be earnest and stick by that

absolutely correct, this entire post is

im taking a small break and just focusing on hosting because im rather worn down do to being nonsensical. it's bummed me out because it feels like a failure on my part to communicate like a normal human being, but it isn't necessarily anyone's responsibility to take those feelings of mine under consideration

which is why im just stepping back for now, or really just disregarding playing seriously entirely because sharing my thoughts and being my normal, usual quirky self is a vulnerability i am not longer willing to share
it isn't anyone's responsibility to react in a manner that suits my needs and respect them. id be setting myself up for utter disappointment. people taking this under consideration are very awesome for doing so, but not everyone is going to do that (and i deeply appreciate flower giving me that respect)

when you get legitimately and clearly emotional, you run the massive risk of getting trolled or pressed or even used as part of a scum tactic despite your utmost sincerity. it's lame that it happens, but reduce those risks by just going along with the joke instead of feeling discouraged by it
"yo is flower scummy this game"
the correct answer is "the only scummy things im doing this game are ones with your mom lmao"
the more you say "im fucking serious for real" some are going to take that as a challenge to really just press your buttons as much as possible
so don't give them that advantage

it'd be nice to have people just drop it and not press, but it's also your responsibility to talk after the game about asking them to consider their reactions in the future are causing you burnout. if they don't take that seriously fuck em, but some might actually note that
(that's why i don't really think emotional plays should be used as tactics because they quickly become delegitimazed and a way to just drive a narrative to get a mislynch. and i do get miffed on a players behalf when that's the case ie. lethal)

if there's something pertaining to a specific issue, i make an effort to apologize or in a disclaimer in a post to create a distinction and also encourage boundaries because im trying to be earnest and stick by that
This post is also true. Though I hope you stick around to play. You make games genuinely fun.